Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with 4K tv 16 months old

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Still waiting for power city 2 days later to even tell me someone is coming down with a time and date to repair it extremely bad service that only stemmed to get worse ha

They are under no obligation to send someone out to you. You've refused to bring the tv into them so they don't actually need to do anything to assist you further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

They are under no obligation to send someone out to you. You've refused to bring the tv into them so they don't actually need to do anything to assist you further.

Ahh how can I bring the TV to them when I live near 300km from there store?.

They wonted me to pay for the shipping up when I bought the TV online I am sorry to say when you buy things online you expect some kind of service. Why sell something and tell them you need to pay to return it when you bought it from a online store and not a retail store if I bought from the store in Dublin I would have to bring it back. Myself.

I bought it from a online store means no shop. They have to do some kind of service not expecting me to ship a 50 inch TV that is 25 KG up the country.

I like to see you if the shoe was on the other foot with your TV.

Ahh how can I bring the TV to them when I live near 300km from there store?.

They wonted me to pay for the shipping up when I bought the TV online I am sorry to say when you buy things online you expect some kind of service. Why sell something and tell them you need to pay to return it when you bought it from a online store and not a retail store if I bought from the store in Dublin I would have to bring it back. Myself.

I bought it from a online store means no shop. They have to do some kind of service not expecting me to ship a 50 inch TV that is 25 KG up the country.

I like to see you if the shoe was on the other foot with your TV.

Where you live isn't really their problem. Did you ask if you could bring it into a more local store?

Also if the item does turn out to be faulty you should get your postage back.

Where you live isn't really their problem. Did you ask if you could bring it into a more local store?

Also if the item does turn out to be faulty you should get your postage back.

Ahhh there is no local store in cork city. It's sound store down here not power city.

Also they said nope you have to pay to bring it up and to bring it back down as we won't cover it at all.

The panel in question has gone a lot worse since then as this issue is not the HDmi as I 1st said. As the panel got the strange lines as in the photo I posted here but I unplugged the console form the TV and it was on all HDmi the smart apps everything the odd grain was on.

Then the click sounds and white screen when you turn on happens every time now then it starts working.

I really can't work out what is wrong with it.

Ahhh there is no local store in cork city. It's sound store down here not power city.

Also they said nope you have to pay to bring it up and to bring it back down as we won't cover it at all.

The panel in question has gone a lot worse since then as this issue is not the HDmi as I 1st said. As the panel got the strange lines as in the photo I posted here but I unplugged the console form the TV and it was on all HDmi the smart apps everything the odd grain was on.

Then the click sounds and white screen when you turn on happens every time now then it starts working.

I really can't work out what is wrong with it.

If it's faulty they have to reimburse you for shipping, eu directive. If it's deemed not faulty or you broke it yourself then you pay. If they are agreeing to send an engineer out to you then that's way more than they are required to do.

• Advertisement

If it's faulty they have to reimburse you for shipping, eu directive. If it's deemed not faulty or you broke it yourself then you pay. If they are agreeing to send an engineer out to you then that's way more than they are required to do.

Well you are not dealing with power city at all here I have been quoting then every single law under the book and the clearly said nahh and nope to me in emails and phone calls.

Yes and no to that it's just bad customer support as they did not even say sorry once for the problem they have with my TV or say we will try and get this fixed for. You. If you seen the reply form them you be shocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Bring the tv back to the store or ship it back to the store.
    Let them check it, see what they do.
    If they don't replace it or repair it or refund you , don't take it back and go ahead with small claims.
    Keep an account of everything you have done with emails and receipts for shipping or whatever else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

And retailers wonder why we shop with Amazon....

Call Joe Duffy, that'll light a fire under their arse. Seriously.

ED E wrote: »

This is the reason I buy from Amazon they give service and care if you have a issue.

Power city said to me I am the one with a issue with wanting to get get my TV fixed, 4 months out of warranty.....

I really think a call to Joe is in order.

Are you bringing the tv back and taking them to Small claims also?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Would Amazon pay to have the TV sent back or send a repair man to the op's home after 16 months?

The problem here seems to be the op's proximity to the store where it was bought rather than the service. If the op could bring it to the store, it could be tested and if the shop is in the wrong then the op has the option of the SCC, but the shop haven't had the opportunity to examine it yet because the op won't bring it back.

XsApollo wrote: »
    Are you bringing the tv back and taking them to Small claims also?

As I said countless times I did not buy it from there store....... I have never been in a power city store in my life. I bought it online from power city as they where cheaper then argos and amazon who did not ship the TV to Ireland this is why I bought from power city a mistake.

Considering I would have to pay to ship a 25KG TV up the country eg 300 km at my own account and they then said if I do they still can't give me a proper time frame for it to be even looked out could be 10 business days could be more..... This is why I got thick at then when they could not even give me a time frame to get the TV fixed and the fact I had to pay to ship it and return it. This is why I wonted them to come out to me to fix it as I was not sending my TV to be fixed when ever they won't and at this stage it prob be after xmess to I see it again.

They have seen proof via videos photos you name it and they still blame me for the issue with the TV... The TV has all ready been repaired once when it cracked for no reason when it was barely 2 months old. They repaired that with a repair man to my house in less then 5 days now as it's out of warranty they don't care and they have said it's my issue now as it's out of warranty.

I am going to bring them to small claims at this stage as they won't even email me back or call me back when I try to call them they won't pick up the phone.

I won't my TV fixed so I can use it again as I can't enjoy my 4K tv at all.

I nearly just bought another one last night from Amazon as I am sick after going on the 2nd week or fighting with power city to repair my TV.

As I said countless times I did not buy it from there store....... I have never been in a power city store in my life. I bought it online from power city as they where cheaper then argos and amazon who did not ship the TV to Ireland this is why I bought from power city a mistake.

Considering I would have to pay to ship a 25KG TV up the country eg 300 km at my own account and they then said if I do they still can't give me a proper time frame for it to be even looked out could be 10 business days could be more..... This is why I got thick at then when they could not even give me a time frame to get the TV fixed and the fact I had to pay to ship it and return it. This is why I wonted them to come out to me to fix it as I was not sending my TV to be fixed when ever they won't and at this stage it prob be after xmess to I see it again.

They have seen proof via videos photos you name it and they still blame me for the issue with the TV... The TV has all ready been repaired once when it cracked for no reason when it was barely 2 months old. They repaired that with a repair man to my house in less then 5 days now as it's out of warranty they don't care and they have said it's my issue now as it's out of warranty.

I am going to bring them to small claims at this stage as they won't even email me back or call me back when I try to call them they won't pick up the phone.

I won't my TV fixed so I can use it again as I can't enjoy my 4K tv at all.

I nearly just bought another one last night from Amazon as I am sick after going on the 2nd week or fighting with power city to repair my TV.

As of now you can't yet prove it is faulty, they can argue it could be operator misuse. The only way they/you can prove either is by having it checked and they are within their rights to require you to send it back to where it came from. If it's faulty and they don't give you redress then you go SCC route but as things stand they will just inform the court that you refused to return it for inspection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,471 ✭✭✭TheChizler

OP get it shipped up to them. There are couriers who'll do this for €20-30.

davo10 wrote: »
    As of now you can't yet prove it is faulty, they can argue it could be operator misuse. The only way they/you can prove either is by having it checked and they are within their rights to require you to send it back to where it came from. If it's faulty and they don't give you redress then you go SCC route but as things stand they will just inform the court that you refused to return it for inspection.
    TheChizler wrote: »
    OP get it shipped up to them. There are couriers who'll do this for €20-30.

As I said if you paid 1200 euros for something you expect service of not haveing to be out of pocket for repairs. It's Amazing that they came to the same area before to repair the cracks no problem and now they have the issue of going to the same area. I have priced this it's a lot more then 20 euros.... I sent a GameCube via standard post and it was nearly that price....

I can prove its a issue with the circuit board in the TV ;). That have argued in black and white to send someone out to me as I have said... Now I have heard Notting since last tusday of them agreeing to send someone out... . I have not refused to send it up to them I refused on the grounds they can't give me a time frame on a repair and won't me to pay for the return.

Like just say you had your TV takeing away from you and said ahhh Yah we don't know when it will be back how would you fell?.,

As I said if you paid 1200 euros for something you expect service of not haveing to be out of pocket for repairs. It's Amazing that they came to the same area before to repair the cracks no problem and now they have the issue of going to the same area. I have priced this it's a lot more then 20 euros.... I sent a GameCube via standard post and it was nearly that price....

I can prove its a issue with the circuit board in the TV ;). That have argued in black and white to send someone out to me as I have said... Now I have heard Notting since last tusday of them agreeing to send someone out... . I have not refused to send it up to them I refused on the grounds they can't give me a time frame on a repair and won't me to pay for the return.

Like just say you had your TV takeing away from you and said ahhh Yah we don't know when it will be back how would you fell?.,

Op I'm not saying you are wrong or that the tv is not faulty, but until the shop examine they will not acknowledge the fault. As far as they are concerned it could have been caused by misuse and they don't want to pay for something which you may have caused.

How can they give you a time frame on repair without first seeing it? It may have to be sent back to manufacturer. It seems to me that you are actually delaying the repair by your stance, if they don't come out for another week or two and then send to the manufacturer, you will be without it for longer than if you send it tomorrow, they have it Tuesday and they can see what needs to be done and inform you. Hopefully you will get a replacement but that won't happen until they see your tv.

You're not going to make progress until they examine it themselves. Since you bought online you should probably ship it back to the address of origin, but they seem to have accepted the bricks and mortar store as an alternative. If it does turn out to be faulty you would definitely be reimbursed the shipping cost to the distribution centre, and most likely they'd have to refund the shipping cost to the alternative either.

While you have a right onto one of the three Rs if it's faulty, they have the right to examine it. The legislation is very clear about returning online orders, you pay the shipping cost if it turns out not to be the store's fault.

For the sake of €30 and getting a working TV again I'd ship it straight away. Maybe get them to confirm in writing that they'll reimburse the shipping cost if it's faulty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

davo10 wrote: »
    Would Amazon pay to have the TV sent back or send a repair man to the op's home after 16 months?

The problem here seems to be the op's proximity to the store where it was bought rather than the service. If the op could bring it to the store, it could be tested and if the shop is in the wrong then the op has the option of the SCC, but the shop haven't had the opportunity to examine it yet because the op won't bring it back.

Amazon would send him a new one and then sort out a pre-addressed shipping label for him to get the old one back to Louth. Thats how they roll.

Amazon would send him a new one and then sort out a pre-addressed shipping label for him to get the old one back to Louth. Thats how they roll.

That really is a fantastic service, I've never bought a tv from Amazon but I will in future, could you provide the link to confirm that is the policy when buying TVs from Amazon just in case I ever have an issue. Also, do they insist on that service from marketplace sellers or does it just apply to Amazon's own online sales?

As well I bought a Samsung s6 edge plus the battery failed in it after a few months. Called them they said sorry sent return labels and sent me a new one on the spot.

This is amazon for you fantasic service. That's who I be buying my next TV from as at lest they seem to care if you have a issue with something and not blame you on the issue and waste hours in trying to get it fixed. Amazon would be 15 min on the phone Bob your uncle and your sorted.

• Advertisement

As well I bought a Samsung s6 edge plus the battery failed in it after a few months. Called them they said sorry sent return labels and sent me a new one on the spot.

This is amazon for you fantasic service. That's who I be buying my next TV from as at lest they seem to care if you have a issue with something and not blame you on the issue and waste hours in trying to get it fixed. Amazon would be 15 min on the phone Bob your uncle and your sorted.
    That's low-cost operations and massive buying power for ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

Just wondering if you have called LG yet. give them a buzz, theyre usually good when it comes to fixing these issues.

ssmith6287 wrote: »
    Just wondering if you have called LG yet. give them a buzz, theyre usually good when it comes to fixing these issues.

AS i said i did call LG was one of the 1st things i did.

They told me go back to power city as they have to fix this for you not us as its 4 months out of warranty if you had warranty we would have someone out right away for you. But as out we have to charge you crazy money to get it fixed. And as i said i will not be out of pocket for a 16 month old TV to get repaired.

Not out of warranty they wouldn't. They'll wash their hands of it and point you to the manufacturer.

Not out of warranty they wouldn't. They'll wash their hands of it and point you to the manufacturer.

I have dealed with them for out of warranty issues before say your consumer rights bam they put you on hold and give in on the spot.

I have dealed with them for out of warranty issues before say your consumer rights bam they put you on hold and give in on the spot.

Yeah?

My name is Scott and I’m in the Customer Escalations Team at Amazon.

Further to our conversation on the phone today I was disappointed to learn about the issues you've had with your XXXXXXXX

Under European Law customers may make a claim in respect of defective goods for a period of at least two years (under UK Law the maximum period is 6 years).

This does not imply that an item has a warranty of two years or six years respectively but permits an individual to make a claim under certain circumstances within that time period.

Amazon do not provide the warranty for this item. However, we do have certain obligations under the Sale of Goods Act which grants recourse against a seller of goods if those goods were defective at the time of purchase (i.e. if there was an inherent fault in the goods). This may include, in certain circumstances, repair, refund or replacement, but only to the extent that doing so is not disproportionate to the value of the goods, having regard to the use the customer has already had of the goods and the nature of the goods. In addition, in order to be entitled to any repair, refund or replacement 6 months or more after purchase of goods, you must be able to provide evidence that the product was defective at the time of purchase.

For more information on your rights under the Sale of Goods Act you can contact your local Trading Standards Office.

You purchased your product approximately 15 months ago and, until recently, have used it successfully and reported no fault with the product until now. In particular, you have had satisfactory use of the product for a period of time which exceeds the manufacturer's warranty period. As such, you are not entitled to a replacement or refund of the replacement value.

runawaybishop you seem to have a issue with me that i find quite sad just because you don't get your way with your rights you are taking it out on me.

Well i have got refunds no problem on items that have broke from amazon before you just must be a unlucky or getting the wrong people on the phone and not speaking to Tair 2 from the offset.

This issue is about my TV not mean and amazon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

You purchased your product approximately 15 months ago and, until recently, have used it successfully and reported no fault with the product until now. In particular, you have had satisfactory use of the product for a period of time which exceeds the manufacturer's warranty period. As such, you are not entitled to a replacement or refund of the replacement value.

Does price not indicate durability of the good?

For 1.2k you should be getting a longer lifespan than 16 months.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/1980/act/16/enacted/en/print.html

(3) Goods are of merchantable quality if they are as fit for the purpose or purposes for which goods of that kind are commonly bought and as durable as it is reasonable to expect having regard to any description applied to them, the price (if relevant) and all the other relevant circumstances, and any reference in this Act to unmerchantable goods shall be construed accordingly.

OP,

Just contact these guys and explain the ongoings. They'll advise you better than anyone here.

Competition and Consumer Protection Commission
    Parnell House
    14 Parnell Square
    Dublin 1
    Ireland
    Opening Hours:- Lines open Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm
    Tel:(01) 402 5555
    Locall:1890 432 432
    Fax:(01) 402 5501
    Homepage: http://www.consumerhelp.ie/
    Homepage: http://www.ccpc.ie

runawaybishop you seem to have a issue with me that i find quite sad just because you don't get your way with your rights you are taking it out on me.

Well i have got refunds no problem on items that have broke from amazon before you just must be a unlucky or getting the wrong people on the phone and not speaking to Tair 2 from the offset.

This issue is about my TV not mean and amazon

I have no problem with you in the slightest.

Amazon are great in warranty, not as good out of warranty. As you can see from the post that was tier 2 escalation and they were not budging. I got a replacement by going to the manufacturer though.

Going back to your TV, you need to get it to them so they can check it out. How you get it to them is your responsibility, if they have offered to send someone out to you that is over and above what is required. If you can show there is a known manufacturer issue with the TV then that will assist greatly.

• Advertisement

At the end of day power city customer service is crap in this case.
    Nothing you can do really, apart from get the tv back to them , give them a reasonable amount of time to come back to you and then file for small claims if your not happy and recoup your return costs also.
    Just on the power city website there it says the warranty is 2 years.

Advertisement