Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Rumble 2017 *Spoilers*

Options
1232425262729»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

I was actually expecting Kane at 30 tbh. Thought he had so many appearances in a row. Brothers of destruction v Wyatt and Orton final four would of been interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 33,235 ✭✭✭✭CSF

They absolutely knew what they were doing which is very sad. No matter how much credit you give creative, they know the guys that people were hoping for to be number 30.

They know people are hoping for the likes of Undertaker, Goldberg, Lesnar from the established guys or Balor, Joe, Nakamura from the NXT guys. They know that the furthest opposite end of the spectrum for said fans is Roman Reigns. They do that, there is no way that is coincidental. Clearly the last 3 years of fan reaction to the Rumble has been taken badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

I just caught the last few minutes of the Rumble but what on earth were they thinking when they decided that Roman would be "The Guy" to eliminate The Undertaker? I have nothing against Roman Reigns as a person obviously but at this stage they should either have 3 scenarios with him. 1. Push him back to mid card status giving the audience a bit of a break from him and let him build himself back up again. 2. Bring back the Shield as a faction so he has teammates to bounce off. Obviously they'll be faces. 3. Let him go on an extended holiday where he can go back behind the scenes and work on promos and in ring ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

KKkitty wrote: »
    I just caught the last few minutes of the Rumble but what on earth were they thinking when they decided that Roman would be "The Guy" to eliminate The Undertaker? I have nothing against Roman Reigns as a person obviously but at this stage they should either have 3 scenarios with him. 1. Push him back to mid card status giving the audience a bit of a break from him and let him build himself back up again. 2. Bring back the Shield as a faction so he has teammates to bounce off. Obviously they'll be faces. 3. Let him go on an extended holiday where he can go back behind the scenes and work on promos and in ring ability.

Here's what i'd do- TURN HIM. The guy getting the most heel heat is "The Guy"

Let him try what The Rock did, turn heel and let loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Here's what i'd do- TURN HIM. The guy getting the most heel heat is "The Guy"

Let him try what The Rock did, turn heel and let loose.

WWE just seems hell bent on him being a face that that's what I think they should do. The majority of his family worked well being faces so the WWE think he will too. They've gone about it all wrong obviously. Maybe Roman doesn't want to be a heel either so is doing what he can to achieve that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Roman was 2nd in PWI Wrestler of the Year and 1st in PWI Most Hated Wrestler. He could work as a heel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Number 30 always seemed like a bitch spot to me. In or around that spot always seemed to be for either the guy who couldn't go very long for whatever reason (injury or age) or for the heel.

So I'm glad that Joe didn't come in at that number. He's supposed to be a monster and a wrecking ball, not the guy who gets the luck of the draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Number 30 should have been Donald Trump.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Roman would be a phenomenal heel, especially if they align him with the Authority and play up the whole "He's our guy!2 stihck. He looks like a heel, talks like a heel, fights like a heel and is generally the a-hole in his feuds. They wouldn't have to change anything about him; just start putting him against good guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Roman would be a phenomenal heel, especially if they align him with the Authority and play up the whole "He's our guy!2 stihck. He looks like a heel, talks like a heel, fights like a heel and is generally the a-hole in his feuds. They wouldn't have to change anything about him; just start putting him against good guys.

Completely agree with this. He basically does everything a heel already does except fight the faces and cheat to win (which badass heels don't do anyway).

He was in the Rumble for two reasons, to set up the Undertaker match (fight a face) and to ensure Orton got a huge pop when he won.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Would it not be too late to do this after last year's fued with the authority and the HHH vs. Reigns at Mania last year.

Two of the best times to have turned him I think was the Survivor Series he won and lost the title, could have done a throw back to the 98 deadly games SS with Reigns joining the authority or the night after Mania with his I'm not a good guy, I'm not a bad guy promo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

When was the last time you were completely happy with the Royal Rumble winner? Chris Benoit, in 2004, for me. The ones from 2005-2010 were alright, I guess, but ever since the 40 man Rumble, they've been terrible. Especially the last few Batista/Reigns/Triple H debacles.

As I've done for the past few years, for about a month before the Rumble show, I avoid wrestling news and rumors, so Orton winning was a genuine surprise. A boring, confusing, surprise. Quick, when was last time Orton main evented a PPV with the WWE Title on the line? 20 months ago, at Payback, May 2015. Sure he can main event a B-PPV like that, but I (like most, I imagine), thought his time as a WrestleMania main eventer was long gone. Orton vs. Wyatt/Cena? Yawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

When was the last time you were completely happy with the Royal Rumble winner? Chris Benoit, in 2004, for me. The ones from 2005-2010 were alright, I guess, but ever since the 40 man Rumble, they've been terrible. Especially the last few Batista/Reigns/Triple H debacles.

Brock in 03 and Benoit in 04, would have been 13/14 so was more invested in who won rather than now where I just wanna see good wrasslin first and maybe an okay storyline.

Back then you'd boo the heels and cheer the faces where now I just wanna see the heels win and couldn't give a toss about the faces apart from when Zayn came up but poor booking has him like meh now to me. Was hoping he'd pull out number one the other night and go the longest in the Rumble and try to build up some momentum again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

He even tweets like a heel.

https://twitter.com/WWERomanReigns/status/826300883310886913

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think after Big Show got eliminated, he should've come back in later on as a heel, similar to how Foley has entered 3 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I think after Big Show got eliminated, he should've come back in later on as a heel, similar to how Foley has entered 3 times.

I really think a multiple personality disorder gimmick could work with him, at the very least as a comedy character.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

martyos121 wrote: »
    I really think a multiple personality disorder gimmick could work with him, at the very least as a comedy character.

My brother said it before with the brand split there is a perfect opportunity you could have him as a smiling face on Raw & a fùck off, please retire heel on Smackdown.

Advertisement