Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Rumble 2017 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Clever booking out of WWE if you read between the lines they knew the crowd would **** all over orton knocking out Taker, Jericho so they brought back Reigns to do it and then Orton all of a sudden doesn't seem as bad ....anyone other than Reigns

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Reigns aerival and eliminations was a genius way to make Orton winning acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

I accepted years ago that Wrestlemania isn't for me. Random B ppvs are more fun. I guess it makes sense that the Rumble match that leads to Mania be added to that pile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Well that was bad, where was Balor, Joe, Angle? Gave us nothing, just Roman and Randy as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

Did anyone thing it was a short ppv,not enough matches

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Seriously if Reigns beats Taker at Mania I'm done with WWE

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I doubt Bray will be in the title picture. I can't see AJ disappearing before Mania nor do I see Cena holding the title for a month. Bray is more than likely doing a program with Luke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Yea the lack of balor or samao joe is very dissapointing

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

2017 and as it stands we're facing a Cena/Orton main event at Wrestlemania.... Was fun until Roman entered, can't believe Joe didn't get a spot!

It is not even 4 yet, so there some good news.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I thought the rumble match was good. Not sure why it had to be Roman coming out at the end. Shouldnt a heel knock out taker?

Don't know why anyone would think Balor or Angle to be there. I did want to see some random old guys as surprises though and thought Joe was nailed on. Probably for the best he didn't debut just to get eliminated like a geek.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Me_Grapes

I for one could have accepted Orton winning, if it meant not having to see that charisma black hole, I was dying to see Joe or Angle. There wasn't one worthwhile surprise.

See also, Enzo feckin Amore.

Can't believe they did no surprises, that was really stupid. It's one of the main attractions of the show for the casual fan.

Ugh

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I think my favourite part of the Rumble was having Tye come out at #10. That was brilliant.

Goldberg steamrolling through Lesnar was a good addition to the story they're telling with those guys. At least this Rumble had that.

cian68 wrote: »
    Goldberg steamrolling through Lesnar was a good addition to the story they're telling with those guys. At least this Rumble had that.

Yeah, I loved that. It was genius.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

martyos121 wrote: »
    Why do they go to such lengths every year to ruin the same event over and over again? It's not hard to book a good Rumble match, yet they've somehow had four in a row.

Yeah 4 bad endings in a row now, and this year the whole match was crap, almost no excitement at all. Even the Kofi spot was meh.

I thought the rumble match was good. Not sure why it had to be Roman coming out at the end. Shouldnt a heel knock out taker?

but how else are they meant to show you how strong Roman is?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Loughc wrote: »
    Nope Bray to win EC and have Wyatt Orton.

Nah.

The announcers made a specific statement that the winner would main event Wrestlemania. Hence why we'll most likely get Cena/Orton, that's what draws the casuals. Bray is not main event at mania material.

What a muck rumble, zero legit excitement or surprises. No angle, samoa joe, fergal devitt etc. That's me out for another year pretty much at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

No real surprises. The only positive from the RR match was at least it wasn't Reigns again. Nice little thing between Lesnar/Goldberg/Taker.

AJ/Cena was awesome.

But I see it been Orton/Bray/Harper match for WWE title. See Cena dropping it at EC PPV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Serious lack of surprises in the Rumble entrants aside from Tye which a lot of people were half expecting. No need to have for example all of New Day, both Enzo and Cass. As others have said Reigns clearly used to make Orton winning seem like a good thing. Enjoyed the PPV overall aside from that, the two title matches were great.

Cena's 16th title reign will be a short one.

Really thought #30 was going to be a huge name once Taker, Goldberg and Lesnar entered.

****ing Reigns

Yeah 4 bad endings in a row now, and this year the whole match was crap, almost no excitement at all. Even the Kofi spot was meh.

It wasn't crap, it had a sense that anybody could win it that the rumble has been missing for a while.

I say a good few fans would have laugh at you if you told them Randy is going to be in the main event this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I didn't even notice the lack of surprises. I was enjoying the match enough for it not to be a factor, until that tool showed his face.

Jester252 wrote: »
    I say a good few fans would have laugh at you if you told them Randy is going to be in the main event this morning.

I still would since he's not going to be in the main event. Except by WWE logic where Mania has three or four main events. QUADRUPLE MAIN EVENT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Digitalism wrote: »
    Nah.

The announcers made a specific statement that the winner would main event Wrestlemania. Hence why we'll most likely get Cena/Orton, that's what draws the casuals. Bray is not main event at mania material.

Every match at WM is a "main event" sure I think they had 4 main events last year. Edge vs Del Rio was a "main event" a few years ago for the WHC. It will be Orton vs Wyatt for the WWE Title at Wrestlemania. Cena will probably face Samoa Joe. Looks like Roman vs Taker and Goldberg vs Brock, one of which will probably involve the Universal Title and close the show. HHH Rollins is also a lock.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I think I'll be having nightmares about the prospect of another Orton vs Cena feud.

• Advertisement

cian68 wrote: »
    I still would since he's not going to be in the main event. Except by WWE logic where Mania has three or four main events. QUADRUPLE MAIN EVENT

Why stop at 4? If all the matches are co-main events, it will be the BIGGEST WRESTLEMAINA EVER.

Advertisement