Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Rumble 2017 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I saw a comment on youtube that was great.

'The Miz needs to come out #30 in the Royal Rumble to Daniel Bryan's theme. Would be perfect heel heat.'

I want this to happen purely for the crowd reaction to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I want this to happen purely for the crowd reaction to it.

The Miz coming out and killing a puppy would also get some heat

I think I'd actually cry if this happened

The Miz coming out and killing a puppy would also get some heat

I think I'd actually cry if this happened

Ah jeez you had to bring a puppy into it :pac:

Just when you hear it & think Bryan's back, it cuts to Miz's theme, hook, line, sinker tug at the heart strings/fooled you moment.

Ah jeez you had to bring a puppy into it :pac:

Just when you hear it & think Bryan's back, it cuts to Miz's theme, hook, line, sinker tug at the heart strings/fooled you moment.

I could take it as a heel moment anywhere but the Rumble

Miz beating up some goof after, I dunno Mojo Rawley, and Bryan's music hits and Miz goes on the mic to say Bryan can't come out cause he can't fight

Only way I'd be able for it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I would love if this happened it would be amazing

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

LeeJM wrote: »
    Why would a title win for Cena and a Strowman Rumble win cause a backlash?

Cena is one of the best characters and best wrestlers in the world. He cut one of the best promos this decade last week. He has a purpose to reclaim the WWE Title and tie the record for most title wins ever.

And Strowman is one of the best booked destroyers since Goldberg in WCW circa 1998. Yes in ring he isnt gonna deliver a ****** match like some of Meltzers favourites but so what. Havnt people being complaining for years about no new stars and yet when a young new guy is pushed and booked superbly to the point that he is a viable Royal Rumble winner within 18 months of his main roster debut, all of a sudden you wanna boycott the Network? Or its Vince pushing a muscle guy.....Jesus WWE cant win with some people

I assume this was meant for my post since I mentioned a boycott?

Nothing wrong with one or two of the listed things happening but if all three happen it would wind a lot of people up. They would have to find the right balance between the Muscle Guys and the more indy guys to make people accept it.

If all three happened and then the shows become all about those three with the part timers (Brock, Goldberg, Triple H, Taker) I can see a lot of people saying no thanks. But I don't think they will go to that extreme with it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I hope they are ready for the backlash if Tye Dillinger doesn't come out at #10

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I hope they are ready for the backlash if Tye Dillinger doesn't come out at #10

It's so simple, how could they not, it'd just be silly not to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

the backlash being all the countdowns being "Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! TEN!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

All this talk about Tye Dillinger entering as number 10 is kind of annoying me. But saying that, I think it'd be great to see the reaction if when the countdown for the 10th entrant gets to the buzzer with the crowd chanting "TEN TEN TEN", nothing happens for a few seconds, building anticipation, only for someone like Ellsworth or Bo Dallas to come out. Then have Dillinger come out number 11......I think it would just be fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Will Dillinger even elicit that big a reaction for "10!" chants to catch on? He's a mid-card guy in an NXT that has waned recently.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

J. Marston wrote: »
    Will Dillinger even elicit that big a reaction for "10!" chants to catch on? He's a mid-card guy in an NXT that has waned recently.

The Rumble is usually pretty smarky, like most of the big PPVs. The audience who will be there absolutely will be the type who give Tye a big reaction.

J. Marston wrote: »

With the reaction he'll get from the more hardcore fans that will be at the Rumble, it'll make him seem a big deal to the casuals or those that don't watch NXT

One thing that could be annoying about the Rumble is that since it's in a stadium, the pops won't seem the same as in a closed arena

• Registered Users Posts: 29,134 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah sure we've heard a number of times now when the fans are shouting 10 when the ref is doing his 10 count.

I think he will have a better shot in Smackdown anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Plus you've got takeover the night before and fans will probably go to both and I think Dillenger has a match that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,458 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

ATM I think either a returning Finn Balor or Goldberg will win the rumble match.

It's Seems Undertaker won't be challenging for a title at mania so can't see him winning the rumble,

Too early for guys like Corbain and Strowman too win it

Outside chance of Y2J, Miz and Lesner winning it

Love too see a surprise winner like Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe or a debuting Kenny Omega

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Just looking at the announced rumble participants and a lot of them are big names, i wonder if there wont be much surprises this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

WWE have been uploading matches on their channel from previous years ppv to promote the network.

They uploaded the 2009 & 2012 Royal Rumble Matches. 2012 below.

Kurt Angle to enter and win the rumble

go on to beat John Cena or Aj Styles at mania for the title ??

• Registered Users Posts: 60,700 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm guessing the announced Angle for the HoF to try and boost numbers for the Rumble hoping people will sign up to the Network hoping he will have a spot.

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »

The best we can hope for is for Angle to enter the Rumble and have a program set up with Rusev

If they haven't signed the guy for the last couple of years because he can't pass a medical they won't put him in one of the main matches at Mania

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Not a chance of that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The best we can hope for is for Angle to enter the Rumble and have a program set up with Rusev

If they haven't signed the guy for the last couple of years because he can't pass a medical they won't put him in one of the main matches at Mania

Lana teasing it...

https://twitter.com/lanawwe/status/821205603511111681

• Registered Users Posts: 29,134 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

My prediction for the rumble and beyond is
    I'd say Reigns will win the title at the Rumble, AJ will retain and a SD guy will win the Rumble match. Unless they go by the rules from the last split where the winner chooses which brand's title he fights for and raw guy chooses SD. That way Reigns continues feuding with Owens and Cena is just filling the title picture until the Rumble decides the WM contender

Speaking of, any word on if the Rumble winner can choose which brand's title he fights for?

Looking like a raw star will win the rumble as SD have announced there will be an EC match at there next PPV for the title (can't see much sense in there being a SD rumble winner as they would be just sitting back watching everything unfold at the EC) but this is WWE where anything can happen

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Looking like a raw star will win the rumble as SD have announced there will be an EC match at there next PPV for the title (can't see much sense in there being a SD rumble winner as they would be just sitting back watching everything unfold at the EC) but this is WWE where anything can happen

What if they allow the winner to choose which title they go for like the old days? That'd blow it wide open again and puts a lot of different main event options on the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,011 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well in the past the brand with no PPV before mania normally won as the other brand had the elimination chamber to pick a no1 contender for that brands world title. But according to wiki raw and smackdown will have a PPV of their own between the rumble and mania.

I love how the fact there's a WWE title match in the chamber probably means the winner will come from the Raw side, yet there's still a lot of possible winners

Who on the Smackdown side could be a possible winner anyway? Miz maybe and thats it

I love how the fact there's a WWE title match in the chamber probably means the winner will come from the Raw side, yet there's still a lot of possible winners

Who on the Smackdown side could be a possible winner anyway? Miz maybe and thats it

The Undertaker

• Advertisement

The Undertaker

Is he Smackdown? Returned to Raw didn't he, could well win and take on Cena

Advertisement