Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help!! Neighbour keeps blocking us in with her car

• 21-11-2016 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

I have long moved out of my Mothers, I remember app 4/5 years ago pwhen I had my first car the neighbour blocked me in 2 times and each time I asked her to move her car ( which she did shortly after requesting ), I was working in Parkwest and was using a Company vehicle and dropped into my Mothers for lunch before going on a call. I arrived at app 1.05pm and at 1.15pm the Neighbours Husband blocr:mad:ked me in. I had been knocking at the door for 30 mins from 1.30pm to 2pm with no answer and had to call my Boss to explain that I was blocked in!! He was not happy and Fs and Qs with a lot of Bs where said...... I then called Gardai who arrived at 2.35pm and had the car almost towed before the neighbour came out. The Gardai took no excuses as they had also banged on the door for 15/20 mins and issued a fine and stern warning.

My Youngest Brother had the same issue 2 years ago which also resulted in the neighbour getting fined for blocking him in.

Then today I get a call from my Sister who has not moved her car for 24hrs. They are currently waiting on Gardai to call to the house as they refuse to answer the door and move the car so that my Sister can go out to the Valley Shopping.

If anyone can give me some advice I would be very appreciative as this is getting worse. The Neighbour and her Husband have absolutely no reason to keep blocking anyone of my family in.

The Cul de Sac has no numbers on the parking Spaces and out of the 7 houses their are 6 houses currently driving that use 6 of the 9 spaces with the neighbour, The next door neighbour and my family both driving 2 cars.

If I drove up now and all the spaces were full I would park over near the wall that could easily accomadate 2 cars more.

My Sister said the Neigbours husband came home so his wife came out and moved her carousel so he could park in the wife's spot before she parked directly in front of my Sister bumper to bumper!! When their was a free spot next to my sisters car.

This is harassment or some form of psychological warfare, Their is also 2 free spaces where my mam parks as the parking is like an L

1 64
    -
    2 Sis
    -
    3 63
    -
    4. 63 M. 62 60 60 59
    | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 |

The Woman from from 64 has parked in spot 3 where the Neighbour husband usually parks... So spot 1 is free why not use it? Instead of blocking my sister in

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Does anyone actually own a space?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭reddevilfan

Nobody owns any space it's a public road with markings for parking 1 vehicle in each space

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Could you not block them in to give them a taste of there own medicine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Cripes, some people are just morons. If it were me I'd be inclined to borrow the father's John Deere and drag it out of the way. Sod the consequences*. I'd enjoy that very much.

*This is probably a bad idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

Get guards involved as often as is necessary.

These are unreasonable people that don't understand how public parking works. A couple of fines and tow charges will help them understand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Keyboard warriorring aside, jeep and a tow rope and it would be out of the way. Not sure how you would be prosecuted for providing access to your own property.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Could you not block them in to give them a taste of there own medicine.

Don't do that either or they will call AGS on you.

Just keep calling AGS. I'm sure they will get sick of it and inflict some serious damage on these Muppets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭goochy

If it's the same person all the time and they are not rough people just rude. Brake fluid !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Don't do that either or they will call AGS on you.

Just keep calling AGS. I'm sure they will get sick of it and inflict some serious damage on these Muppets.

And make a note of the Gardas names and date that they call out and tell each Garda so they treat it as an ongoing issue

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

It's an offence categorised as dangerous parking. Call non emergency number for the Gardai, (after trying the owners obviously) and the Gardai will contact registered owner, followed by calling a tow truck at owners expense. They'll also get a fine.
    Rinse and repeat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

just to ask, are the neighbours parking improperly (as in, could they actually park in the space fully without blocking you in ?

or is the design poor and somebody has to be blocked by the nature of the space ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Would love to see a diagram/map. smile.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is there anything to be said for another mass?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Greenman wrote: »
    Would love to see a diagram/map. smile.png

Would love to see a pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Ginger83

There's only 2 things people understand when it comes to parking, cost and inconvience.

Keep having them fined or their car towed.

What is their response / excuse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Is there a car the other side of the neighbours car? Gently close the gap and then shove their car back far enough to comfortably drive out. Bonus points for leaving it blocking the road and getting them fined.

You'd be surprised how easily a car will push another.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭wotswattage

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/1994/act/2/section/9/enacted/en/html#zza2y1994s9
    Wilful obstruction.
    9.—Any person who, without lawful authority or reasonable excuse, wilfully prevents or interrupts the free passage of any person or vehicle in any public place shall be liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding £200.

I'm sure there is an updated version with the fines in euro, but I'm not able to find it.. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can!

Strange that the Guards have been before, issued fines and they are still doing it?!? Or are we all missing some information?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I think there is indeed missing information. No one gets multiple visits and fines from Gardai and pays them like its pocket change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

What's the back story here op?? Did you object to their planing permission or something??
    Do you have deadly cars, are they jealous of your good looks??!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

There has to be more than this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

There has to be more than this?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭HJL

Maybe they all drive Lexus IS250 and neighbors want to get close to the badge to see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Is her name Doris? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭StiffOldMan

Tell us whats really going on!! What did you do to them :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

Tell us whats really going on!! What did you do to them :confused:

almost certainly what they have done is park in a space that these people wrongly beleive they own. They are on every street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Isambard wrote: »
    almost certainly what they have done is park in a space that these people wrongly beleive they own. They are on every street.

Yep, I've done that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Isambard wrote: »

Do they give an explanation when confronted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Anyone who blocks a car from entering or exiting is a total self obsessed moron.

If the shoe was on the other foot, I wonder how they would feel?

That kind of think really grinds my gears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

Surely if the cops are being called continuously and fines are being issued they would be done for harassment of some type?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭thegodlife

It's a difficult thing to deal with and would advise you to keep it legal and call cops each time. They will soon get known by the gardai who will eventually get so fed up will fine them constantly.

Although a friend experience similar with his back gate which he used daily as he worked from him. His solution was pour a tin of paint of the car and it never happened again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I suppose we have to remember that the majority of people are grand and would NEVER do this.

Not nice when it happens to you though.

Unthinking entitled scumbags comes to mind. But there we are..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,462 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Neighbour must be parking mad to continue with this way of acting.

Would he fall for a banana in the tail pipe ?

Why not park in such a way that he cannot block you in .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭GreenFolder2

You'll just have to keep calling the local Garda station.

Might also be worth calling a solicitor as you may have scope for civil action too.

Advertisement