Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or is this the most boring show on tv now?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Effects wrote: »
    I'd imagine Andrew Lincoln must be getting pretty bored at this stage. Surely he wants to move on and capitalise on the exposure the show has given him.

Well, he certainly cant seem to capitalise on TWD. He earns about 90,000 USD per episode, whereas the cast of The Big Bang earn more than 1 million USD per episode, each. GoT stars make over half a million USD per episode. And other big leads in series make significantly more than Lincoln does.

Either hes not a very good negotiator, or the exposure isnt really translating into actual offers because he is earning very low for the leading star man of a highly rated TV show. Or maybe he just loves doing the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Lincoln could potentially be at the height of his career now. How many leading men and women have we seen completely disappear into oblivion after a highly rated TV show ended?

Bar Jenifer Anniston the rest of the main cast of Friends had patchy careers at best once it ended.
    Wentworth Miller disappeared once Prison Break ended and has only resurrected now they are flogging that horse again.
    The cast of the Big Bang (with the possible exception of Kaley Cuoco on 8 simple rules) were peripheral actors before they hit it lucky with TBBT. Its highly likely they`ll return to mediocrity and bit parts in TV and film once its ended.

A similar fate is likely for the majority of TWD cast.

edit: just saw Johnny Galecki (Leonard Hofstadter on TBBT get 27Million dollars a year!). Lincoln seriously needs a better agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Lincoln could potentially be at the height of his career now. How many leading men and women have we seen completely disappear into oblivion after a highly rated TV show ended?

Bar Jenifer Anniston the rest of the main cast of Friends had patchy careers at best once it ended.
    Wentworth Miller disappeared once Prison Break ended and has only resurrected now they are flogging that horse again.
    The cast of the Big Bang (with the possible exception of Kaley Cuoco on 8 simple rules) were peripheral actors before they hit it lucky with TBBT. Its highly likely they`ll return to mediocrity and bit parts in TV and film once its ended.

A similar fate is likely for the majority of TWD cast.

Look at Battlestar Galactica - I recall that being popular enough that the shows 'occupation' story arc made mainstream media as being an important reflection of contemporary Iraq. The cast seem to have vanished since the show ended.

Katee Sackhoff in particular I thought would be bound for bigger and better things. She actually does make a ton of money, but most of it is from being a very smart investor, property, restaurants, product endorsements etc. Not direct acting income.

I've seen the actor who played Shane pop up in a few things recently, but the rest of TWD cast who exited stage left aren't demonstrating that the show is a starmaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wentworth Miller popped up again on The Flash and Legends.
    BSG seems only the women did well from that with Katee in Longmire, Tricia Helfer in multiple guest appearances before doing Lucifer and Grace Park in Hawaii Five 0.

Shane from Walking Dead is The Punisher. What more would anyone want to do? :)

As for Andrew Lincoln, he's in a strong position on the show because of the comics. They seem to really want to stick close to the comics and he's the main character in the comics. In fact Kirkman said about the comics
    It's Rick's story and will end with him. Of course that was early on, so when he started making money, I'm sure he would keep it going if Rick died.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'm surprised he only makes 90k per episode. That's small money for what is one of the biggest shows on TV and a fraction of what actors get in other leading shows, some of which wouldn't even have the audiences of TWD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sure remember Walking Dead was getting its budget cut every season despite having the highest numbers, then you had another AMC show, Mad Men give its cast raises.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Sand wrote: »
    Katee Sackhoff in particular I thought would be bound for bigger and better things. She actually does make a ton of money, but most of it is from being a very smart investor, property, restaurants, product endorsements etc. Not direct acting income.

Longmire. Its on to its fifth season. Its not bad too.

Advertisement