Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UE Boom

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Jasus just aswell I ordered it last night before I went to sleep. I was torn between the full echo or the echo dot and the boom, hope i've made the right choice

You made the right choice.

I find the Dot needs to be in a position where its best to pick up voice commands, whereas the speaker needs to be in the best position for your sound in the room.

With the Echo you cannot separate both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Just got a boom2 for £66 used-like new :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

givecredit wrote: »
    You made the right choice.

I find the Dot needs to be in a position where its best to pick up voice commands, whereas the speaker needs to be in the best position for your sound in the room.

With the Echo you cannot separate both.

Yeah glad I went with the boom now, being able to use the speaker in the garden during the summer sold it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭fourinarow

I just pulled the trigger 😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

UE Boom or JBL flip 3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

tonic wine wrote: »
    UE Boom or JBL flip 3?

I have the JBL Charge 3 which is supposed to equal or better the UE Boom 2, but I don't think the Flip is up to the level of either based on the reviews I saw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Soarer

Megaboom arrived this morning, with the expected delivery date of next Tuesday!

Probably gets away with the "as new" tag. Apparently there's supposed to be some sort of hook thing that should've come with it so you can hang it from something. Can't put my hand on it though.

For £99, I'm delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Soarer wrote: »
    Megaboom arrived this morning, with the expected delivery date of next Tuesday!

Probably gets away with the "as new" tag. Apparently there's supposed to be some sort of hook thing that should've come with it so you can hang it from something. Can't put my hand on it though.

For £99, I'm delighted.

Yes, I got 2 of the Blue Megaboom last week at the £99 mark. They arrived on wednesday with amazon prime. Serious sound. Make sure to upgrade the firmware in speakers via the megaboom app on your smart phone.

Enjoy!

Just contacted customer service there and they're giving me a 10% refund because the little hook thing that I was never gonna use, was missing!

So £90 all in. Chuffed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Splashed out a got the JBL Xtreme and my god, the sound!!! Well worth the extra cash if you've got it

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

Got my UE Boom today from Amazon warehouse. Works fine but defo has signs of use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Slipshaney wrote: »
    Got my UE Boom today from Amazon warehouse. Works fine but defo has signs of use.

Mine was still sealed in its box. Even the box was pristine!

You got lucky!
    Mine was still sealed in its box. Even the box was pristine!

Send it back if you're not happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Soarer wrote: »
    Send it back if you're not happy.

Hmm you have to pay for returns nowadays... not as easy as it used to be.

Best thing is to contact them via chat and they'll refund you 25-50%, or maybe even refund 100%. Never know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭gymnipities

mrcheez wrote: »
    Hmm you have to pay for returns nowadays... not as easy as it used to be.

Best thing is to contact them via chat and they'll refund you 25-50%, or maybe even refund 100%. Never know.

Good luck with that. I bought a phone 'like new', which was only slightly cheaper than a new one, listed as from Amazon. What I got had obviously been heavily used over a long period. Scratched to bits in places. All the accessories missing.

In the meantime the price of the new one had dropped to £15 less than my 'like new' one so I asked for an exchange. Best they would offer me, after going around in circles with clueless customer service for days, was 20% off the phone they'd sent me (75% would have been more like it) or a refund if I sent it back.

i might be out of luck so - theres nothing wrong with the thing, it works fine, but it has a fair bit of wear and tear, whereas I see others here got their sealed in a box!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭degsie

i might be out of luck so - theres nothing wrong with the thing, it works fine, but it has a fair bit of wear and tear, whereas I see others here got their sealed in a box!

Mine was the same, including the beach sand in the box! Works fine though.

lol! i didnt get any beach sand!
    degsie wrote: »
    Mine was the same, including the beach sand in the box! Works fine though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭gaffmaster

I returned one because I wasn't impressed with the sound. This was after I ordered an Anker A3143 for comparison and much preferred it.

The UE had been used, but was in perfect condition. With all the love for the Boom on here, I wonder if I got a dud. It just sounded quite dull.

• Advertisement

You defo got a dud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭xabi

These are 119 in currys

And the megaboom is €250!

£90 delivered makes me feel smug.

Advertisement