If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DENON AVRX2300

Options
  • 22-11-2016 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Im a complete novice to all this but looking for a nice home sound system to connect:
    • 4K TV
    • PS4
    • NAS device
    • iPad
    • Android phone / Spotify
    • PC
    • Pretty much everything :-)
    Ive been looking at the AMPs and the DENON AVRX2300 seems decent and might cover my needs! Of course this is no use without proper speakers so looking for a recommendation on those also. I purchased a set of Denon SC-N7 speakers some time ago an they're just gathering dust in a box as Ive nothing to connect them too :-) but what would be needed with these to get the best out of an amp as good as the 2300? 
    Thanks in advance. 
    Ben

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Cableguy,

the Denon AVRX2300 is really just simply superb and really does pretty much everything!

TBH I think that your Denon speakers wont actually do it justice - the AVRX2300 is actually quite a serious sounding amp and is capable of driving really good speakers.

If you wanted to get a system started and build it up as time and budget allows ( the best way I think!) then I would suggest starting like this:

Denon AVRX2300 - Retail £499
    Monitor Audio Bronze 2 Speakers * 1 Pair - Retail £279 ( What Hi-Fi Speaker of theyear 2016!)
    http://www.whathifi.com/monitor-audio/bronze-2/review

Total price £778
    Boardie special £629 ( save £149!)

You can then build up the speaker package gradually to a full 5.1 or 7.1 system 

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Cableguy

Hi Cableguy,

the Denon AVRX2300 is really just simply superb and really does pretty much everything!

TBH I think that your Denon speakers wont actually do it justice - the AVRX2300 is actually quite a serious sounding amp and is capable of driving really good speakers.

If you wanted to get a system started and build it up as time and budget allows ( the best way I think!) then I would suggest starting like this:

Monitor Audio Bronze 2 Speakers * 1 Pair - Retail £279 ( What Hi-Fi Speaker of theyear 2016!)

Total price £778

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hey guys - thanks a mill for the great advice! 
    These prices would not be so bad in Euro but I see they are in sterling! I'm living in Dublin. 
    Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Cableguy wrote: »
    Hi Cableguy,

Total price £778

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hey guys - thanks a mill for the great advice! 
    These prices would not be so bad in Euro but I see they are in sterling! I'm living in Dublin. 
    Thanks
    Hey Cable Guy.

Total in Euro would be 740 Euro all in.

You can also choose to pay in sterling and let your bank do the conversion.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks
    having a quick browse at ROI pricing - it looks like the Bronze 2 with the AVRX2300 is just under €990 from most ROI retailers!

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hey guys,
    I see theres been a very nice decrease in the AVRX2300 today!
    Whats the best price (Euros) for this on its own?
    With this speakers you mentioned above?
    Thanks
    Ben

• Advertisement

Ben,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - as there has been a price drop - I can go to £599 for the AVRX2300 & a Pair of Monitor Audio Bronze 2 speakers for you - including delivery.

Thanks again and keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]( Please excuse us over the next few days if responses are a little slower than normal!)[/font]

Hi guys,
    Whats the deal on these atm? or am I better of waiting till January sales?
    Thanks 

Hi RS,
    What price would you guys do two of these for?
    2 x 2300 + 
    2 x Audio Bronxe 2 Speakers
    A tasty deal and you could win us over! :-)
    Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi RS,
    What price would you guys do two of these for?
    2 x 2300 + 
    2 x Audio Bronxe 2 Speakers
    A tasty deal and you could win us over! :-)
    Thanks
    Hey Cableguy.

The best on the 2300 would be £399.00 each = Total £798.00
    On the Bronze 2 speakers i could offer at £200 per pair instead of £250. Total = £400
    Also free shipping, making that a grand total of £1198.00

Let me know if this twists your arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Hey Guys

I got my 2300 off ye on the 16th and i set it up just before xmas eve. It worked fine for 2 days or so and then xmas day it had a loud pop followed by burning smell. Checked every cable all setup correctly.

I got onto yere shop on 26th and was told I would be emailed return in instructions and address etc but received nothing. Tried calling shop each day since got no answer and no answered from sales team and no replies from the guys on private email thread with the PO.

Could someone get back onto me and ive had no sound all xmas week as a result and its been a bit of a bummer not being able to watch anything while off over xmas. I only use Projector. No TV.

Will this be covered as a replacement or refund versus being sent off to be fixed as I only had it 10 days. See email from kevin2me to sales at richersounds. 

Many thanks guys. Kevin

• Advertisement

kevin2me wrote: »
    Hey Guys

I got my 2300 off ye on the 16th and i set it up just before xmas eve. It worked fine for 2 days or so and then xmas day it had a loud pop followed by burning smell. Checked every cable all setup correctly.

I got onto yere shop on 26th and was told I would be emailed return in instructions and address etc but received nothing. Tried calling shop each day since got no answer and no answered from sales team and no replies from the guys on private email thread with the PO.

Could someone get back onto me and ive had no sound all xmas week as a result and its been a bit of a bummer not being able to watch anything while off over xmas. I only use Projector. No TV.

Will this be covered as a replacement or refund versus being sent off to be fixed as I only had it 10 days. See email from kevin2me to sales at richersounds. 

Many thanks guys. Kevin
    Kevin,

apologies for the delay and first off yes of course we will replace it with a new unit or give you a refund.

We are still a little snowed under but if you can cc me again on your mail I will do my very best to get back to you this afternoon with a resolution.

I know you have probably checked this but 90% of the time this type of issue occurs when there is a system short, this can either be just a strand of speaker cable shorting or possibly ( more rarely) it could be a speaker issue.

Anyway - apologies again for the delay and if you drop me a line to sales@richersounds.ie I'll get it sorted for you,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Hey Guys

Many thanks guys. Kevin
    Kevin,

apologies for the delay and first off yes of course we will replace it with a new unit or give you a refund.

We are still a little snowed under but if you can cc me again on your mail I will do my very best to get back to you this afternoon with a resolution.

I know you have probably checked this but 90% of the time this type of issue occurs when there is a system short, this can either be just a strand of speaker cable shorting or possibly ( more rarely) it could be a speaker issue.

Anyway - apologies again for the delay and if you drop me a line to sales@richersounds.ie I'll get it sorted for you,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hey John 

Perfect. Boardies .ie for the win over phone/email 😀  Thanks for the reply mate. I resent email there from 26th. Lwt me know asap and i can post it back today once i here back. 

The Speaker cables where 100% fine so unsure we it blew was fine 2 days too. Maybe give me a bell as be good to know if denon got any protection built into the 2300 just in case too. Maybe 3300 does?

Thanks a mil Kev

Hey Guys

Many thanks guys. Kevin
    Kevin,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hey John 

Perfect. Boardies .ie for the win over phone/email 😀  Thanks for the reply mate. I resent email there from 26th. Lwt me know asap and i can post it back today once i here back. 

The Speaker cables where 100% fine so unsure we it blew was fine 2 days too. Maybe give me a bell as be good to know if denon got any protection built into the 2300 just in case too. Maybe 3300 does?

Thanks a mil Kev
    Both the AVRX2300 & the 3300 do have protection built in but if you are playing at any volume and driving into a dead short then it may not save your amp! ( of course as well the 2300 may be just plain faulty! but we have had virtually no issues with the 2300 to date and we have sold 100's of them!

I'll check out your mail asap and revert,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John,

I can gladly report the Denon 2300 an speakers I received are working great. 
    Will be a bit of a learning curve to get the best out of them but loving what Im hearing so far. :D

Many thanks for the advice, recommendations and wishing you and all the team a very 
    Happy New Year 

B

Hi John,

I can gladly report the Denon 2300 an speakers I received are working great. 
    Will be a bit of a learning curve to get the best out of them but loving what Im hearing so far. :D

Many thanks for the advice, recommendations and wishing you and all the team a very 
    Happy New Year 

B
    Thanks a mill Cableguy!

the AVRX2300 is an excellent piece of kit but it will really benefit from a careful initial set-up then manual 'tweaking' by ear.

Thanks again for the posts and of course the business and as you know we are here if you ever have any issues,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.