Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eleaf Istick 20w safety

• 21-11-2016 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Just bought an Eleaf Istick 20w today and was just wondering how safe are these battery wise? Also, what precautionary measures are to be taken? Don't want it blowing up on me!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭dball

my advice would be dont leave charging unattended.
    be gentle using the micro usb connection -

Safe vaping!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Just bought an Eleaf Istick 20w today and was just wondering how safe are these battery wise? Also, what precautionary measures are to be taken? Don't want it blowing up on me!

They have a very soft 510 threading,so be gentle when screwing your atty's on & off,also be very careful when plugging the micro usb in,don't force it,the charging port is not very strong,I bought 6 of these 2 or 3 years ago & I still have 4 of them working away.The ones that died,one stripped the 510 threads & the other pushed the charging port into the body,tried to fix but no good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

I have one 2 years now. Still working though the threads stripped on the connector and I had to replace the 510 connection. Which was easy enough. The charging port is easy to break so straight in and straight out, don't wiggle it around!
    Other than that the board keeps thing safe for use, it could out after 10 seconds, won't fire if the atty is too low resistance and stops firing once the battery gets low.
    Usual warning about charging unattended apples as it does to any rechargeable device, phone, tablet or flashlight. Idealy, of course we all do this but telling the truth, I've charged stuff on the bedside locker while I sleep, not the best practise I'll admit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

They're a great basic mod. I still have two which I use from time to time. A mate of mine has a couple and it's all he uses for the last couple of years. Ditto, on what's been said re: 510 connector and charging port.

Advertisement