Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a problem with eir email?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Alun wrote: »
    Why could the reps not just come on and say that FFS. What's the point of these 'talk to' forums when no one will talk to you about a real problem. It's like the TESCO thread all over again. 

EDIT: By the way mine is not working again this morning, as if anyone cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭swoofer

they are in big poo, so cant give updates, the eir comunnity site is awash with spam. mine is pants as well along with FTTH speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Gobethewall

Yes, can't understand why they do'n't come on here and tell us they've been DDOS'd, we may even understand then!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Jimllfixit

Jimllfixit wrote: »
    This is a version of the email I sent this morning to EIR:

Hi EIR,

Although my email is working, your system seems to be able to pick up emails sent to "inver*" with variations and send them on to my email address.

These appear to be blank pages with suggestive subjects inviting me to participate in immoral acts. Your own email rejected one I sent to you as having abusive content.

(I am wording this email carefully so that it does not get rejected for any abusive words).

These emails clutter up my system and take a certain amount of time to download on my 1 Mbps connection, could cause a problem if I inadvertently opened or replied to them, and I would like to get shot of them.

I think your system must be compromised in some way if it can forward emails to me in this way.

Can you reply to this email and let me know you have identified the problem and suggest a way of stopping this activity other than having me deleting them.

Thanking you

James McLay

EIR A/C number *****018
    I feel very bad. There I was thinking horrible thoughts about EIR and these abusive messages getting into my Outlook email client.

Then I logged into the actual email account, and discovered that EIR had already junked 711 of the b*st*rds.

The few I got were a tiny fraction that slipped through.

Sorry EIR!

(mind you, I still didn't get any response from anyone in EIR/eircom, so I don't feel TOO bad).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

If they had told us this at the beginning people would have been much more understanding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I've been unable to receive any emails from my eircom.net account for the last two days, it is a major nuisance at this stage. An update would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭kyote00

same issue here. No updates online. Impossible to get thro phone support line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi all,

Our support teams are aware of the issue and are currently working to eliminate the problem and prevent further issues. You may need to retry a number of times to gain access by resetting your password. 

We will keep customers updated here https://community.eir.ie/service-updates-70/issue-with-webmail-on-eirie-26112016-287292/index1.html#post304070  Sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭kyote00

Hi all,

Our support teams are aware of the issue and are currently working to eliminate the problem and prevent further issues. You may need to retry a number of times to gain access by resetting your password. 

We will keep customers updated here https://community.eir.ie/service-updates-70/issue-with-webmail-on-eirie-26112016-287292/index1.html#post304070  Sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    That thread is 6 days old. Still no email today. I will be forced to switch to gmail soon if this continues...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭jem

mine is back.
    shocking service from eir though

• Advertisement

jem wrote: »
    mine is back.
    shocking service from eir though
    Thanks for the update jem,

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Now I'm getting texts from a vendor asking me to change my e-mail details as my eircom.net address is being bounced back as undeliverable.

What is going on ?????????????????

Gmail here I come !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Autonomous Cowherd

503 service unavailable today.

503 service unavailable today.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Autonomous Cowherd,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You may need to retry a number of times to gain access by resetting your password. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Kat1170

I suppose next you will want us to simultaneously rub our bellies, pat our heads and jump up and down in order to log in !!!!

Logging in for EVERY other e-mail supplier is just a matter of inputting a password. Why do Eir find it so hard to offer this. Telling us to try logging in multiple times, just in case we get lucky, and sure throw in a few password changes while you're at it is, as I have said before a JOKE !!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭geraardo

Are people still having issues signing in ? , I still keep getting a server error.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭contrary_devil

geraardo wrote: »
    Are people still having issues signing in ? , I still keep getting a server error.
    It seems to be ok for me these past few days.

I must say though that the responses from the Eir representatives on here weren't the best during the recent spell of trouble with their systems.

geraardo wrote: »
    Have you reset your password geraardo?

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I can't even reset my password this is a joke it shouldn't take this long to fix the issue. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭geraardo

Yes i have reset my password, seems to be working ok today but time will tell.

• Advertisement

McLoughlin wrote: »
    I can't even reset my password this is a joke it shouldn't take this long to fix the issue. 
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]McLoughlin,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You would need to reset your password to log into your account. You can do this here.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 10 victory65

Lost emails accounts.
    Hi,
    Wondering can you help me.. I've lost both of my eircom accounts.. I think this has happened since I moved from 3 to eir. Can you help me..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

victory65,

Thanks for getting in touch.

When moving provider, this would not affect your email address.

I would recommend contacting our technical support team on 1890 260 260 or freephone 1901 for the best support on this issue.

Please feel free to get back in touch and let us know how you get on with this.

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement