Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Win 10 mini PC based HTPC

• 21-11-2016 7:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've a couple of Minix X8 Android based media boxes and they are rock solid but I'd like to switch to a Win 10 setup for Netflix, Kodi (including streaming from a NAS) and some other Chrome browser based content streaming and was thinking of purchasing the Minix Neo Z64 Win 10 mini PC for £120.

Minix-Z641479753484.jpg

Where I'd be using it I'd have to rely on WiFi (can't run a cable and powerline adapters don't work in my house) so a strong WiFi ariel is important and the Minix X8 I currently have in that location receives a great signal hence my preference for a Minix Win 10 device rather than a traditional mini PC like the Intel NUC or similar but only if they are good overall devices.

Anyone got any experience of the Minix Z64 Win 10 box?

This is a similar but more powerful 64 bit box with 128gb SSD for £200 which might make more sense long term.

Beelink1479754110.jpg

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Hi,

Did you buy either?

Considering the Minix Z83 currently and wanted peoples thoughts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭54and56

eoferrall wrote: »
    Hi,

Did you buy either?

Considering the Minix Z83 currently and wanted peoples thoughts.

No, the project got temporarily shelved as the IP service I subscribe to actually works better on Android than it does on Windows. The app which facilitates the service on Android works seamlessly and is very easy to use whereas the Windows application is difficult enough to set up and a bit clunky to use.

Having a windows box on one TV and an Android (Minix) box on the other TV seems to be working out ok for the minute and I think the options provided by both outweigh the benefit of consolidating onto a single platform and set of apps for now at least.

Advertisement