Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-skilled worker looking for IEC Visa

Options
  • 22-11-2016 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

Thanks in advance for all replies.

There's a guy that i bump into every now and again around my hometown. He's a 34 year old Romanian national with an Irish passport with a pretty poor standard of English taking into consideration he has been here for a number of years. He has no qualifications and basically just does manual labor.

He told me he used an agency online to try and get the Canadian visa but that they kept requesting money from him without getting anywhere. So he has asked me to help him out because he has no access to internet.

I see that there are two fees of $150 & $100 to apply. I'm just wondering before I apply for him, does he have any real chance of getting a visa? Taking into account his relatively poor English, working history of manual labor and lack of qualifications. Are those fees refunded if his application fails?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

There is no test for the IEC - the only requirements are that you are under 35 and have an Irish passport. You do have to submit a CV too, but I'm not aware of anyone being refused for a poor CV. He might find it tough in Canada though.

Advertisement