Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1"

• 22-11-2016 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Curry's have a deal for €219.
    SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab A 10.1" Tablet - 16 GB black or white.
    seems decent to me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭rustynutz

Dreadfist wrote: »
    Curry's have a deal for €219.
    SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab A 10.1" Tablet - 16 GB black or white.
    seems decent to me.

I have one of these, highly recommended, great tablet

• Registered Users Posts: 27 velvet rose

I highly recommend this tablet as well, purchased last year for my son in the black Friday sale. Also purchased a child foam cover on ebay with a handle and it is still in one piece! Even with a few drops! I have no complaints about it , does the job perfect.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Doe this tablet take a sim card? I think it's for sale at the same price in Harvey Norman also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dreadfist

As far as I know, it is not the LTE model, so Wifi only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

Damn it bought the yoga 3 in DID for 199 euro on Saturday cos this was too dear :D

• Advertisement

As far as I know, it is not the LTE model, so Wifi only.

Thanks, I'm a complete dunderhead when it comes to these things, grand when using them but not buying them. So I need to be looking for an LTE model?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dreadfist

pilly wrote: »
    Thanks, I'm a complete dunderhead when it comes to these things, grand when using them but not buying them. So I need to be looking for an LTE model?

If you want to be able to put a sim card in, then yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,602 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

unless you mean an SD card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Doe this tablet take a sim card? I think it's for sale at the same price in Harvey Norman also.

No this is the WiFi only model but the LTE version will be the one where you can put in a sim card - yeah it is now the same price in Harvey Norman as they price match each other

If you want to be able to put a sim card in, then yes.

Have to, no broadband at home and no possibility of getting it within the next 5 years I'd say!

• Advertisement

Have to, no broadband at home and no possibility of getting it within the next 5 years I'd say!

Harvey Norman & Argos don't have the LTE version they only have the WiFi version but Currys have it but it hasn't been reduced for black Friday so it's still €329.99

kopite386 wrote: »
    Harvey Norman & Argos don't have the LTE version they only have the WiFi version but Currys have it but it hasn't been reduced for black Friday so it's still €329.99

Feck it, just too much for me. Thanks though.

Feck it, just too much for me. Thanks though.

No worries, Yeah it was a good price when the wifi verson was €299.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

could you not get a 3g router. you could have 1 mobile bill for numerous devices. makes more sense then forking out for LTE devices with separate bills

ssmith6287 wrote: »
    could you not get a 3g router. you could have 1 mobile bill for numerous devices. makes more sense then forking out for LTE devices with separate bills

I have a Vodafone one but it's limited to 7.5GB a month or something ridiculous like that for €20 even their higher plans are €60 for 90GB.

I'm a Netflix addict so use a lot of data! I was thinking of putting a 3 sim into one of these devices because they have unlimited data. Or would that not work? Currently I watch Netflix on my phone.

I know, I'm dumb!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

you can get sim free routers so theyre open to any networks. 3 have unlimited data but im sure they've some kind of fair usage clause so id just be careful there.

ssmith6287 wrote: »
    you can get sim free routers so theyre open to any networks. 3 have unlimited data but im sure they've some kind of fair usage clause so id just be careful there.

Thanks, I might give that a try. They do have a fair usage policy but I've gotten away with hours of Netflix every month so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Julez

Trying to decide between this and the Lenovo Tab a 10.1.

Seem very close, Lenovo being cheaper. Newer OS on the Samsung.

Julez wrote: »

Oh I would definitely go with Samsung if you can afford it. I've always had Samsung phones and love them, very reliable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Another vote for very good tablet
    I have the LTE, the wifi at this price is excellent value if it's the 2016 version - Galaxy Tab A (6)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭Keith186

Lenovo is €129 in Tesco btw. I'd say the Samsung is better by a little bit but the Lenovo is much better value at the reduced price.

Keith186 wrote: »
    Lenovo is €129 in Tesco btw. I'd say the Samsung is better by a little bit but the Lenovo is much better value at the reduced price.

That's a very good price! Which Tesco did you see that in? From my research it looks like the Samsung may have dedicated graphics.

The Samsung is better than that lenovo
    • The lenovo is Android 4.4 (KitKat)
    • The Samsung is Android 6.0 (marshmallow)
    • Many KitKat devices won't update to the new Android so it will slow down when it can't be updated and the Samsung has a faster processor as well

Lenovo have also brought out a tab 3 to replace the tab 2 but neither are great especially comparing them to the Samsung
    If you really want a lenovo the decent ones are higher in price

That's a very good price! Which Tesco did you see that in? From my research it looks like the Samsung may have dedicated graphics.

Think it's in the Tesco Extra stores only. Neither would be great for 3d graphic games but they are budget devices.

Main thing is both have a good screen, 2gb RAM and SD card slot so they'll be good for media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭Heighway61

I got the Lenovo today. Has Lolipop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Mr Arrior

How much are these usually?

Are you sure it's the 2gb ram/fhd Lenovo? You have to be very careful, because they have and almost identical one with 1gb ram/720p which often is on sale between €100-150.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Are you sure it's the 2gb ram/fhd Lenovo? You have to be very careful, because they have and almost identical one with 1gb ram/720p which often is on sale between €100-150.
    Yeah got one earlier, not for myself though.

Yeah got one earlier, not for myself though.
    Same here. 2GB/1080p.

• Advertisement

Screen res on the box is 1920*1200, 218 PPI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

Anyone know which stores in Dublin would have the Lenovo's?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

In the market for a Samsung tab but dont want to spend the 4-500 euro on the S versions. Is this price as cheap as i'm going to get for this model?

Anyone know which stores in Dublin would have the Lenovo's?

Thanks

Just got my Mrs to grab one at Clearwater Tesco in Fingal.

Thanks for those who pointed out the deal on the Lenovo. Have been looking for a second tablet for the kids to use for a good while now that is 2gb RAM and not too expensive. That tablet is on the money.

For the Galaxy Tab A i just bought it on currys UK site, its way cheaper. Getting ripped off again, only £159 pounds(192e).

Edit, payment wont go through :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭droidman123

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    In the market for a Samsung tab but dont want to spend the 4-500 euro on the S versions. Is this price as cheap as i'm going to get for this model?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Octa-Core-Android-Lollipop-SM-T710/dp/B013C46IB0/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1479909581&sr=8-9&keywords=Samsung+galaxy+tab+s

Shop around and you might get it even cheaper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭droidman123

Atlas_IRL wrote: »

Works out sub €350,shop around and you might get it even cheaper

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Octa-Core-Android-Lollipop-SM-T710/dp/B013C46IB0/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1479909581&sr=8-9&keywords=Samsung+galaxy+tab+s

Looking for a 10inch tablet at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

Thanks for those who pointed out the deal on the Lenovo. Have been looking for a second tablet for the kids to use for a good while now that is 2gb RAM and not too expensive. That tablet is on the money.

Thanks.

Just bought one and used a €10 off a €50 voucher that came in the post this morning.

Not a bad tablet for €119.00

No Lenovo stock in Tescos Ballybrack, Dun Laoghaire or Stillorgan. :(

No Lenovo stock in Tescos Ballybrack, Dun Laoghaire or Stillorgan. :(

Are they all Tesco Extra stores?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Jay Dee

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Another vote for very good tablet
    I have the LTE, the wifi at this price is excellent value if it's the 2016 version - Galaxy Tab A (6)

Sorry for the question, but what benefits do you get with the LTE over the non LTE ones ?

Thanks

Jay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Tried Tesco in Coonagh, Limerick. Lenovo OOS or so they are saying anyway.

Jay Dee wrote: »
    Sorry for the question, but what benefits do you get with the LTE over the non LTE ones ?

Thanks

Jay
    LTE version takes a sim card.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Jay Dee

Heighway61 wrote: »
    LTE version takes a sim card.

Hi,

Thanks for the information.
    That was all I could see, buy I was not sure if there was any more benefits.
    Having a sim card in a 10" tablet is a big deal ??

Thanks for everything.

Jay.

Hi,

Thanks for everything.

Jay.
    Well, it means you are not limited to WiFi. You can have a 3g/4g etc. connection. Makes it much more mobile if that's what you need. €110 more!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭dee1983

Hi, what price did you get the Lenovo for? Was it the Lenovo tab 2 10" 16gb?

I rang Clearwater his morning and was told it was €169 so I didn't bother.

dee1983 wrote: »
    Hi, what price did you get the Lenovo for? Was it the Lenovo tab 2 10" 16gb?

I rang Clearwater his morning and was told it was €169 so I didn't bother.

Yeah, Lenovo Tab 2. Was €129. Have attached the pic of the display box that she took before buying.

Hi,

Thanks for everything.

Jay.

It would be of huge benefit to me because I don't have Wi-Fi at home and little hope of getting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Sorry for the derail but does anyone know what the latest version of Android that the Lenovo Tab 2 upgrades to?

Smaller Lenova 7" going on sale in Aldi on Friday €79. Probably not great but might be a good starter for anyone looking for a kids one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement