Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it to late to order from aliexpress?

• 21-11-2016 5:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭

Hey i haven't used aliexpress before but was looking through it for a few bits today. Is it to late to order anything being delivered from mainland china and expect it to be here in time for christmas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

gufc21 wrote: »
    Hey i haven't used aliexpress before but was looking through it for a few bits today. Is it to late to order anything being delivered from mainland china and expect it to be here in time for christmas?

Yes it will be too late unless you want to pay extra for faster postage, delivery to UK (Pacer Wizard or Parcel Motel) is normally faster than Ireland, you might get it onltime, with PM depending on your motel location it can take a few days.

Remember if the item is €25-€30 you might have to pay customs, but do not use Parcel Wizard/Motel as they will reject it if they are looking for payment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Given how slow post from china has been recently you are about 2 weeks too late.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 161 ✭✭OCEANIC FIZZY POP NINE

I ordered a rake of stuff off them the 1st and no sign yet and they had their 11/11 sale in between that with near 18Billion in sales that day so huge backlog, so I'd say not a hope of you getting anything ordered now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Stuff I ordered on October 1st - 5th are only beginning to arrive now. 1 package on Friday and another today. Definitely too late.

Oat23 wrote: »
    Stuff I ordered on October 1st - 5th are only beginning to arrive now. 1 package on Friday and another today. Definitely too late.
    Jaysus, Oct 1st only now? I thought I was clever doing it Nov1st. Even mine might not make it at that rate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Oat23 wrote: »

****, didnt realize it was that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MrDiyFan

Deliveries are taking a lot longer atm.
    I have stuff arriving now from about the 8th October

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Jaysus, Oct 1st only now? I thought I was clever doing it Nov1st. Even mine might not make it at that rate!
    ED E wrote: »
    ****, didnt realize it was that bad.

It looks like it is all over the place. I've had those 2 packages arrive after around 50 days and the clock is still ticking on another 2 I ordered around the same time. But oddly I had one arrive today that shipped out on the 17th of October. They all used the same shipping (china small pack) and were shipped from Shenzhen.

My new handset is coming through SG but the b@stards have only printed the label so far. Gonna be middle of January at this rate.

OK speak of the devil, first thing arrived today, so 22/23 days for that one.

I never ordered toys off them before, got one of those planes from the planes cartoons. I forget exactly prices, will check when on computer but I think it was a third of the price and looking at it here its identical.

Still say it's to late for you though OP cuz of the 11/11 sale, backlog/xmas shut down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Oat23 wrote:
    It looks like it is all over the place. I've had those 2 packages arrive after around 50 days and the clock is still ticking on another 2 I ordered around the same time. But oddly I had one arrive today that shipped out on the 17th of October. They all used the same shipping (china small pack) and were shipped from Shenzhen.

I ordered something Mid September. It was posted the next day and arrived yesterday. It took so long I honestly forgot I had ordered it.

Update:

20th Given to Singapore Post
    22nd Left Singapore
    25th 3AM arrived Royal Mail

Not so bad after all :)

ED E wrote: »
    Update:

20th Given to Singapore Post
    22nd Left Singapore
    25th 3AM arrived Royal Mail

Not so bad after all :)

Most stuff from aliexpress goes through china post though. But even with that you have done very well to get it so fast. what service was used?

Most stuff from aliexpress goes through china post though. But even with that you have done very well to get it so fast. what service was used?

Just regular tracked airmail. Seller listed as HK so they might route through SG to avoid delays.

I've 4x items en route from ChinaPost dispatched about the same time so will be able to "benchmark" the two when they start to land.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

17track have a good analysis of the different services. October delay is evident.

http://www.17track.net/en/ourdata/country2country?cm=301&cc=905

17track have a good analysis of the different services. October delay is evident.

http://www.17track.net/en/ourdata/country2country?cm=301&cc=905

I never even knew 17Track could do that. The results match my own experience of china post this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

I never even knew 17Track could do that. The results match my own experience of china post this year.

Yes it's an excellent resource.

+1 never saw that feature, usually use aftership. Sound for the link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Item shipped 28/10 with Singapore post arrived today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Slunk wrote: »
    Item shipped 28/10 with Singapore post arrived today

LOL. Mine shipped on the 08.10 with China Post (a dubious quality wallet) and arrived today. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement