Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options for not liking school

Options
  • 22-11-2016 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi all! I'm not a fan of school at all and am in TY. I chose to do TY because I thought I'd finally make friends and have fun, but alas I was wrong. I moved to an all girls school at the start of 3rd year because I didn't like my previous school and the problem persists. I have very few friends and am sick quite often so I miss days often.

The question is - what are some options after TY? I'm considering dropping out at the end of the year as I will be turning 16 then. There is a local college that does Fetac level 5 and 6, but I am not sure if I would be eligible to attend. I am considering a radio production course or dressmaking. But do you think this is a smart decision, I'd still be continuing with my education, but I feel I would miss out on my teenage years. Also what if I don't make friends there?

Another option is moving back to my previous school, I have many friends there and they offer a vast range of subjects but I am scared that I will be ridiculed for moving then coming back.

I hope this is legible, and I'm sorry if it's too long or not clear.

Thanking you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I think if you don't like your new school and you have friends in your old one you should move back. I'm sure you won't be ridiculed, you will probably be welcomed back by your friends who have probably missed you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bluedragon99

Shannon757 wrote: »
    I think if you don't like your new school and you have friends in your old one you should move back. I'm sure you won't be ridiculed, you will probably be welcomed back by your friends who have probably missed you.

Hi can you have a look at my question thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Hi can you have a look at my question thanks

He gave his opinion..an option that you suggested and he agreed with..what other question is there?

Advertisement