Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payroll software

Options
  • 21-11-2016 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

Would anyone in payroll know of a package that calculates the accrued annual leave rather than starting off with the annual entitlement and deducting what is taken?
    For example, company gives 22 days a year; weekly paid employee starts early may; mid august employee wants to know how many days holiday they have accrued. Software sees 22days per annum, number of weeks worked and says how many days due.
    Does this question make sense?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 LoveBrowsing

I've used a system called Softworks before, it's actually a time and attendance system that can feed into payroll, but it definitely works out holiday accrual

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

For.the moment I need the payroll software to do the work.
    I will get to T&A later, I will certainly look at Softworks though.
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 5 EasyAccounts1

Thesaurus payroll has that option. It will calculate the annual leave by reading the start date. This can be printed each month showing what is due and all you have to do is tell it when the employee is on hols and it will deduct it from the cumulative.
    Thesaurus is a really easy to use package.
    You could great an excel template that would do the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Here's a link to an Excel macro that might be able to help you.

http://trumpexcel.com/2015/03/excel-leave-tracker/

Thank you , I'll google thesaurus , it seems to be on the right track.
    I'll also have a look at the spreadsheet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Mr Clonfadda

Hi OP
    Sage Micropay will do this for you.

I am more than happy to talk to you about it if needs

Regards

Nigel

I will look at micropay too.
    Friday will be my day for investigating them.

I'll be in touch.
    Thank you all for replying

Hi,
    Thesaurus does holidays based on 8% of hours worked so I see the holiday hours accrued.
    It also uses those hours to calculate days, if you have told it how many hours you consider a day to be.
    Its other method is to accrue about .40 of a day for every week worked. I reckon then, if an employee gets paid anything in a week, the .4 day accrues.
    Also, the accrual can be reduced by entering in a specific section days where the employee hasn't shown up for work.this would have been used for sick leave before the law changed.

Micropay seems to do the same thing for days and the 8%, but I'm not sure if it can calculate the weekly accrual. For the monthly paid employees it has a third of a week per month option, which works out as 20 days annually.
    I can't get into a weekly demo to see if it works it out the same way for the weekly employees.
    Mr Clonfadda, would you know more about this, have more detail re weekly?
    The nice thing about micropay is that after 13 weeks have passed, its report writer will work out an average day and I won't have to keep a spreadsheet!

That's where I am at, so far:)

Holidays in Micropay work on the same principle no matter what frequency you use monthly, 4 weekly, fortnightly, bi-monthly and weekly. If you have moe specific question just ask.

I chose Micropay.
    For the holidays I use the third of a month basis.
    it accrues holidays weekly once the first month has passed.
    In other words it updates the entitlement each week, which is what I wanted.

The standard reports are marvellous, you can pull loads of stuff!

But does anyone know how to get Outlook to send all the payslips in one go instead of one at a time?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Rolo1117

I don't think you can, it's a security issue.

You can download a program called "click yes" and it will send them all out in one go.

Thank you, I'll try that next run

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Kewreeuss wrote: »
    I chose Micropay.
    For the holidays I use the third of a month basis.
    it accrues holidays weekly once the first month has passed.
    In other words it updates the entitlement each week, which is what I wanted.

The standard reports are marvellous, you can pull loads of stuff!

But does anyone know how to get Outlook to send all the payslips in one go instead of one at a time?
    Thanks

Thesaurus Payroll does this(sends out all payslips in one go)...one of the reasons why I chose it over Micropay. The other is the technical support, which I find excellent. (I have no connection to Thesaurus aside from being a customer)

I downloaded click yes, but it doesn't do anything.
    I can't figure out how it is supposed to work.
    I click on it and nothing happens.
    Are there any other programs that will hit send for me?
    what happens is that Micropay generates an email in outlook which has the payslip attached, and I have to hit send, over and over for each employee.
    Thesaurus seems to do it differently, their server sends out the payslips to the employee and sends me a copy, for me, in my inbox.
    Do all micropay users sit there hitting send, send, send, send, send, send?

I downloaded click yes, but it doesn't do anything.
    I can't figure out how it is supposed to work.
    I click on it and nothing happens.
    Are there any other programs that will hit send for me?
    what happens is that Micropay generates an email in outlook which has the payslip attached, and I have to hit send, over and over for each employee.
    Thesaurus seems to do it differently, their server sends out the payslips to the employee and sends me a copy, for me, in my inbox.
    Do all micropay users sit there hitting send, send, send, send, send, send?

Hi Kewreeuss

I use micropay and process payrolls for 500+ EE's. I use click yes, what I do is, I go into micropay and start the process of emailing payslips and when it says allow or whatever it says you click it but just for the first payslip. Then go into click yes and click the add button in the top left corner, a file will pop up on the screen and you click ok and then all your payslips will go out automatically. That's how it works for us anyway. I hope this helps. It's painful having to send them out with micropay otherwise

Click yes free runs suspended I right click on the icon (in system tray) and left click on resume this will allow all the payslips to go automatically.
    You then repeat the above process but select suspend. Please note under company/payroll - Company details on the email tab ensure the show message before sending payslip/P60 is not checked.

Mr clanfadda and rolo, i ran a test today and it worked!!
    I am so pleased!,
    Thank you both, confirming each other and thank s to everyone else who replied.

Hi again,
    Well, the bad news is micropay does not accrue on a weekly basis in the way I expected it to.
    (The only other option where it accrues as it goes along is the 8% regime, which I didn't want to use.)
    It a runs on a monthly basis, giving 1.67 per month. A calendar month at that!
    It asks itself if the employee has worked a 117 hours per month and then allocates the 1.67 day.
    Problem is that it allocates it even if the employee has only worked a fortnight and way less than 117 hours.
    Then I thought that I could adjust the holiday report that's in PAyroll Reports, but it's only a PDF. I haven't had time to look at ARW yet, but I will probably have to create a massive report, that will take me a day to figure out, and may still not do the job.
    Very disappointed, despondent even, as I can see myself with an excel spreadsheet for the holidays for the rest of the year!

Thesaurus send the payslips from their server, whereas with micropay,it's me senging them via Outlook.

Hi again,
    Well, the bad news is micropay does not accrue on a weekly basis in the way I expected it to.
    (The only other option where it accrues as it goes along is the 8% regime, which I didn't want to use.)
    It a runs on a monthly basis, giving 1.67 per month. A calendar month at that!
    It asks itself if the employee has worked a 117 hours per month and then allocates the 1.67 day.
    Problem is that it allocates it even if the employee has only worked a fortnight and way less than 117 hours.
    Then I thought that I could adjust the holiday report that's in PAyroll Reports, but it's only a PDF. I haven't had time to look at ARW yet, but I will probably have to create a massive report, that will take me a day to figure out, and may still not do the job.
    Very disappointed, despondent even, as I can see myself with an excel spreadsheet for the holidays for the rest of the year!

Thesaurus send the payslips from their server, whereas with micropay,it's me senging them via Outlook.

Hi Kewreeuss

You can also set it up to work on the 20 day per year rule. There are other ways of setting up, does your package include Micropay support, you could give them a ring and explain and they will talk you through it they can be very helpful.
    If in enter time and pay you have a separate heading for entering holiday hours you will be able to generate the payments report in excel and see the holiday hours paid per period and to date in there.
    Hope this helps you a little :)

Advertisement