Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmassy Ninty Thread, Scrooges Feck off with yourselves!

• 22-11-2016 12:02pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭

A positive thread only please!

I guess I have a question or two around Nintendo and Christmas, gifts and that sort of thing.

There didn't seem to be an appropriate thread so I made one!

And, please, can we leave the negative talk somewhere else?

(no backseat modding from me, Starlord is, as always, the guy with the moves here abouts)

So, my own Christmassy, cinnamon and apple smelling question is...

Where can I get an affordable Nintendo backpack for my son, 13 year old Cidonalad?
    I know Gamestop, source of all evil that they are, have them for around €40 each, but being a miserable git and having spent far too much already on the blighter, I wonder if someone might know where I can find one, preferably a bricks and mortar shop, but an online store would be okay too, as long as it doesn't arrive in Feb'17!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Sub City in Dublin city centre have a few, not sure of the pricing, but I've seen a number of ones there, mainly Zelda themed ones. Could be worth a look?

And you know I got those moves!
    giphy.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I just had a look at the SubCity site to no avail, I also looked at Forbidden Planet, not much there either.... the search continues!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Game look to be expensive as well. Amazon listing about the same prices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Tried Easons for bags? they had a wall of backpacks with what my brain vaguely thinks were pop culture icons, I wasn't looking too closely. Lots of those kind of vinyl-y fronted small bags that are not quite big enough to be decent school bags?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

This is an example of the bags Eason's carry...
    415200000000S.jpg?q=75
    I'd be afraid for his safety if he went to school with it!

Tubbs4 wrote: »

Sadly it is shipped from China, so the delivery date will either be within 48 hours of ordering or sometime around the Switch launch in March next year!

Also, it appears to be made of a material known only as "ancient nylon"... methinks Google Translate has met it's match...

Another Christmassy question...
    I bought the boy both Fire Emblem games for the 3DS, but now I find a copy of the Special Edition going second hand from someone, looking for €90 for it....
    Is there a download code I'm missing out on, buying it preowned??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Another Christmassy question...
    I bought the boy both Fire Emblem games for the 3DS, but now I find a copy of the Special Edition going second hand from someone, looking for €90 for it....
    Is there a download code I'm missing out on, buying it preowned??

'Revelation' is the downloadable bit for the normal versions. Special Edition has everything on the cart.

You seem to be constantly surrounded by SE games! What an existence that must be. :D

Pac1Man wrote: »
    'Revelation' is the downloadable bit for the normal versions. Special Edition has everything on the cart.

You seem to be constantly surrounded by SE games! What an existence that must be. :D

No, I tend to avoid them.
    I have a handful, Mario Kart 8, Fallout 3 and 4.
    But, the likes of GTAV, the SE pack was so ridiculous I sold it on.
    I kept the GTAIV SE because that was pretty neat, as our American cousins say.

I'll sell on Fire Emblems for €70 and get the SE edition, assuming it's complete.

• Advertisement

FE is all on the cart. You're only really missing out on is the art book and the steelbook case. Both of which are gorgeous but don't really add much to your experience. Oh and a poster. And that lush box to keep them all in. For another 90 quid I'll sell you the lot :D (the offer to give them free was for Cidonalad)

So, any other Christmas type things on a Ninty theme coming up???

I have a retrogaming Christmas Boards.ies get together in mine on the 2nd of December, most of you are welcome... those who aren't will be shot... a lot....
    But, seriously, sure to be plenty of Nintendo games happening, as well as some non Nintendo to keep the filthy shower happy.

I just had a look at the SubCity site to no avail, I also looked at Forbidden Planet, not much there either.... the search continues!

Worth a look in the shop too though, don't think they have all the stock on the site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

This is an example of the bags Eason's carry...
    415200000000S.jpg?q=75
    I'd be afraid for his safety if he went to school with it!

Yeah, the Dude Division get really pissed off if they see civilians just walking around with their cuts.

I'm currently trying to talk myself out of treating myself to a Christmas present of a Wii U. I know the Switch is just around the corner, but the thoughts of being able to spend the Christmas week off work playing Wind Waker and Bayonetta 2 are winning out right now.

Just watch the Black Friday sales and Adverts, on the latter I've seen sub €200 WiiU's up for sale, and that is a starting price, no reason you couldn't get one there, with a game or two, for around €150 money.
    I mean, that's the price of a pair of new PS4 games, and infinitely better fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,211 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Easons on O'Connell street has a great range of sci-fi cartoon comic book satchel and laptop bags. Great Adventure Time ones all in the basement.

Last I remember Sub City in Mary Street had some Tri Force bags in stock that was a week ago. It is a newish branch they opened a few months back. Worth a look in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Chaps, anyone know where I might pick up some Kirby stickers in Dublin?

I want to customize my daughter's silver 3dsxl from Santa - Alternatively, anyone know of a reliable online source for themed full face vinyls/decals?

Last I remember Sub City in Mary Street had some Tri Force bags in stock that was a week ago. It is a newish branch they opened a few months back. Worth a look in.

Yup, that's the ones I was talking about. Pretty sure it was these two:
    Legend of Zelda satchel with Triforce

Zelda Triforce Logo Black Messenger Bag

Gonna give my six year old niece the Wii I got for €10 in tesco a few weeks back with Kirby's Epic Yarn paid €5 for that too. Thrifty present I think she will enjoy both a local charity shop has loads of the cheap Wii games left so I may splurge on a few for her to build up a collection.

If you're willing to sit down and get them past the "hard" bits - ie EVERYTHING in the game, if you're 5 or 6 with no video gaming experience - kids love the Rabbids. Rabbids Go Home is a half-way decent game you can get for peanuts with lots of cheap laughs in it.

• Advertisement

Got the rabbids collection for €2 in tesc sale coincidence...

Need a sealed Wii Plus Remote if I can get one cheapish.

Not gonna give the Mario Galaxy 2 as it maybe too hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

So, my own Christmassy, cinnamon and apple smelling question is...

Where can I get an affordable Nintendo backpack for my son, 13 year old Cidonalad?

Vans have a few different Nintendo backpacks included in their Black Friday sale on their UK website, might still be a bit pricey at £28 + p&p though.

Advertisement