Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Engine keeps losing power and cutting out

Options
  • 21-11-2016 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭

I have a 2010 mazda 3 1.6d and today it started to jerk when i accelerated. i went on a bit more and it was fine, then i came off a roundabout and it did same but this time i lost all power, engine was running but i couldn't accelerate and when i pulled in the engine shut off. I started it again and away it went. happened a few times. I managed to slowly limp it to work and will have to book it with the mechanics next door.
    Could this just be bad fuel. I only ever fill up and 2 petrol stations, and have been using them for years. It was topped up last week, about wed i think, but this issue only occurred today.
    Any ideas what it could be?
    Is it bad fuel, could i run a cleaner through the fuel system?
    Could it be fuel filter?
    Any ideas be appreciated
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,299 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

When was the fuel filter last changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭duffman3833

When was the fuel filter last changed?
    Im not 100% sure
    i was planning on changing it when i got car serviced last (Serviced with Mazda 8k ago) but dealer looking too much and i never got round to it after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭gavman1

Sure sounds like a fuel starvation issue.any lights on in the dash?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭jelutong

Suction control valve ?

I got the fuel filter replaced over weekend and since then car is fine, so it could have been bad fuel messing up the filter or it was never changed on that car. It never gave any warning lights when the issue was occurring. Anyway seems to be ok now, gave her a good run over weekend.
    cheers for comments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

Those filters have a scheduled change every 37k miles/60kkm (every 3rd service)

mullingar wrote: »
    Those filters have a scheduled change every 37k miles/60kkm (every 3rd service)

probably never changed, its got 108km on the clock

Advertisement