Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of eir phone/broadband

Options
  • 22-11-2016 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    Thinking of joining eir for broadband and phone. I've couple of questions first. At moment we have virgin media paying roughly 40 euro per month for broadband and phone. 240mb broadband. I checked the eir website and I can get 100mb at our house (lusk County Dublin)

My questions are
    1) can the eir router / modem be run in bridged mode? I have an Asus ac router which I want to continue using.
    2) will I notice a degrade on performance going down to 100mb?
    3) my virgin modem is behind our TV. Can the eir equipment be placed in same place?
    4) I have sky and currently paying eir sports subscription. I assume this would be free?
    5) what are the bundle options for phone and broadband?
    Thanks,
    Mick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi folks,
    Thinking of joining eir for broadband and phone. I've couple of questions first. At moment we have virgin media paying roughly 40 euro per month for broadband and phone. 240mb broadband. I checked the eir website and I can get 100mb at our house (lusk County Dublin)

My questions are
    1) can the eir router / modem be run in bridged mode? I have an Asus ac router which I want to continue using.
    2) will I notice a degrade on performance going down to 100mb?
    3) my virgin modem is behind our TV. Can the eir equipment be placed in same place?
    4) I have sky and currently paying eir sports subscription. I assume this would be free?
    5) what are the bundle options for phone and broadband?
    Thanks,
    Mick
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]micks_address,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch & your interest in joining eir. :D [/font]
    • Bridging a modem is not supported by eir (It can conflict with recommended settings) but that's not to say users can't explore this at their own discretion.
    • More than likely you will see a difference as you are availing of different speeds.
    • Normally your master socket will be located just inside your door. Should you wish to move this connection any qualified electrician will be able to arrange this for you so you can place the modem behind the TV.
    • Yes it would be however you would need to arrange cancellation of your current subscription with the eir Sport team on 0818271416.
    • You can view all the options online here

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭micks_address

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]micks_address,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch & your interest in joining eir. :D [/font]
    • Bridging a modem is not supported by eir (It can conflict with recommended settings) but that's not to say users can't explore this at their own discretion.
    • More than likely you will see a difference as you are availing of different speeds.
    • Normally your master socket will be located just inside your door. Should you wish to move this connection any qualified electrician will be able to arrange this for you so you can place the modem behind the TV.
    • Yes it would be however you would need to arrange cancellation of your current subscription with the eir Sport team on 0818271416.

Thanks Pam,
    Re bridging is it possible? I don't care re supported
    Regards,
    Mick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

[*]

[*]

Thanks Pam,
    Re bridging is it possible? I don't care re supported
    Regards,
    Mick
    [*]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]micks_address,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]yes it's possible.[/font]

Advertisement