Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A3 airbag light fix

• 22-11-2016 10:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi

I was up in Greenhills getting the car NCT'd this morning and it failed because the airbag light is on. Typically this just came on a couple of days before the NCT! I half knew it would fail because of that but said I'd run it through anyway. Everything else was fine.

Now I'd usually get my own mechanic that I've been going to for years to sort it out but it's a 3 hour drive home to him so I was hoping to get a good indy in dublin to look at it for me.

The thing is I've a serious fear of trusting any mechanics I don't know (that's why I've always done the 3 hour drive home to get anything done). I may not be able to make the trip this time so I was hoping I could get a few recommendations for someone to do the job.

I'm pretty sure it's a loose wire under the seat or something similar as it's happened about 3 years ago and it's known to happen to these cars. The NCT fella said he won't have to put it up on the lift again and to just drive in when it's fixed and he'll have a quick look at it.

Any recommendations?

Car is a 2008 A3 1.9tdi.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭friso59

Actually this is probably more suited to the main motors thread.

Mods, can this be moved please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Yeh probably is that wire alright, there is a specific fault code that almost confirms its the problem so any mechanic should be able to do that.

I'd recommend http://www.carmaintenance.ie/ They were recommended to me and Justin in there is a sound chap. Very good prices and great service with anything i've got him to do in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

I am in Newbridge if you are willing to drive down. I'll scan the car and see what the fault code is, it's a portably a quick fix. I am not a mechanic just an enthusiast with the right software and a bit of knowledge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭friso59

tossy wrote: »
    I am in Newbridge if you are willing to drive down. I'll scan the car and see what the fault code is, it's a portably a quick fix. I am not a mechanic just an enthusiast with the right software and a bit of knowledge.

Thanks for the offer tossy, it's very generous of you. I've actually booked it in with George Dalton next week so hoping he'll be able to sort it out.

Advertisement