Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with light fitting

Options
  • 21-11-2016 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,954 ✭✭✭

My mum has the below pictured halogen spotlight fittings installed in the living room but they have never stayed in place well. It's as though the hole they fit into is too big for them. She was hoping to change them but realise now that getting a new fitting might be difficult given the big holes in the ceiling!
    Is there anything that can be done in this situation to remove them and replace them for something else?
    Do I need to find a fitting with a very wide attachment to the ceiling to cover the holes or is there another solution I haven't considered?

If I have to stick them back up somehow does anyone know if halogen bulbs can be replaced with LED bulbs in this sort of fitting?

Any ideas very gratefully received.

ZzbIKQ2.jpg

Comments

Advertisement