Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Account Showing Wrong/ Misleading Balance

Options
  • 22-11-2016 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi

I've noticed that my online current account is frequently showing the wrong or a misleading balance.

An example - last night I checked my balance and took note of the amount.
    This morning, I made a 1 lodgement and 1 purchase.
    When I add the amount I noted last night to today's lodgement and subtract the purchase, I end up with a figure that is €65 more than is actually in my account.

There has been no other direct debits or transactions so I'm at a loss as to where this €65 is.

I'm of the understanding that any time I make a purchase on my debit card, the amount is immediately taken from my account - maybe this is incorrect?

Can you shed any light on this?

It is getting increasingly difficult to make plans based on the assumption that I have x amount in my account and then realise that is not the case!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

hughes81 wrote: »
    Hi

I've noticed that my online current account is frequently showing the wrong or a misleading balance.

An example - last night I checked my balance and took note of the amount.
    This morning, I made a 1 lodgement and 1 purchase.
    When I add the amount I noted last night to today's lodgement and subtract the purchase, I end up with a figure that is €65 more than is actually in my account.

There has been no other direct debits or transactions so I'm at a loss as to where this €65 is.

I'm of the understanding that any time I make a purchase on my debit card, the amount is immediately taken from my account - maybe this is incorrect?

Can you shed any light on this?

It is getting increasingly difficult to make plans based on the assumption that I have x amount in my account and then realise that is not the case!
    Hi Hughes81,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

I’m sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the service.

We do make every effort to ensure that the information we give you about balances online is accurate and complete, the balance on your account will update on the website throughout the day as transactions take place. 

In relation to visa debit card transactions, these may not be reflected fully on your account until the retailer has processed them completely.  I'll certainly pass on your feedback in relation to this.
    Also to mention you can now log onto banking 365 Online and view any pending transactions on your account.

Apologies again and please let me know if you need help with anything else.

Thanks,

Tara C

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

This is a constant problem with Bank of Ireland, I was left very badly stuck last year over Christmas as the balance was incorrect the whole time. Whether on a phone or computer it's all the same, you can't rely on the balance.

This is not a problem for AIB and never has been. As soon as something is paid for unless it's contactless it's debited and reflected in the balance.

Advertisement