Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a problem with eir email?

Options
  • 22-11-2016 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭

I can enter my log in details, it starts to open as normal, then I am getting an 'error 500' (I think).
    Just wondering if there is a general problem this morning? I was able to log in earlier. Thanks, 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I can enter my log in details, it starts to open as normal, then I am getting an 'error 500' (I think).
    Just wondering if there is a general problem this morning? I was able to log in earlier. Thanks, 
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]LynnGrace,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]There is an on-going issue with webmail I'm afraid.  [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]The issue appears to be a password issue and customers’ are locked out from the webmail account until they reset the email password. Can you change your password via the online process and ensure the new password is completely different to the old one.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Part of the this issue involves creating up to 800 drafts (all are empty emails with an attachment of a woman). Can you check your emailed Contacts (under the Contacts menu) and delete the list. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Deleting the emailed Contacts list is easiest done in the basic mode. If you are using the advanced version of Zimbra, you will need to click on their email address (upper right hand side) and on the drop down menu click on ‘HMTL client’ and this will bring them into the basic mode (a blue and white interface). Click on Preferences and Contacts, max out the display to 100, click save (upper left hand side). Click on Contacts (on the blue bar), scroll down to emailed Contacts and click the top tick box to select the top 100 and delete. emailed contacts can have up to 10,000 in the list.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Any issues with verification, please email wmsupport@eir.ie[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Jimllfixit

Just wondering if there is a general problem this morning? I was able to log in earlier. Thanks,
    I can get emails Ok this morning, but the odd thing is that they aren't addressed to me!

They have an abusive subject line with asterisks as in f*ck but the actual email body is blank, and sent to an address which contains some but not all the characters in my email address, generally in the correct order.

When I tried to forward them to support@eircom.net for examination and comment, their server spat back saying "Undeliverable due to abusive content" !

*sigh*

I've just seen Pamela's reply but not sure if I've got the same problem.

Jimllfixit wrote: »
    Just wondering if there is a general problem this morning? I was able to log in earlier. Thanks,
    I can get emails Ok this morning, but the odd thing is that they aren't addressed to me!

They have an abusive subject line with asterisks as in f*ck but the actual email body is blank, and sent to an address which contains some but not all the characters in my email address, generally in the correct order.

When I tried to forward them to support@eircom.net for examination and comment, their server spat back saying "Undeliverable due to abusive content" !

*sigh*

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]This sounds like this could be connected with the previous issue[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] Jimllfixit,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]you would need to delete these.[/font]

*sigh*

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]This sounds like this could be connected with the previous issue[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] Jimllfixit,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]you would need to delete these.[/font]

Hi Pamela,

I did indeed delete the offending email.

I also wrote to support@eircom.net about seeing the wrong address in the message header but haven't heard anything back.

This morning ~ 11 AM eircom.net repeatedly demanded an email login username and password, so I gave up & switched off the PC.

Now, having re-booted the PC, eircom.net loves me once again.

Odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

*sigh*

Hi Pamela,

I also wrote to support@eircom.net about seeing the wrong address in the message header but haven't heard anything back.

This morning ~ 11 AM eircom.net repeatedly demanded an email login username and password, so I gave up & switched off the PC.

Odd.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm afraid there was a separate webmail issue today [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Jimllfixit.[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]This has now been resolved & you can read more on this[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] here.[/font]

*sigh*

Hi Pamela,

Odd.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm afraid there was a separate webmail issue today [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Jimllfixit.[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]This has now been resolved & you can read more on this[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] here.[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭tombrown

I am having issues downloading email on Outlook via POP3; this is a new issue, and I have not changed any account details. Is this related to the webmail issue mentioned?

tombrown wrote: »
    I am having issues downloading email on Outlook via POP3; this is a new issue, and I have not changed any account details. Is this related to the webmail issue mentioned?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]The email account might be just stuck not being able to download more. Can you check via www.mail2web.com[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]your account and clean out what is not needed.[/font]

Thanks - I can do that this evening,
    However do note that I saw the same behaviour on both my own and my wife's email accounts. Her account could well be overloaded, but I keep mine fairly lean, so it would be surprising if this is the issue for both of us.

• Advertisement

However do note that I saw the same behaviour on both my own and my wife's email accounts. Her account could well be overloaded, but I keep mine fairly lean, so it would be surprising if this is the issue for both of us.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]tombrown,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]let me know how it goes.[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you are still experiencing issues let me know & we can arrange to have your webmail account upgraded.[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Xpro

Hi, Is there any news on this issue? My eircom mail has been unusable since yesterday morning and I'm not able to log in at all, even via eir webmail site?

Thanks

Xpro wrote: »
    Hi, Is there any news on this issue? My eircom mail has been unusable since yesterday morning and I'm not able to log in at all, even via eir webmail site?

Thanks
     [font=Verdana, sans-serif]This issue has now been resolved [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Xpro.[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]What error message are you getting when you try & log in?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I have had no emails like that but logging in has been exceptionally slow and now I get the 500 error and am unable to login at all/ Changed my password as Pamela suggested and now have to wait for that to be processed for a few minutes. 

Gael23 wrote: »
    I have had no emails like that but logging in has been exceptionally slow and now I get the 500 error and am unable to login at all/ Changed my password as Pamela suggested and now have to wait for that to be processed for a few minutes. 
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Gael23,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]let me know how you get on.[/font]

Gael23 wrote: »
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Gael23,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]let me know how you get on.[/font]

That didnt work for me. When I enter my details I get HTTP Error 500 on the next page.

Seems to be back now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

I'm using an Eircom webmail account via POP3 on Android and since yesterday, I'm getting mails through with intermittent "Unable to Sign in" notifications. Is this part of the same issue??

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]tombrown,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]let me know how it goes.[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you are still experiencing issues let me know & we can arrange to have your webmail account upgraded.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

Cleared out all the old email via webmail & tried outlook again. Still failing - I'll send a PM

My problem with EIR email, that of receiving abusive emails which aren't addressed to me, has now become a steady stream.

No response from support@eircom.net or helpdesk@eircom.net to my emails but then this is something I've come to expect.

Why don't EIR send out a simple status to us all letting us know the nature of THEIR problem? Am I the only one who is getting this crap? I doubt it very much.

Over to you, Pamela / Tony / Stacey / Ciara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭bill66

My webmail is down, keep getting 500 error. Have changed password, still can't get in.  Is anything being done to resolve the problem?

This is a version of the email I sent this morning to EIR:

Hi EIR,

Although my email is working, your system seems to be able to pick up emails sent to "inver*" with variations and send them on to my email address.

These appear to be blank pages with suggestive subjects inviting me to participate in immoral acts. Your own email rejected one I sent to you as having abusive content.

(I am wording this email carefully so that it does not get rejected for any abusive words).

These emails clutter up my system and take a certain amount of time to download on my 1 Mbps connection, could cause a problem if I inadvertently opened or replied to them, and I would like to get shot of them.

I think your system must be compromised in some way if it can forward emails to me in this way.

Can you reply to this email and let me know you have identified the problem and suggest a way of stopping this activity other than having me deleting them.

Thanking you

James McLay

EIR A/C number *****018

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Autonomous Cowherd

Mine just does not log in...keeps returning me to Login page. Has been like this for days now. Occasionally I can get in, but rarely. Thinking of getting a new email to be honest as this has been intermittent over months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

whats going on with the email the last 2 days? 

I'm getting a error 500 server error !

Its not really acceptable that this has remained unresolved for 2 days now.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭zinfandel

any update on eircom mail. not been able to access e mail since 6.00pm last night? HTTP ERROR 500
    Problem accessing /service/preau ??

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭bren4q

I've been getting server 500 errors yesterday and today too.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭zinfandel

why cant they at least issue an update on the home page, its getting very frustrating, I really need to access my e mails now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

I can't log in since yesterday either. I'm losing thousands and with Christmas around the corner an' all. I knew this would happen once that Donal Trunk fella got elected!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭TheDocMan

Having same issue for last few days. Attempts to log in returns - 500 error-  message but intermittently I've managed to log in.
    Need this sorted asap and not excuses from Eir please.

Advertisement