Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do Braxton Hicks feel like?

Options
  • 21-11-2016 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Currently 36+1 with first baby. Don't think I've had any braxton hicks yet but think I might have them slightly this evening. From other people's experience what do they feel like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

For me its a tightening of the uterus and the bump feels hard to touch for a little while. Not painful but can be uncomfortable.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Most of the time I got them it was a tight feeling and the bump would go really hard. As I got nearer due date I found they often had a bit of a crampy period feeling too.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭StarBright01

Thanks guys have that really dull barely noticeable period cramps feeling alright and bump feels tight. Wouldn't say I'm in pain by any means but it's "new".

seems to be common enough alright by Dr Google although since I'm only 36+1 hoping little one will stay put for another bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Mr. Merkin calls them Branston Pickles :) I don't really get any discomfort either, my bump just goes rock hard. Had some yesterday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

I am 39 + 3 and i don't think I had even one BH yet. I have had a bit of periods type aches but to be honest I think this was radiating from my sore back or sore hips. I hope they don't start now anyway coz I'm just ready for he real thing!

• Advertisement
Advertisement