Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request timed out

Options
  • 21-11-2016 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've been having issues with my connection since Friday evening. I can ping rte.ie and boards.ie but I'll get request timed out every second ping or so and websites have to be reloaded several times before they'll load properly (all websites are affected).  It was fine Sunday evening and this morning but it has just crapped out again in the past hour or so. Is there a known issue or problem going on at the moment?

I've reset my router, changed my dns and it made no difference. I've included a screenshot to show what I mean.

Edit: as of 8pm it's back to normal. There must be something going on as it's been on and off all weekend.

2nd edit: 11pm and it's dropping again. 3 hours without problems and suddenly everything is gone downhill.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi,
    I've been having issues with my connection since Friday evening. I can ping rte.ie and boards.ie but I'll get request timed out every second ping or so and websites have to be reloaded several times before they'll load properly (all websites are affected).  It was fine Sunday evening and this morning but it has just crapped out again in the past hour or so. Is there a known issue or problem going on at the moment?

I've reset my router, changed my dns and it made no difference. I've included a screenshot to show what I mean.

Edit: as of 8pm it's back to normal. There must be something going on as it's been on and off all weekend.

2nd edit: 11pm and it's dropping again. 3 hours without problems and suddenly everything is gone downhill.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]HellboundIRL,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your connection. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I would recommend contacting the technical team when you are experiencing this issue & troubleshooting this as they can sync with your connection to identify the route of the problem. You can contact them on 1890260260 or Freephone 1901 option 2. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Twelve Bar Blues

Why is there an option for 'Technical' in query categories when posting on the Eir forum, but when you post a technical query you're advised to contact by phone?
    It makes as much sense as having a Tech Support option on the IVR, followed by a message saying 'we'd recommend that you contact technical support by email'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Why is there an option for 'Technical' in query categories when posting on the Eir forum, but when you post a technical query you're advised to contact by phone?
    It makes as much sense as having a Tech Support option on the IVR,  followed by a message saying 'we'd recommend that you contact technical support by email'.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]There is an option for broadband [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Twelve Bar Blues [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]as there are broadband queries we can assist with & we will do all we can to assist the customer with this on the community. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]In some cases however direct troubleshooting is needed with the technical support team to identify the issue the customer is experiencing and these customers would need to call the technical team directly to complete troubleshooting steps. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

Advertisement