Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annes River, Waterford

Options
  • 22-11-2016 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Realise this is a relatively slim chance but is anyone familiar with the Annes River in Waterford - flows by Dunhill and there is, apparently, a fishery on it now and then exits in Annestown. I grew up in the area and we would swim in Annestown but I never really fished the river. As I visit my family fairly frequently (Ballyduff/Knockaderry area) I'm curious whether I could throw a fly in near the strand and have a reasonable expectation of returning a fish or two? Secondly, if someone is familiar with the river, any advice on whether it's club controlled and licensing would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭flounder

Evac101 wrote:
    Realise this is a relatively slim chance but is anyone familiar with the Annes River in Waterford - flows by Dunhill and there is, apparently, a fishery on it now and then exits in Annestown. I grew up in the area and we would swim in Annestown but I never really fished the river. As I visit my family fairly frequently (Ballyduff/Knockaderry area) I'm curious whether I could throw a fly in near the strand and have a reasonable expectation of returning a fish or two? Secondly, if someone is familiar with the river, any advice on whether it's club controlled and licensing would be appreciated.

That fishery is gone the since last year. They couldn't make it work.
    Don't think there is any1 controlling the river. There is a few mullet in the pond behind the strand that might be worth a try aswell

Advertisement