Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Rumble 2017 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Taker seems to be unaffiliated and can be on any show.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,134 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I know why they don't do it, but for once I would like to see a genuine surprise winner at the Rumble. We have 30 guys there, who are mostly just making up the numbers. But since they always bill it as anyone can win and earn a main event at Mania, I would like a lower card guy to win. Imagine the shock if someone like R Truth or Tyler Breeze won.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I know why they don't do it, but for once I would like to see a genuine surprise winner at the Rumble. We have 30 guys there, who are mostly just making up the numbers. But since they always bill it as anyone can win and earn a main event at Mania, I would like a lower card guy to win. Imagine the shock if someone like R Truth or Tyler Breeze won.

The time to do that was when there was 2 titles

I know Jericho was the favourite but was it mad for Sheamus to win it in 2012? Or Del Rio in 2011? Benoit in 2004? That level of mid card guys is as low as you'll ever see I'd imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I think the Undertaker will win.

Others who could shock:

Seth Rollins
    The Miz
    Bray Wyatt

They're all guys that are among the likely ones. But remember the year Santino was one of the final 2 and people actually thought he could do it? Now that would've been a shock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

I think the Undertaker will win.

Others who could shock:

Seth Rollins
    The Miz
    Bray Wyatt

Braun ftw, he's someone who you believe can win but would be a shock if he did given how green he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I really think its totally open this year. if AJ or owens retains it opens it up even more. im not expecting either to retain tbh.

i keep getting the feeling HBK will make a comeback i dont why except that its in his hometown but i keep thinking of it. i dont want him to come back really as he seems completly happy in his retirement unlike most wrestlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I think it's between Taker, Strowman and Balor.

Taker if Cena wins earlier on and they still want to do Cena vs Taker although it looks like taker may go onto next year's mania so maybe they'll hold off for another year.

If Reigns wins then Strowman becomes a very likely winner and if Ownes retains then Balor makes a lot of sense seeing as he never lost that belt to Owens.

So one of :

Cena vs Taker
    Strowman vs Reigns
    Owens vs Balor

Although I won't rule out Owens retaining through Jericho interference and reigns to win the belt anyway before mania.

Out of those matches id be happy with Cena and taker for the spectacle or Owens vs Balor for the actual ability to put on the best match (which imo is what the main event should be).

............ and Stowman and Reigns gives Vince a chance to get his rocks off.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Wonder if we see a ref bump in the Owens/Reign match you could have Jericho drop the US title belt to Owens so he can use to get a 2 count on reigns (no way he would get a 3 count on reigns :pac::pac: )

For taker i only really see two ways of going. he wins it or braun costs him/eliminates him from the rumble.

i cant see anyone else going againist taker then cena or braun at mania

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Have the Miz come out to either Daniel Bryans music or HBKs music..... heel heat a plenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,458 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

But is Finn Balor not going to be cleared to Wrestle til around March ???

Suppose he could come in late in the match and do a minimal amount of work and maybe eliminate Rollins (who injured him in the first place)

Every irish person in the world watching will celebrate if he wins (Sheamus done us proud in 2012 but Balor winning the rumble has something about it)

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

If micheal cole has thought me anything Surely Big show is odds on favourite to win it for the 15th year running who can eliminate the big man ???

Jokes aside probably one of the most open royal rumbles there has been in years

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Have the Miz come out to either Daniel Bryans music or HBKs music..... heel heat a plenty.

If the Miz doesn't come out to Daniel Bryans music it's a wasted opportunity at heel heat. While he can easily generate heel heat whenever this would be the cherry on top especially if he was to come out at number 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

PTH2009 wrote: »
    But is Finn Balor not going to be cleared to Wrestle til around March ???

God knows, Ill never believe an official word. He may return he may not.
    Suppose he could come in late in the match and do a minimal amount of work and maybe eliminate Rollins (who injured him in the first place)

He very well could. Id say him and Rollins wont be against eachother unless the turn Balor heel, which I doubt they will.
    Every irish person in the world watching will celebrate if he wins (Sheamus done us proud in 2012 but Balor winning the rumble has something about it)

Sheamus won one of the worst rumbles ever. It was just so poor and the finish was a huge let down as he was clearly a mid card act and went on to fight for the mid card title rather than be pushed into the Main event. While its not Sheamos fault, he hardly did us proud either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Be interesting to see how big the show is given it's a stadium show.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Wonder if we see a ref bump in the Owens/Reign match you could have Jericho drop the US title belt to Owens so he can use to get a 2 count on reigns (no way he would get a 3 count on reigns :pac::pac: )
    And he knows it! (From 50 seconds)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Ive been watching a load of royal rumbles and random battle royals recently. Apart from bubba ray dudley throwing him out a couple of years ago the miz usually does a spot where he gets thrown under the top rope and hides for ages. Didnt he go to the commentary booth last year for 5-10 minutes before he got into the match?

Anyway i expect him to do something similiar

Watching this week's NXT the fans started chanting Royal Rumble number 10 to Tye Dillinger. Doesn't that make it more likely that it won't happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

The Tye thing is one of those cases. It has now been suggested a trillion times on the internet at this stage.

Like number 30 Daniel Bryan a few years back people will be expecting it and if they don't get it rattles will be thrown out of the pram.

Wouldn't hold my breath towards the possibility of it happening.

• Advertisement

If ever there's a time to run the "guy debuts and wins the rumble" story, it's now, and its with an NXT guy.

Joe winning, and then spending a few weeks deciding which champ to challange, both shows trying to poach him cause he's unaffiliated....

My heart is on Joe right now. I know it won't happen. But I'd love to see it.

So if numer 10 isn't Tye, we can expect him to get the Sin Cara treatment. So that's the time to have Miz come out to Byan's music. :)

one week to go cant wait

most of the time the PPV was always the same night at the NFL playoff finals

• Registered Users Posts: 86,715 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ive been watching a load of royal rumbles and random battle royals recently. Apart from bubba ray dudley throwing him out a couple of years ago the miz usually does a spot where he gets thrown under the top rope and hides for ages. Didnt he go to the commentary booth last year for 5-10 minutes before he got into the match?

Anyway i expect him to do something similiar

I didn't think I would ever be one saying this but I wouldn't be opposed to Miz winning the RR

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I didn't think I would ever be one saying this but I wouldn't be opposed to Miz winning the RR

Aside from AJ Styles he's been the star of smackdown he would absolutely deserve to win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

If AJ was to retain his title and they go with Taker Cena on its own not for the title I'd love to see AJ vs Miz for the title at Mania

Have AJ turn face by saving Daniel Bryan from an attack by The Miz or something like that

If AJ was to retain his title and they go with Taker Cena on its own not for the title I'd love to see AJ vs Miz for the title at Mania

Have AJ turn face by saving Daniel Bryan from an attack by The Miz or something like that

Then have Bryan turn heel at mania and cost Styles the match. Miz/Bryan partnership

Then have Bryan turn heel at mania and cost Styles the match. Miz/Bryan partnership

cYanmPn.gif

Austin/ vince handshake from wm17 all over again

• Advertisement

A stable with Bryan leading "overlooked, underappreciated" stars who he favours while controlling SD. Miz as champ, Ziggler as the IC level guy, grab a tag team and a Diva.

Well, ****. Now thats what I want.

Advertisement