Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maydenhayes Mornington

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Twisterella12

Hi everyone, did anyone have any recent update on when 1-14 MH Mews should be completed? Thank you in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Yeah, the pictures look great, I like the dark kitchen ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Finn3

Hi

Does anyone know who the front door supplier is? What type of door it is and how you rate it?

Many Thanks,

F

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Manuello

Hello future Neighbours.. Very helpfull and informative thread, thanks to all who contributed.
    Quick question to those who moved in already or closing soon. When did you assign the electricity metre to your name? My understanding, could be wrong, that it should be at the closing/ snag stage at the earliest. Getting confusing messages from the builders. House won’t be ready until Jan/Feb. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 wmmn80

Hi There,
    You do it when you know close of date and you need to provide the readings so access to meters(I was not on site so asked builders to give me readings). So we did it exactly on the date that contract sale closed off.
    You can do it at any stage but no point to do it earlier as you will be have to pay for the energy you did not used.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply. It makes perfect sense the way you did it. The builder is asking my to do it now and they will pay for any electricity used when I get the keys. Did anyone have similar experience?

Manuello wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. It makes perfect sense the way you did it. The builder is asking my to do it now and they will pay for any electricity used when I get the keys. Did anyone have similar experience?

Yes we got asked to do same a few weeks ago but then our house should be ready in the next few weeks as well so we didn't think it was too far off.

Yes we got asked to do same a few weeks ago but then our house should be ready in the next few weeks as well so we didn't think it was too far off.[/quote]

Hmmm.. may be our house is nearly ready then! I didnt actually ask them recently re: completion as I didn’t expecte it would be nearly ready based on earlier information. We are down towards the end of the road. Which part of the development your house is roughly if you don’t mind me asking? And did you have to pick provider straight away or is it just a mater of ESB putting the metre? Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dukeofcontent

We had electricity done possibly 2 months before we move in. The day we had keys to the house we did readings from meters and whatever they used they paid for it. They sent cheque so there is no problem with it. Do it before just to make sure it is all sorted before You move in :>

We had electricity done possibly 2 months before we move in. The day we had keys to the house we did readings from meters and whatever they used they paid for it. They sent cheque so there is no problem with it. Do it before just to make sure it is all sorted before You move in :>

Ok, thanks all for your help.

• Advertisement

Manuello wrote: »
    Yes we got asked to do same a few weeks ago but then our house should be ready in the next few weeks as well so we didn't think it was too far off.

Hmmm.. may be our house is nearly ready then! I didnt actually ask them recently re: completion as I didn’t expecte it would be nearly ready based on earlier information. We are down towards the end of the road. Which part of the development your house is roughly if you don’t mind me asking? And did you have to pick provider straight away or is it just a mater of ESB putting the metre? Thanks for your help.[/quote]

We didn't have to pick a provider straight away, Anne from Pivotal told us we could do that when we move in. We only had to assign our name to the meter for the esb to install it. We're on MH Mews, were up there on Sunday, the stretch of MH Road after the mews looks very nearly finished as well. Fingers crossed for you!

We didn't have to pick a provider straight away, Anne from Pivotal told us we could do that when we move in. We only had to assign our name to the meter for the esb to install it. We're on MH Mews, were up there on Sunday, the stretch of MH Road after the mews looks very nearly finished as well. Fingers crossed for you!

Thats good news. Hope all goes well for you too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Yes we are on the left, last we heard we still had the driveway to be done and esb were delayed putting the meters in but we're hoping we'll get the go ahead to snag in a couple of weeks. Good luck with your move then!

I was told the same thing just two weeks ago so I'd imagine you're not far off! Best of luck with it.

I was told the same thing just two weeks ago so I'd imagine you're not far off! Best of luck with it.

That's great, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Brunch89

Hi guys very helpful thread thanks all. Just a question we are snagging this week and wanted to know how quickly people got in after snagging?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭znv6i3h7kqf9ys

Brunch89 wrote: »
    Hi guys very helpful thread thanks all. Just a question we are snagging this week and wanted to know how quickly people got in after snagging?

It was about 2 weeks for us. There were very few problems and the builders were very good at sorting out the things we listed

First at all. All of You think heat pump it is cool thing. For Us that`s biggest disappointment of the house. Rather than pump would go for gas heating and solar panels. Bills would be about the same and hassle free. We still got some issue with system and solution for them (technician) is to power off/on computer which only fix result not cause. eg. we just back from 2 weeks holidays and heating was set for 19c just to keep it just right when we come back. When we return computer had some error and friezed and heating was off for nearly 2 weeks. When we return there was about 15c in the house. That is only one of the problems.

Has anyone had any issues with dealing with Glen Dimplex regarding their heat pump? We have just moved in and our Glen Dimplex heat pump has stopped working and is showing at least 3 error codes. Our builder was helpful and the site Foreman logged a call with Dimpco straight away. Not much more they could do to be fair. However I was not impressed with the customer service from Dimpco. I spoke to the correct department and they said they would log a service call with an engineer who would give me a call back. I left it a few hours and called them back to find out when the engineer could call out. I was just told that a call was logged and should expect a call from an engineer. Hours passed and still no call back. I called again and got the phone just rang out and went to voicemail. The mailbox was full and I couldn't leave a message. I rang different departments and no one was able to help. We both work full time and would need to know what time an engineer would be able to come so we could make arrangements. Nobody could tell us this which is very inconvenient and is poor customer service in my opinion. I understand that new houses can have a few teething problems but I did not expect a big one so soon and I am a bit concerned about this system going forward. I'm not being fussy but I am sitting in a freezing cold house.

Has anyone had any issues with dealing with Glen Dimplex regarding their heat pump? We have just moved in and our Glen Dimplex heat pump has stopped working and is showing at least 3 error codes. Our builder was helpful and the site Foreman logged a call with Dimpco straight away. Not much more they could do to be fair. However I was not impressed with the customer service from Dimpco. I spoke to the correct department and they said they would log a service call with an engineer who would give me a call back. I left it a few hours and called them back to find out when the engineer could call out. I was just told that a call was logged and should expect a call from an engineer. Hours passed and still no call back. I called again and got the phone just rang out and went to voicemail. The mailbox was full and I couldn't leave a message. I rang different departments and no one was able to help. We both work full time and would need to know what time an engineer would be able to come so we could make arrangements. Nobody could tell us this which is very inconvenient and is poor customer service in my opinion. I understand that new houses can have a few teething problems but I did not expect a big one so soon and I am a bit concerned about this system going forward. I'm not being fussy but I am sitting in a freezing cold house.
    if u got problem with heat pump switch power down on computer and external heat pump and wait for 5 min and put it back running. This is only solution until they come to ur place ;)

Does anyone know what the back garden is like on completion ie. is there a concrete patio area or seeded lawn or is it basically a pile of mud up to the back door?

Does anyone know what the back garden is like on completion ie. is there a concrete patio area or seeded lawn or is it basically a pile of mud up to the back door?
    concrete pavement same like on show houses and soil levelled and lawn seeded.

• Advertisement

concrete pavement same like on show houses and soil levelled and lawn seeded.

Thanks for that ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭omeatheopian

Absolutely consistent with my experience.....A nightmare to deal with. The selling point of Dimplex was a reputable local business that you could rely on if things did go wrong.......Didn't transpire. Shocked at the incompetence of the renewables department.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dubspy

Absolutely consistent with my experience.....A nightmare to deal with. The selling point of Dimplex was a reputable local business that you could rely on if things did go wrong.......Didn't transpire. Shocked at the incompetence of the renewables department.

You could try call Dimplex engineer <snip> - number removed
    Also are you on the Maydenhayes Facebook Group?

Hi everyone, can anybody recommend a broadband provider? We are in since October and no company can provide a service. I've been on to Sky, Eir and Vodafone and they all tell me that we are not on their system and we should speak to Eircode. I have spoken to Eircode and they tell me that all the companies have been notified and the eircode is valid. Not sure who to believe now but on Eircode's own website there is no house on the map, (just an arrow pointing to a spot in a field) and the 3 companies all want to sell to us but can't. Very frustrating knowing that this is probably down to some civil servant's incompetence. That's where the tax dollars go............... SH1TE

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭o1aa

Hi guys! I'm renting out 2 rooms in Maydenhayes if anyone is looking! Pm me for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tonto213

Hi all,

We've recently put down our deposit for the latest phase expected to be complete the second half of this year - I'm wondering if anyone can help with the following questions - some of them are a but early to ask contractors directly:
    1. Michael Cox Furniture - How have people found them in terms of quality of kitchens/wardrobes and how are they to deal with if you're looking for changes to be made to the standard kitchens? (Feel free to DM me if more appropriate).
    2. Underfloor heating - has any (more recently) asked about this? Is it possible and if so estimate costs?
    3. Extras - Besides the kitchen, wardrobes, tiling; is there anything to keep in mind that we might want to change/add more of/get rid of that isn't necessarily obvious i.e. someone previously mentioned extra sockets - something I wouldn't have thought of?

I know I'll have more questions - more so of opinions than anything which I might ask at a later stage!

Thanks a mill in advance

Tonto213 wrote: »
    Hi all,

We've recently put down our deposit for the latest phase expected to be complete the second half of this year - I'm wondering if anyone can help with the following questions - some of them are a but early to ask contractors directly:
    1. Michael Cox Furniture - How have people found them in terms of quality of kitchens/wardrobes and how are they to deal with if you're looking for changes to be made to the standard kitchens? (Feel free to DM me if more appropriate).
    2. Underfloor heating - has any (more recently) asked about this? Is it possible and if so estimate costs?
    3. Extras - Besides the kitchen, wardrobes, tiling; is there anything to keep in mind that we might want to change/add more of/get rid of that isn't necessarily obvious i.e. someone previously mentioned extra sockets - something I wouldn't have thought of?

I know I'll have more questions - more so of opinions than anything which I might ask at a later stage!

Thanks a mill in advance

Hiya,

We are in a few months now and we are very happy with the houses and estate in general.

To answer your questions, we found Justin in Michael Cox very handy. They were flexible in terms of what you want, the only problem being the extras can be expensive very fast. We ended up going for standard kitchen but got a longer island, think that was around €350 extra. We also went to Murphy Stone for a quartz countertop, and Justin was able to liase with them for all measurements etc so the counter was in before we owned the house.

We didn't go for underfloor heating and to be honest I am glad we didn't, the house is roasting 24/7 with the pump set at 20 degrees around the clock.

In terms of extras we got the following: Power to the island, power for garden shed, back garden tap, extra cobble to the front, extra sockets, moved some radiators and we got some extra tiling. Builders were more than obliging for all of this too.

Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tonto213

Hiya,

We are in a few months now and we are very happy with the houses and estate in general.

To answer your questions, we found Justin in Michael Cox very handy. They were flexible in terms of what you want, the only problem being the extras can be expensive very fast. We ended up going for standard kitchen but got a longer island, think that was around €350 extra. We also went to Murphy Stone for a quartz countertop, and Justin was able to liase with them for all measurements etc so the counter was in before we owned the house.

We didn't go for underfloor heating and to be honest I am glad we didn't, the house is roasting 24/7 with the pump set at 20 degrees around the clock.

In terms of extras we got the following: Power to the island, power for garden shed, back garden tap, extra cobble to the front, extra sockets, moved some radiators and we got some extra tiling. Builders were more than obliging for all of this too.

Hope that helps!
    Hey

Thanks so much for the reply. Yeah to be honest if budget allowed us we'd want to change the kitchen completely. Likewise we would be looking at a quartz worktop but my main issue is (and I hope this makes sense) is that the worktops in the show homes are very skinny so great to know they're flexible.

Yeah I think underfloor heating is probably an unnecessary luxury but we'll see how we get on money wise.

Brill thanks for the extras details, it's much appreciated.

Any other input from anyone else is welcomed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Deminchen

Booked the remaining unit from previous phase, like to know wee bit more about:

The admin from Facebook page not accept my request, any idea?
    What extras would you guys would recommend?
    is anyone got the back garden paving as the front garden from the builder, if so the rough cost charged by the builder?

• Advertisement

Can't help on the admin front but I know there were issues with sales people joining the group, might be worth a PM to someone in the group.

We got extra cobble to front and it worked out at about €60 per sq.m from memory.

Where was the last remaining unit in phase 1?

Only extras I got are mentioned a few comments above, builders more than flexible though.

Advertisement