Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"House Limerick" Prices

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,277 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If people are happy that they will get value from paying extra for their pint and a table service then I have no problem with that. I just hope there are enough of them to sustain that business model. Limerick is not a very big place and Limerick drinkers tend to be fickle when it comes to pubs/bars. Everyone goes to the bright and shiny trendy new bar in the beginning. McGettigan's used to be the place to be seen when it first opened but look at it now, nowhere near as packed and frequented by some questionable characters there these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

My bad about the wine prices - the person I know must have been drinking a more expensive wine than the standard house one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

bazz26 wrote: »
    McGettigan's used to be the place to be seen when it first opened but look at it now, nowhere near as packed and frequented by some questionable characters there these days.

McGettigan's was a kip since it opened! Similar kind of place / clientele as the 'new' Ted's.

House is alright. I don't mind going there. Depends who I'm with. Can't imagine Richard Lynch will do much for its popularity, or I could be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

zulutango wrote: »
    McGettigan's was a kip since it opened! Similar kind of place / clientele as the 'new' Ted's.

House is alright. I don't mind going there. Depends who I'm with. Can't imagine Richard Lynch will do much for its popularity, or I could be wrong.

Never went to mcgettigans, never heard good things about it tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭moby2101

Worth a mention also, they offer 1 litre bottles of sparkling and still water free as much as you can drink!!!!! Similar to Hamptons, keep you sober longer so you can drink more!!!!!!!😜

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I walk pass House regularly and have noticed that they appear to be doing a roaring trade during the day with older folks going in for food and afternoon tea.
    I've been in twice in the last week in the evening time and have really enjoyed it. I can't say I notice the prices being particularity high, though I lived in Dublin for years so maybe I'm just immune to high prices. I think House is a really welcome addition to Limerick and I can see myself being a regular there. It's lovely place to catch up with friends and the staff are so attentive and friendly.
    There's no men trying to grope you like there is in many other Limerick establishments.
    Can't say I've come across Richard Lynch yet in there, he's obviously avoiding me or vice versa :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

panda100 wrote: »
    There's no men trying to grope you like there is in many other Limerick establishments.

I've seen you mention this a lot in your posts.

I have to say I am wondering is it that bad an issue? Purely because I have never heard anything similar expressed by the women I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Don't think Mcgettigans was ever big with "in" crowd. Was there twice after it opened and the crowd was a bit rough around the edges even then.
    Wouldnt be a fan at all.

have yet to try House, but going net weekend.

Exeggcute wrote: »
    I've seen you mention this a lot in your posts.

I have to say I am wondering is it that bad an issue? Purely because I have never heard anything similar expressed by the women I know.

I presume most women experience it to some degree but others tolerate it more than others. I used to just go along with it when I was in my 20's and rarely made an issue out of it but have stopped accepting that sort of behaviour in the last few years.
    It usually takes the form of suggestive, sexually loaded comments being directed at you or you might have a guy harassing you for the night when you have clearly shown you are not interested or made up that you had a boyfriend. Later in the night if you decide to have a bit of a boogie then you will always get a guy coming up behind you trying to dance with you. Nancy's is really bad for this in particular. I'm all for chatting to people on nights out and am generally a friendly person but I have definitely noticed that there can be an intimidating or even nasty edge to it in many of the popular night spots in Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Happens to guys too. Some people (both men and women) can be very inappropriate with their hands!! A guy is unlikely to feel threatened but it can be uncomfortable all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

Nancy's is the worst place I've ever seen for inappropriate behaviour like that, maybe because it's packed so tightly and everyone is on top of each other?

Among my group of friends a few have been grabbed, we've had lots of rude comments and two have been bitten on the shoulder from behind (I wish I was joking). A friend of a friend was kicked in the backside by some idiot trying to get her attention.

It's the only place around that we've had those kind of experiences regularly though.

le_girl wrote: »
    Nancy's is the worst place I've ever seen for inappropriate behaviour like that, maybe because it's packed so tightly and everyone is on top of each other?

Among my group of friends a few have been grabbed, we've had lots of rude comments and two have been bitten on the shoulder from behind (I wish I was joking). A friend of a friend was kicked in the backside by some idiot trying to get her attention.

It's the only place around that we've had those kind of experiences regularly though.

Ah I forgot the old being kicked in the backside to get your attention technique! Always lovely to be treated the same way as you would livestock on a night out. Nancy's is the worst but you also get it in Flannerys, the Icon, Tom Collins and to a certain extent, Costello's, especially later in the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭goochy

you must be really hot panda 1000 ! :)

goochy wrote:
    you must be really hot panda 1000 !

Nope, i think it happens to women regardless of what you look like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭goochy

not being cocky but not the worst looking guy around , I have had complete strangers ( women !!) do things like that and aside from being embarrassed I didn't like it so I understand what women mean - its not flattering like some people think !

panda100 wrote: »
    Ah I forgot the old being kicked in the backside to get your attention technique! Always lovely to be treated the same way as you would livestock on a night out. Nancy's is the worst but you also get it in Flannerys, the Icon, Tom Collins and to a certain extent, Costello's, especially later in the night.

Tom Collins? Really? Fair enough about the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭wigsa100

Nancy's have been putting up the prices of drinks after midnight for as long as I've been in Limerick. People are just too pissed to realise or care at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Reildogg

It was 4.90 for a Guinness in Clohessy's.

Advertisement