Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotels

Options
  • 21-11-2016 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

Quick question guys
    I'm heading to Galway in February and staying in the Harbour hotel. How close would that be to the G? Been to Galway a few times but not too familiar personally with these places. Could I walk it?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

nkav86 wrote: »
    Quick question guys
    I'm heading to Galway in February and staying in the Harbour hotel. How close would that be to the G? Been to Galway a few times but not too familiar personally with these places. Could I walk it?
    Thanks!
    It's only a short walk down lough Atalia maybe a mile so less than 20 minutes if you don't take ithis easy

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Clear_The_Decks

Hi it would be a fair walk to the G. taxi would be much quicker and i wouldn't imagine it would cost much . your looking at at least a half hour walk in my estimation.

on a separate note i stayed in the harbour hotel in the summer and it was fabulous. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

You could, but I'd say its at least 20mins of a brisk walk. There's a few bus routes that go past the G, e.g. the 402/404. Maybe some others too.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

Excellent, thanks guys! Might be a stroll but I don't have the greatest sense of direction so ya never know! Good to know its not too far though

on a separate note i stayed in the harbour hotel in the summer and it was fabulous. Enjoy!

Thanks for this too, good to know I picked a decent one. Not too well versed on this kinda thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

The walk takes me 25 minutes.

If you're walking back at night then don't take the short cut behind the huntsman. The main road is safer.

Buses 402 merlin park, 404 oranmore, and 409 stop right at the door of the G.

If you're walking back at night then don't take the short cut behind the huntsman. The main road is safer.

Good shout thanks Mrs O! That'll definitely be a taxi job

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ggg16

It's not a long walk but please don't do it at night. It's only 20 minutes.

ggg16 wrote:
    It's not a long walk but please don't do it at night. It's only 20 minutes.

Think night will be a taxi, I'm not great with finding my way at the best of times

Advertisement