Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Payout dispute with PP

• 21-11-2016 5:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭

I fancied the ManU-Ars Draw on Saturday so checked Oddschecker on Thursday evening and saw that PP had the best price @ 12/5. I went to my local PP and wrote out my docket for €50. I checked the price on the screen while in there and (sure enough!) the draw was priced at 12/5. I wrote this price on the docket. The bet was placed at exactly 20.30 on 17/11/16.

Went in today to collect my winnings and was offered €155. When I queried the payout I was told that 21/10 was the price when I placed the bet. I said this was wrong and the cashier eventually rang Paddy Tower to be told that 21/10 was the price.

I know for absolutely certain that 12/5 was the price when the bet was placed but is there anything I can do now? Any way to avoid being cheated out of €15? I still have the docket.

Any help/advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

byronbay2 wrote: »
    I fancied the ManU-Ars Draw on Saturday so checked Oddschecker on Thursday evening and saw that PP had the best price @ 12/5. I went to my local PP and wrote out my docket for €50. I checked the price on the screen while in there and (sure enough!) the draw was priced at 12/5. I wrote this price on the docket. The bet was placed at exactly 20.30 on 17/11/16.

Went in today to collect my winnings and was offered €155. When I queried the payout I was told that 21/10 was the price when I placed the bet. I said this was wrong and the cashier eventually rang Paddy Tower to be told that 21/10 was the price.

I know for absolutely certain that 12/5 was the price when the bet was placed but is there anything I can do now? Any way to avoid being cheated out of €15? I still have the docket.

Any help/advice appreciated.

If you had the 12-5 price on the docket I can't see why they don't pay out but then again with the T&C's that bookies have you waould need a team of barristers to go through it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

I'm always super-careful to check and double-check the price before I place a bet. I have never had a problem like this in PP before and I bet in there quite regularly. Now, if it was Ladbrokes .......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Arrow in the Knee

I've been caught out like this before with Paddy Power with soccer bets.
    Expecting to get paid out at 13/5 and only getting 5/2.

A few Paddy Power shops have these new 'soccer screen' similar to the 'horse racing screen' which look like the odds are updated quicker.
    In Boylesport shops the odds are the same as the odds online.

Paddy Power seem to be pushing these BGT machines more and more in their shops and the shop assistants don't even want the hassle of translating soccer bets unless its on a coupon IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

To be honest I find pp are doing this a lot lately . Like u go in check price on their screen and take it . And then go to collect and found your left short . U then explain you took price of their screen in shop at time of bet to be told price was different in thier system . And I say this has happened 10 or so times in last year . It's amazing you ne er go to collect and get more than u are expecting due to price going the other way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Division

You can also ask the cashier to either check the odds or write the odds on the docket when making your bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

Bet online you avoid this sort of he said she said hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭budgemook

Happened me before. I emailed support and they told me to go back to the shop where my missing money was waiting.

Have you contacted support?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Ye if in a shop I will get the bookmaker to get the price and write it on the docket.

I don't know if all bookies are the same I filled out a coupon last Saturday a 5 team accum and I was told there were 5 price changes I told her to go ahead anyway.

When I looked all 5 had shortened in price its like they draw you in with a bigger price on a coupon and shorten it then.

I usually do bets online so this may have been a one off.

Division wrote: »
    You can also ask the cashier to either check the odds or write the odds on the docket when making your bet.

Yeah, I do that when taking a price on a horse but didn't think I would need to do it in this situation.
    Bet online you avoid this sort of he said she said hassle

PP online account was restricted years ago. I should probably check it again, just in case they have let me off the leash. In fairness, 90% of my bets are done on the exchanges. Never have a problem there!
    budgemook wrote: »
    Happened me before. I emailed support and they told me to go back to the shop where my missing money was waiting.

Have you contacted support?

I went on Live Chat yesterday but it was a complete waste of time. Will try the 1800 number today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

byronbay2 wrote: »
    Yeah, I do that when taking a price on a horse but didn't think I would need to do it in this situation.

PP online account was restricted years ago. I should probably check it again, just in case they have let me off the leash. In fairness, 90% of my bets are done on the exchanges. Never have a problem there!

I went on Live Chat yesterday but it was a complete waste of time. Will try the 1800 number today.

Careful with their 1800 number. They are an awful sensitive bunch of ****ers that work on that thing.

• Advertisement

Update: Rang the 1800 number and things seem to be moving! I have been transferred to the Retail Help Desk and PP have put a crack team of their TOP TOP people on the case. I will be contacted in due course with a definitive verdict. Fingers crossed!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

A few Paddy Power shops have these new 'soccer screen' similar to the 'horse racing screen' which look like the odds are updated quicker.
    In Boylesport shops the odds are the same as the odds online.

Paddy Power seem to be pushing these BGT machines more and more in their shops and the shop assistants don't even want the hassle of translating soccer bets unless its on a coupon IMO.

Not sure if you are talking about the same thing here?
    BGT machines in Irish shops are run by an independent company and the football odds are the exact same odds whether you go into Boyles, Lads or PP.
    They are not the same as the odds in the shops and 95% of the time, the odds are lower so I'm not sure why anybody would use them apart from laziness or ease of use.

Racing is the same odds as the shop prices in PP but not in Boyles or Lads.
    €15
    I'd be astonished if they didn't give you the €15.

I always take a picture on my phone of the price if I have a bet nowadays and also some record of the time (i.e. a dog race with the time on it) to show them in case of any problems later on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I don't know if all bookies are the same I filled out a coupon last Saturday a 5 team accum and I was told there were 5 price changes I told her to go ahead anyway.

Coupons are done at the start of the week and because the bookies don't reprint them often enough, I'd guess due to the cost, the prices would change a good bit, especially when the teams are announced.
    Some bookies hold their coupon prices though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

Like ya don't mind price changes . That would be OK if an odd time u went to collect a bet and you get more than your expecting .but that has never happened at least to me anyway .,it's always that team shortened so ya get less . A pure scam if u ask me . Just imagine if paddy powers saved 20 euro on every football accum around the 3 or 4 hundred mark how much does that save them in a year ? Millions is the answer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Division

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Coupons are done at the start of the week and because the bookies don't reprint them often enough, I'd guess due to the cost, the prices would change a good bit, especially when the teams are announced.
    Some bookies hold their coupon prices though.

Which bookies hold their coupon prices?

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

For me it's not just coupons.
    Paddy Power & Ladbrokes have done so in the past but guess it would depend on the shop and if you're known there or not.
    I've had bets taken at coupon prices when I've "known" the price(s) have moved but is a pain to find them worth doing.
    Obviously I would guess if you tried to have €500 on a single that has moved a lot, you might have a problem but sticking them in a Double/Treble seems to work.
    PSG tonight good example, they were 12/5 last night, now backed down to 2.86 on Betfair, you may be able to find some still quoting last night's price.

All's well that ends well! :D:D

Got an email from PP this morning saying I was wrong (I wasn't!) but if I went into the original shop they would discuss it with me. Went in at lunchtime, was asked a few questions (they implied I had taken the price from a coupon - I hadn't!) and was given my full, correct payout. Happy enough with that but would have liked an apology and an admission that it was their error.

Advertisement