Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Doblo

• 21-11-2016 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi my engine recently overheated on my fiat doblo 1.9 d 04 the temperature needle went right up to F max and red light came on,I had never had this happen I bought van in May 2016 it needed a lot of work done mostly outside the engine but inside engine was timing belt fan belt and water and fuel pump than everything fine until earlier this month wen I noticed temperature needle went right up to the max with the red light on and blowing coldish air I noticed water and coolant gone out of expansion tank and than I just topped up with more coolant it got me home but I brought it to my mechanic and wen he checked it with engine running he noticed coolant gushing from side of expansion tank he replaced tank with brand new one but rang me two days later to say my head gasket is gone I had head gasket replaced and was fine for most of next day but that night drive on motorway at 100 km per hour I noticed needle go right up to the max with the red light on again and blowing cold air again and lots of white smoke from exhaust at idle can u I rang mechanic and he said bring it to him to have a look but has anyone experienced this problem before as I have already paid for gasket replaced and it was expensive thanks pratcha90

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Water pouring from the expansion bottle is an odd one. Is he sure it wasn't the overflow? That could happen if the system was very hot and under pressure.

The fact that it happened the second time suggests that your mechanic didn't fix the source of the leak and you're back where you started. I'd definitely be taking the car back to him and asking some tough questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Pratcha90

Tropheus wrote: »
    Water pouring from the expansion bottle is an odd one. Is he sure it wasn't the overflow? That could happen if the system was very hot and under pressure.

The fact that it happened the second time suggests that your mechanic didn't fix the source of the leak and you're back where you started. I'd definitely be taking the car back to him and asking some tough questions.

Hi tropheus thanks for response,I was with the mechanic wen he noticed coolant gushing from side of expansion tank I saw it myself he replaced the expansion tank a brand new one and than rang me next day say that the head gasket was gone due to damage from driving with no coolant in system he replaced head gasket with price of €500 Labour and parts but I am back to square one I rang him and he came and tested it by bleeding system/ radiator etc and done a chemical test which liquid stayed blue but he said presssure was still way to high his opinion was that there maybe a crack inside the head itself but should he not have had this checked wen he brought head to be skimmed in first case wen he was replacing head gasket

Advertisement