Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best company for Standard insurance on classic car.

• 22-11-2016 3:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I'm 20 years old and own a 1989 Bmw E30, I'm having so much trouble trying to get standard insurance on it. Every company I ring just tells me I need to be 25 to get classic insurance but that's not what I want and when I say I just want standard insurance they just say no.

Any experiences with companies that are more willing towards this. I knew it was going to be difficult due to my age and the cars age but I wont stop until I find a company that will insure me on it.

Please Help!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

Not in insurance so I don't know.

However, it might be that classic car insurance could be the way. I see a few sites like http://bmwclassicsireland.com/ which might help. It might be that if you are a member of one of the classic car clubs that you may get cover. Worth exploring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

NUTLEY BOY wrote: »
    Not in insurance so I don't know.

However, it might be that classic car insurance could be the way. I see a few sites like http://bmwclassicsireland.com/ which might help. It might be that if you are a member of one of the classic car clubs that you may get cover. Worth exploring.

Driver isnt 25 so cant get classic insurance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭9935452

I think you are going to have to go down the 3 refusal letter route to forve a quote. but it could be astronomical

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

I would be shocked if any company in Ireland will give you a standard policy at 20 years old on a 1989 car. You'd be lucky to even get classic if you had another policy.

I insured an '89 325i as classic with Carole Nash when I was 22 if thats any addition.

Advertisement