Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1"

Comments

MoodeRator wrote: »
    Sorry for the derail but does anyone know what the latest version of Android that the Lenovo Tab 2 upgrades to?

According to this roadmap, it's Lollipop

https://support.lenovo.com/ie/en/Solutions/HT501098#/tablet

I'm fine with that, as I don't think there's been huge changes from lp > mm > n. I'd be concerned if it was stuck back on kk.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭dee1983

Basil3 wrote: »
    Yeah, Lenovo Tab 2. Was €129. Have attached the pic of the display box that she took before buying.

Brilliant, thanks a million. I'm going to pop up today, hopefully they'll have some left.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Jay Dee

pilly wrote: »
    It would be of huge benefit to me because I don't have Wi-Fi at home and little hope of getting it.

Hi,

Never thought of that....
    Obviously there are benefits ...
    Even if they are brought about by by a poor internet supply ....

Thanks

Jay.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dropzone

For anyone going through Dublin Airport this week the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1inch is going for 165
    402315.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

****, that's a good price!

The one in the airport is not the same as the one in Currys

Airport:
    Quad core 1.2GHz running Lollipop

Currys
    Octa core 1.6GHz running Marshmallow

Still nice price for a 10 inch tablet.

Airport:

Currys

I've no idea what those things mean. :D I know, I'm dumb! I'm not into gaming or anything like that, I would simply be looking for something to watch Netflix on. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Airport:

Currys

Well spotted! I thought that older one was 9.7" only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

I've no idea what those things mean. :D I know, I'm dumb! I'm not into gaming or anything like that, I would simply be looking for something to watch Netflix on. :)

Quad means 4, octa 8 as Im sure youd guessed. Its simple, the more the merrier :D Just means it can multi task better and generally will perform tasks faster.

The ghz number is the same, it relates to processor speed so go with the bigger number always.
    As for the operating system, Android uses the alphabet, so if it starts with letter 13 (M) instead of 12 (L) it means its a more uptodate version.

• Advertisement

terrydel wrote: »
    Quad means 4, octa 8 as Im sure youd guessed. Its simple, the more the merrier :D Just means it can multi task better and generally will perform tasks faster.

Thank you, I'm picking up so much knowledge here it's great. :D

The ghz number is the same, it relates to processor speed so go with the bigger number always.
    As for the operating system, Android uses the alphabet, so if it starts with letter 13 (M) instead of 12 (L) it means its a more uptodate version.

In theory more cores are better, but Apple always have the best processors with less cores, and the Snapdragon 810 (octacore) was a dog, while the Snapdragon 820 (quadcore) is much better. Getting way off base now :D

Either way, any of these tablets are well able for Netflix etc. I think there are typos on the airport galaxy tab label. It has to be last year's 9.7" model.

Edit: clearly this year's model, and really good price.

The info beside the price is wrong, they are selling the newer version. Just checked the back of the box.

402317.jpg

In theory more cores are better, but Apple always have the best processors with less cores, and the Snapdragon 810 (octacore) was a dog, while the Snapdragon 820 (quadcore) is much better. Getting way off base now :D

Either way, any of these tablets are well able for Netflix etc. I think there are typos on the airport galaxy tab label. It has to be last year's 9.7" model.

Edit: clearly this year's model, and really good price.

Eh, stop believing the apple marketing will ya :pac:

Eh, stop believing the apple marketing will ya :pac:

If only you knew....I'm an Android fanboy and do Android deving part time :P

Thank you, I'm picking up so much knowledge here it's great. :D

It has its downsides tho, as we all tend to get stuck in the 'I'll find one thats better if I wait' vicious circle.

Best approach to take, is set a budget and cut off timeframe and get the highest spec you can, I wouldnt fixate on brand at all. They all have more or less the same ****e on the inside.

• Advertisement

dropzone wrote: »
    The info beside the price is wrong, they are selling the newer version. Just checked the back of the box.

402317.jpg

How much and where? The spec is decent, nice hi res screen.

How much and where? The spec is decent, nice hi res screen.

Dixons Dublin Airport for €165

If only you knew....I'm an Android fanboy and do Android deving part time :P

Good stuff, did a wee bit myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Hey does anyone know if we can ring and reserve for the dixons in the airport? Or how long it will be at that price for?

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Hey does anyone know if we can ring and reserve for the dixons in the airport? Or how long it will be at that price for?

Not sure about reserving an item but their sale is on till Monday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Messi19

dropzone wrote: »
    Not sure about reserving an item but their sale is on till Monday

Rats! Trust my luck to be flying on Tuesday morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

If anyone is interested its reduced on argos.co.uk (irish site still down at the moment) for roughly €200 so the Irish site many follow suit just a heads up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Mr Arrior

This seems like a good deal as was in the market for a decent sized tablet to save phone battery. Was thinking of iPad, would this match one at all?

Yeah, Lenovo Tab 2. Was €129. Have attached the pic of the display box that she took before buying.

Picked one up today. Used my vouchers as well so got it for €114. Delighted with it. Thanks again

€209.99 in Argos but currys will price match up to 7 days after purchases if you've already bought it at €219

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

kopite386 wrote: »
    €209.99 in Argos but currys will price match up to 7 days after purchases if you've already bought it at €219

How do you get that. Ordered mine yesterday hasnt been dispatched yet. Ordered a tablet today that was dispatched a couple of hours later. Hoping not out of stock

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Sorry to butt in, would this be as good as S2 tablet? Was hoping S2 tablet would be included in the black Friday deals but can't see it so far!

How do you get that. Ordered mine yesterday hasnt been dispatched yet. Ordered a tablet today that was dispatched a couple of hours later. Hoping not out of stock

Did you order it off Currys website ?

Sorry to butt in, would this be as good as S2 tablet? Was hoping S2 tablet would be included in the black Friday deals but can't see it so far!

It's not a bad tablet, I was hoping for the s2 to be reduced as well but nowhere seems to have a good reduction on them
    It's won't be as fast but its not slow either

Did you order it off Currys website ?

Yeah. Got all confirmation emails. Just waiting on dispatch confirmation

• Advertisement

Yeah. Got all confirmation emails. Just waiting on dispatch confirmation

Email websales@currys.ie with Price Promise as your subject then let them know the product code of your tablet, your order confirmation number and the price it is in Argos - due to it not being despatched they might not have taken the money yet but if they have they should refund you the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

It's not a bad tablet, I was hoping for the s2 to be reduced as well but nowhere seems to have a good reduction on them
    It's won't be as fast but its not slow either

Yeah I was disappointed this morning- I think there was a reduction of €100ish on them in Currys last year but not this year by the look of it so far! :(

Yeah I was disappointed this morning- I think there was a reduction of €100ish on them in Currys last year but not this year by the look of it so far! :(

There was yes the only thing is they 'might' (don't know for sure) reduce them for boxing day sales
    Even at none big sale times like bank holiday sales they have had big reductions on them

Email websales@currys.ie with Price Promise as your subject then let them know the product code of your tablet, your order confirmation number and the price it is in Argos - due to it not being despatched they might not have taken the money yet but if they have they should refund you the difference

They took the money already. Not dispatched yet. Ill send it and hope for the best. Im hoping they still have stock

They took the money already. Not dispatched yet. Ill send it and hope for the best. Im hoping they still have stock

They will have stock - it's not sold out on the website yet and they get loads of them in for this time of year

They will have stock - it's not sold out on the website yet and they get loads of them in for this time of year

Got back to me straight away about refunding.difference

It has its downsides tho, as we all tend to get stuck in the 'I'll find one thats better if I wait' vicious circle.

Best approach to take, is set a budget and cut off timeframe and get the highest spec you can, I wouldnt fixate on brand at all. They all have more or less the same ****e on the inside.

Yeah, I think you're right. In reality I only want it for one purpose which doesn't really need all the bells and whistles.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭louthuser

On pricespy all are price matching at E219 for the 16gb model. Is their one seller in particular you would recommend buying from- giving a longer warranty or offering further discounts, eg axa card at Did or Argos with their E10 voucher over E100?

louthuser wrote: »
    On pricespy all are price matching at E219 for the 16gb model. Is their one seller in particular you would recommend buying from- giving a longer warranty or offering further discounts, eg axa card at Did or Argos with their E10 voucher over E100?

Well it's cheaper in Argos at 209.99 compared to elsewhere at 219.99, they have a 2 year manufacturer warranty but all retailers will contact the manufacturer on your behalf in the first 12 months if faulty they will return it but I have also found Argos great to deal with for returns if needed

• Advertisement

Well it's cheaper in Argos at 209.99 compared to elsewhere at 219.99, they have a 2 year manufacturer warranty but all retailers will contact the manufacturer on your behalf in the first 12 months if faulty they will return it but I have also found Argos great to deal with for returns if needed

I second this, always found Argos brilliant if you have any problems they usually just replace the item.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Jay Dee

Hi,

Thanks to all for the information on my last post.
    One more for you all ::
    In the product description is says ::

" Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2016) 16GB 3G 4G - tablets (Full-size tablet, Android, Slate, Android, Black, IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11ac, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n) "

What does the " Full size tablet " mean ?

Thanks

Jay

Jay Dee wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks to all for the information on my last post.
    One more for you all ::
    In the product description is says ::

" Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2016) 16GB 3G 4G - tablets (Full-size tablet, Android, Slate, Android, Black, IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11ac, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n) "

What does the " Full size tablet " mean ?

Thanks

Jay

You are able to get a mini version on Amazon but full size just means it's the regular normal size

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Ended up going with Tesco Direct UK, worked out about 200e.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Have mine reserved for collection next Thursday in Argos, price will probably have gone up by then but I'll get it at the reserved price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Ended up going with Tesco Direct UK, worked out about 200e.
    Can you paste a link, can't find any 10" around €200.

• Advertisement

Bought one in argos yesterday for 209, love it. Spent 20 euro on a cover that's slightly too big though cause it's for the Samsung 2 so be careful of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Anyone come across any decent covers for the lenovo tab 2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭gambit83

seem to be gone from Argos but other have them. does anyone have a link for a suitable case?

The official case is 60 euro so won't be going for that!

The official case is 60 euro so won't be going for that!

Have you tried ebay? They have some cases on there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement