If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non Ultra HD TV

Options
  • 22-11-2016 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

Hi,

I've been doing some research on buying a TV. I bought my last one with yourselves a Samsung 40" (UE40H6400).  I've been very happy with it so far. We are going to put that TV in thr kitchen/lounge area so will need one to replace it in the sitting room. 

Size wise - I'd look for 40-43". However from my research primarily on AV Forums, there are a lot of posts about Ultra HD TVs having a poor picture when viewing SD channels. I don't watch a whole lot of TV and have a basic SKY package so this would be an issue. 

So, what HD tv would you recommend? I'd nearly buy the 6400 again if it was at a good price. 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Buyingcar 2012,

The 40H6400 is well finished now and TBH I think that most of the reports of poor SD on 4K TV is just because the panels may be poor - of course TV's are optimised for 4K but the quality of a 4K panel and processing especially if the TV is HDR as well will be better than most non-4K panels.

If it was me and you wanted a great deal, to stick with Samsung which you are happy with I would go with the UE40KU6020 which has just been radically reduced in our Black Friday promo ( which is kicking off early!) at £349 / €449 there is very little to touch it! 

Have a look at it here:
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202314-ue40ku6020.aspx

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Buyingcar2012

Hi Buyingcar 2012,

The 40H6400 is well finished now and TBH I think that most of the reports of poor SD on 4K TV is just because the panels may be poor - of course TV's are optimised for 4K but the quality of a 4K panel and processing especially if the TV is HDR as well will be better than most non-4K panels.

If it was me and you wanted a great deal, to stick with Samsung which you are happy with I would go with the UE40KU6020 which has just been radically reduced in our Black Friday promo ( which is kicking off early!) at £349 / €449 there is very little to touch it! 

Have a look at it here:

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks for the reply John. Out of interest, anything else you'd recommend?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Buyingcar 2012,

Have a look at it here:

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks for the reply John. Out of interest, anything else you'd recommend?
    The UE40KU6020 is actually quite hard to beat - but if like me you like a natural picture with excellent motion processing than do have a look at the Panasonic TX40DX600 which looks great:
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201943-viera-tx40dx600b.aspx

Keep us posted :)

ATVB,

John Mc 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.