Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whitefield manor, Bettystown

Options
  • 21-11-2016 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi all,

We are looking to buy a new home in a new development Whitefield Manor Bettystown and looking for some local advise on the area/estate/neighbourhood etc. Any one has any experience?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Not from the estate myself but only around the corner. Haven't heard any bad reports. It's seems like a nice well to do estate. If you have kids you're elected as there's a lovely primary school only 1 Km down the road. Our kids went there and loved it. There's also a playschool 1.5 Km same direction. Secondary school in Laytown is 2.5 Km away and is also great. There is a bus stop right outside your estate for Drogheda/Laytown and you can catch the Matthews bus to Dublin here also. I think that estate has a lot going for it ! :)
    Love Bettystown myself and always use the beach for jogging.
    Exactly 5K to the jetty wall and back. Tescos for all your grocery needs and some nice pubs. I prefer Morans...lovely quaint little Irish pub in Mornington.
    I recommend it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 nick2020

Thank you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Bradz213

Anybody bought a property here?

I've recently put down a booking deposit on one.

Anybody make any interesting modifications to the build in regards to electrical/plumbing and kitchen area?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

I bought here a few years ago, lovely estate. Has a lot going for it! I don't live there anymore but I have no complaints about the area. Houses are well built. Facilities are all there in Bettystown, wonderful large beach 3 mins away, easy access to M1 for commutes to Dublin and the estate is nicely positioned for quick access to Drogheda too with all its amenities. Houses are great for professionals and families :)

Surprised there's not much activity in this thread. The houses seem to be selling quick but more activity on the Maydenhayes page.

• Advertisement

Anybody who purchased know if the houses are on schedule with the estimated completion date?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

I believe they are, they've sold out of 3 bed semi/end of terrace but I believe the new prices are being released for these units

End of terrace for sale there now: http://www.daft.ie/meath/houses-for-sale/bettystown/4-the-vale-whitefield-manor-bettystown-meath-1443760/

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Amidoman

Hi. Houses usually two months delayed. Ours was and a few friend's houses were too. Usual opinion. Houses are ok but built quickly and a stubborn builder tries to get away with snags. Just keep an eye on snags and stomp your foot when you have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Slanty

Amidoman wrote: »
    Hi. Houses usually two months delayed. Ours was and a few friend's houses were too. Usual opinion. Houses are ok but built quickly and a stubborn builder tries to get away with snags. Just keep an eye on snags and stomp your foot when you have to.

Totally agree. House 6 months delayed! Attitude from the builder was "well if you don't want it somebody else will".
    Don't get me wrong the houses are superb. Well built and the tradesmen on site are excellent just the whole process could have been made a lot less stressful.

Just wondering are the houses compatible for both gas and electric oven/hobs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Nicola Nugent

Were putting a deposit down on 3 bed mid terrace house but they have no show house. Would anyone be nice just to show me what the kitchen looks like or if you could send me a picture. It's a lot of money to spend without seen what your buying
    Thanks again
    Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Nicola Nugent

nick2020 wrote: »
    Hi all,

We are looking to buy a new home in a new development Whitefield Manor Bettystown and looking for some local advise on the area/estate/neighbourhood etc. Any one has any experience?

Thanks

Did you move into Whitefield Manor and if so do you know what the 3 bed mid terrace kitchens are like

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭into_the_wild

We are a couple early 30s looking to buy in balbriggan or bettystown. Both seem to have decent price options for new starter homes. Would anyone here give their opinion on the good and bad about the area in general?

Advertisement