Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit union car loan

• 21-11-2016 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi I want to apply for a loan from a credit union and it will my first time loan as I am applying for a car loan and pay 35 weekly on savings and have been with this credit union for over 8 months . Any advice on how much can get. Or evening advice would be grateful.
    Thanls

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭Spocker

Willcauley wrote: »
    Hi I want to apply for a loan from a credit union and it will my first time loan as I am applying for a car loan and pay 35 weekly on savings and have been with this credit union for over 8 months . Any advice on how much can get. Or evening advice would be grateful.
    Thanls

No one here can really tell you, without further information - how much is in your shares, your earning capacity, debt-to-income ratio, etc.

Have a look at the information here: http://www.creditunion.ie/car-loans/
    and perhaps try a CU website that has a loan calculator, such as this one: http://www.dundrumcu.ie/loan-calculator/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Willcauley

In my savings is 25 shares income of 342 family income

• Moderators Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭Spocker

Best bet it to drop into the credit union and have chat with them

• Administrators Posts: 14,263 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Each credit union will have their own criteria and conditions. I know my credit union, your first loan could only be 2 and a half times your savings. After that you could borrow whatever they were happy to give you.

My first loan was about 15 years ago though, so things might have changed a lot since then!

Advertisement