Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maydenhayes Mornington

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭znv6i3h7kqf9ys

Does anybody know who the kitchen supplier for this development is?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 nick2020

Hi Les Paul,

I believe it is Michael Cox Furniture from Bluebell Industrial Estate

Thanks nick2020, I'll check them out

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DonnaColsh

Hi Everyone

Anyone living or moving to Maydenhayes commute to Dublin? If so how do they find it

Anyone living in the area- how is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭overpronator

DonnaColsh wrote: »
    Hi Everyone

Anyone living or moving to Maydenhayes commute to Dublin? If so how do they find it

Anyone living in the area- how is it?

I live in Grangerath and drive into the Donnybrook area every day. I leave at 6.20 and am in work in an hour or so give or take the usual delays on certain days. I ideally leave work at 4 and would be home by 5.30. Left today at 5.20 and wasnt home until 7.20 so it can be very ropey at later times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 DonnaColsh

Thanks overpronator

Currently live in Dublin and i am well used to evening traffic! Doesn't seem too bad commute wise

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Bradz213

I'm not far from Maydenhayes. Can do Bettystown to Blanch in 35mins at 7.20am and home in 45 mins at 4.45pm. Add an extra 5 mins for Maydenhayes i'd say

There is an hourly bus service to Parnell Street on the Matthews bus. The bus stop is about 500m past the entrance of Maydenhayes and the journey takes about an hour. I believe there is also extra buses in the morning and evening which go through the port tunnel by Eastwall and the IFSC. A one off round trip costs €15 and you can reuse the return ticket anytime. There are better deals for multiple trips and a tax saver scheme if you are commuting every day. That costs about €36 a week. I live about 2km from Maydenhayes and commute to Blanchardstown. Normal day takes 45mins, Bad day 1 hour and a bank holiday or off peak times 35mins. I am home from Blanchardstown faster than many of my colleagues who live in the city center and use Dublin bus so the commute is really not that bad at all.

I take train from Laytown station to Dublin Pearse and it takes me approximately 1 hour each way. Sometimes I do use Matthews Coach which stops just outside the estate and takes around same time to reach Parnell Street. Honestly, I find commute to Dublin city is reasonable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

I popped in today and was surprised to see that certain numbers and roads are going to have a different facade. Anyone else seen it yet? Not sure what I think. Basically less red brick than previously. Interestingly it's only happening with some of the upcoming houses.

[snipped]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 wmmn80

Yes, I got the info from the builder that my unit will have different facade and it is due the plan permission that some % of units need to have a difference in look.
    Brick will be above the front entrance and then first floor will not have it, basically they swapped it around in compare to show house look. Similar as you not sure what to think just have to get use to it i suppose.

I also got the call about the design change. I was initially a bit worried as the way it was described to me gave me the impression that they were swapping all of the brick for render and vice versa, leaving it predominantly render with a tiny amount of brick over the door. So I went down to have a look and was pleasantly surprised. They actually look really well and sit well against the other design in the estate.

414021.png

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Al_Bundy

Hey, we moved into Maydehayes Lane back in September. A few points from our experience:

Heating system can be a bit tricky at first and glitches every now and again but works well as long as you dont play around with it to much.

Houses are well built & the builders are good at getting any issues resolved. Even after living in the house for a few months.

Contracted kitchen fitters are not the greatest. We chose to upgrade the kitchen but had several issues with it. Its not the worst but if i could do it again i would just put in standard kitchen and upgrade a bit further down the line with fitters of our choice.

Water is very hard so you will want to put in a water softening system.

My advice would be to put in any extras wanted at the beginning while it might sound expensive at the time it saves hastle in the long term.

We had issues with the annex on the back of the house being very cold and it turned out the door needed to be adjusted which has made a huge difference.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 TOMTING

Hi Al_Bundy

Would you mind expanding on the feedback in relation to the kitchen? We are going with the same guys so any specific tips you could give us on what we should look out for would be appreciated.

I'm gutted that the water is hard. I was onto the contractors about that only last week and I was advised the water was on the hard side of soft...kinda hard to know exactly what that meant but I took it as not too bad. Coming from Laytown where the water is really hard I was hoping to avoid installing a softening system again...but it's a pill I might have to swallow!

Generally speaking I've found the contractors to be very good to deal with. We getting a few extras done like outside tap & mains socket and other bits which as you say is better to get done during the build if at all possible.

I believe from talking to one of the showhouse staff that one of major complaints in the estate is broadband...not sure what your experience is there?

Thanks for the tips...keep em coming!

Hi all,

My experience with this builder/foreman so far has not been great.,I find very slow to respond to any query especially when you have already signed the contract. Which really annoys me.....
    In relations to Kitchen Supplier, I completely agree with earlier comments that go with the standard Kitchen and update if require in future,this will save you lot of hassle and money!! ( I find extras too expensive)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Al_Bundy

Hi

On the kitchen, while the finished product was good i really don't believe the quality has a patch on a Tierney's kitchen. The upgrades on the kitchen cost us approx €2800. I had to get the builders involved over a row about the kitchen as the fitters tried to change designs without consulting me. In the end they where told to put in the agreed changes or remove the whole kitchen and even at that they did not complete fully as agreed. The fitter on site was aggressive and arrogant.

With the builders i would definitely put in all the little extra like outside tap and that as this can be a pain afterwards.

I have sky broadband and most of the time it is fine but deffo go with fibre which i am told is now available (it wasn't when we moved in)

What upgrades are available for the kitchen and how much do they cost?

You have an option to change complete Kitchen Layout, but the problem is price. Hence be carefull as it's tempting when you are in the shop with so many options infront of you to choose from. I feel there are no standard prices for anything with the supplier and the price can vary from day to day and person to person.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Twisterella12

Hi there,

Thank you for all the information in this discussion! We are currently looking at buying in Maydenhayes (3 bed without extension), however, the estate agent isn't very forthcoming with information as to what is included as standard in the houses. Was wondering if anyone could help? E.g. they say "generous tiling" in the description on the website, does this mean wall tiling only or floor tiling as well (in bathrooms)? Also, I presume you put in your own floors in the rest of the house? And is any white ware (fridge, dishwasher, washing machine,…) included? Thank you in advance for any info!

• Advertisement

I have a general idea of what the upgrades I want cost from other suppliers and I would allow for slight price variations with these guys as they are already on site. If they are close enough in price I'll just go with it but if I feel like I'm being ripped off I won't. I will be looking to change the layout a bit and also upgrade the work tops to quartz or something like it. Does anybody know what a worktop upgrade for the standard kitchen costs?

Hi there,

Thank you for all the information in this discussion! We are currently looking at buying in Maydenhayes (3 bed without extension), however, the estate agent isn't very forthcoming with information as to what is included as standard in the houses. Was wondering if anyone could help? E.g. they say "generous tiling" in the description on the website, does this mean wall tiling only or floor tiling as well (in bathrooms)? Also, I presume you put in your own floors in the rest of the house? And is any white ware (fridge, dishwasher, washing machine,…) included? Thank you in advance for any info!
    The splash back in the kitchen and both upstairs bathrooms are the only rooms tiled as far as I know. No appliances included and you floor the rest yourself.

The splash back in the kitchen and both upstairs bathrooms are the only rooms tiled as far as I know. No appliances included and you floor the rest yourself.

Great, thanks very much! That's what we thought but good to get confirmation.

Hi All [snipped]. Just trying to budget for all and shopping around for services etc. Can anyone recommend waste service providers / electricity / broadband etc that they are using?

Have to say overall our purchase process has been quite straight forward however there has been a delay with getting pricing from the builders since we met with them to go through the extras. I find dealing with the developers far easier than the agents.

I believe appliances as per the show house can be purchaser for (approx) €1700 while flooring as per the showhouse was €3500 if I remember correctly.

Thanks a mill.

Have to say overall our purchase process has been quite straight forward however there has been a delay with getting pricing from the builders since we met with them to go through the extras. I find dealing with the developers far easier than the agents.

I believe appliances as per the show house can be purchaser for (approx) €1700 while flooring as per the showhouse was €3500 if I remember correctly.

Thanks a mill.

That's good to know, thank you! Will enquire with the builders re flooring and appliances and compare to prices elsewhere. If you say flooring as per the showhouse, is that both upstairs and downstairs? Thank you!

Hi,

Just to clarify the flooring as per show house 3500 EUR is only for the Wood floor on the ground floor and doesn't include Carpet, is that correct? In relation to the appliance you are better off buying your own appliances and you will have better brand choice than indesit

Waste Service - you can check AES/Panda/Oxygen
    Broadband - you can check with Eircom/Sky

Hi Guys,

Very possible that is just the downstairs as it would seem quite cheap to be all inclusive, however that was from the agent so unsure of the accuracy!

We are pricing up appliances this weekend, the list keeps getting longer!

Thanks for tips re service providers.

Does anyone know are the houses being finished according to schedule at the moment or are there any delays?

You should expect atleast 3-4 weeks delay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 perkydapig

Hi All,

We have a deposit down on a house on Maydenhayes Lodge. We've just asked the builder about doing underfloor heating and they're saying they don't do it. At all.

I've seen a few people asking questions about it so it sounds like they used to - does anyone have any experience of putting it in or not?

Thanks.

Advertisement