Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adult Acne - Help!!!

Options
  • 22-11-2016 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi guys, im 24 years old and iv recently had a break out on my chin area and a bit on my forehead area also, iv never ever suffered with bad skin and im freaking out simply because im embarrassed in my own skin :(
    is there any thing at all you guys recommend for me to do even the likes of a chemical peel? my doctor gave me Duac cream and yes it works but the spots and redness just keeps coming back :(
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 22gg

Dianette worked wonders for me

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

Go to a dermatologist. Expensive but they will have effective solution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Gator88

Ask your doctor about Stemycim. It's a topical antibiotic. I was prescribed it 30 years ago. Works wonders

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

fits wrote: »

Don't bother, save your money, GPs deal with this all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Melanie1992

22gg wrote: »
    Dianette worked wonders for me

Is that over the counter or can I just buy it?

• Advertisement

Gator88 wrote: »
    Ask your doctor about Stemycim. It's a topical antibiotic. I was prescribed it 30 years ago. Works wonders

Thank you I will about it for sure!!

fits wrote: »

Yeah kinda wanna try out stuff first before I fork out a hell load of money for them

Vorsprung wrote: »
    Don't bother, save your money, GPs deal with this all the time.

Yeah I don't think I could afford it anyways 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 12 22gg

It's prescription only. It's for the treatment of acne but it's also a contraceptive. Cleared up the hormonal acne on my chin completely.

22gg wrote: »
    It's prescription only. It's for the treatment of acne but it's also a contraceptive. Cleared up the hormonal acne on my chin completely.

See I probably couldn't take it because im on the pill already or maybe they could change it for me ? Il have to ask her! Thanks a million though il look into it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

See I probably couldn't take it because im on the pill already or maybe they could change it for me ? Il have to ask her! Thanks a million though il look into it!!!

Have you only suffered the acne since going on the pill?

Stheno wrote: »
    Have you only suffered the acne since going on the pill?
    Well im on the same pill since im 16 and im 24 now so I guess not ,. It's only in the past three weeks where it's just flared up on my chin and a few on my forehead aswell., just haven't got a clue what's changed or happened

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Maybe stress?? I've had fairly mild hormonal breakouts for the last few years but I had it very under control using a few la Roche posay products but the last couple of weeks it's been a disaster. A new, big, painful, impossible to conceal spot every morning :(
    So I went back to my local pharmacist and they recommended trying both vit e and la Roche posay effaclar AI for a few weeks before considering a dermotologist.

But, they asked since it had gotten so much worse had I been particularly stressed and I realised I have. The time line matches up almost to the day.
    The unfortunate thing about that is, I can make the stress go away!
    Maybe have a chat with your local pharmacist? Mine is brilliant, always my first port of call!
    Hope you find something that helps soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Could be anything. Is it a break out or is it adult acne?
    - are you stressed?
    - what's your diet like?
    - what's your skincare routine like?
    - are you over exfoliating?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

Could be adult roscea ( if I'm spelling it right) it's like adult acne. I never had spots as a team but got it for a while when I was 26
    A good beautcian should be able help

Advertisement