Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Rumble 2017 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Imagine Cena as part of that group as a heel, mad for the 16th title that he just can't win but his sort of brother in law keeps giving him the chance to win it

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

If AJ was to retain his title and they go with Taker Cena on its own not for the title I'd love to see AJ vs Miz for the title at Mania

Have AJ turn face by saving Daniel Bryan from an attack by The Miz or something like that
    PTH2009 wrote: »
    Then have Bryan turn heel at mania and cost Styles the match. Miz/Bryan partnership
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    cYanmPn.gif
    sky88 wrote: »
    Austin/ vince handshake from wm17 all over again
    A stable with Bryan leading "overlooked, underappreciated" stars who he favours while controlling SD. Miz as champ, Ziggler as the IC level guy, grab a tag team and a Diva.

Well, ****. Now thats what I want.
    Imagine Cena as part of that group as a heel, mad for the 16th title that he just can't win but his sort of brother in law keeps giving him the chance to win it

All of the above to borrow from The Miz would be AWESOME :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,134 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Thanks to whoever created a separate thread for surprise appearances as I would like to avoid them but still talk about the Rumble.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Thanks to whoever created a separate thread for surprise appearances as I would like to avoid them but still talk about the Rumble.

Yeah. I'll be going dark in a few days with regards spoilers. Love being shocked and surprised by it :D

I'm expecting Reigns to lose too Owens due to outside interference filled by a massive beatdown. Then during the Rumble he hobbles to the ring as an entrant and goes on to win, because Vince knows we love an underdog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I'm expecting Reigns to lose too Owens due to outside interference filled by a massive beatdown. Then during the Rumble he hobbles to the ring as an entrant and goes on to win, because Vince knows we love an underdog

I was only talking about this earlier to a friend. I fear WWE are mad enough to do it as well :eek:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id love if they had Sami Zayn win the rumble as a complete surprise , then have Steph then try to be all nice and happy that he won the RR for RAW only for him to decide to go and challenge for the WWE title

• Registered Users Posts: 86,716 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

If someone from Raw wins the RR, do they only have option to challenge for Raw world title or is both world titles an option?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    If someone from Raw wins the RR, do they only have option to challenge for Raw world title or is both world titles an option?

They haven't really said, I think. Except for Goldberg saying he wants the Universal title, it's not been addressed.

Kick off show starts at 10:00, Main show starts at midnight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,458 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I suggest watching a 1 hour doc called 'The True Story Of The Royal Rumble'. Its gives a small history of the event, stand out moments and a WWE 24 type look at the 2016 Royal Rumble

Available on DVD/Blu Ray and Amazon Video

Maybe I missed it, but is this gonna be a 4 hour show? I assume so with a 12 start time

Maybe I missed it, but is this gonna be a 4 hour show? I assume so with a 12 start time

Yeah it's gonna be a 4 hour show.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Yeah it's gonna be a 4 hour show.

6 if you count the preshow that starts at 10.

6 if you count the preshow that starts at 10.

Aye forgot that, I never bother with the pre-show.

Though I'll get my 6 hours with the 2 hour NXT Takeover: San Antonio, so that and the Rumble is good enough for me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

MrMac84 wrote: »
    So is it three per category?

No three in total and points can't go over 10.

Isn't there usually a sweepstake? :)

Was loking at the list of participants so far. 13 Raw and 8 SD, if you count Taker as SD and Goldberg as Raw.
    How come all 3 New Day members are in, yet Enzo isn't?

So Mojo Rawley will be in the rumble match. Doubt he will win

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Could they not have given the UK lads a bit of a showcase instead of Nia Jaxx and Sasha Banks?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Could they not have given the UK lads a bit of a showcase instead of Nia Jaxx and Sasha Banks?

Maybe they will do both (spots in the rumble still available though I'll leave that for the speculation thread)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

They would just be geeks in the Rumble match, I mean a nice 6 man tag and let them go all out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭kittyeater102

PTH2009 wrote: »
    So Mojo Rawley will be in the rumble match. Doubt he will win
    You doubt it? seriously? I think he's got a great chance. Top 3 favourite at least.

Naomi, Nikki and Becky vs Mickie, Alexa and Nattie added to the card (I think to the pre-show)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

6 hours! WWE greatly overestimates the stamina of its fans.

In one way you have to give them credit because this is legitimately the most unpredictable Rumble match in years. On the other hand, the very reason it's so unpredictable is because they've once again failed to build a single, standout full time star and thd question is will they let one of the old part timers challenge for, and win, a World Title at Wrestlemania. In a topsy-turvy way, WWE's booking failures throughout the year leads to a more exciting match.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

except for the rumble and AJ/cena i have no interest in the rest of the card.

So the following are in the rumble
    The Undertaker
    Goldberg
    Brock Lesnar
    Big Show
    Dean Ambrose
    The Miz
    Sami Zayn
    Dolph Ziggler
    Big E
    Xavier Woods
    Kofi Kingston
    Bray Wyatt
    Randy Orton
    Luke Harper
    Mojo Rawley
    Braun Strowman
    Chris Jericho
    Baron Corbin
    Cesaro
    Sheamus
    Big Cass
    Rusev
    (22)
    8 Spots remain

have a feeling Seth Rollins will turn heel and attack Sami Zayn backstage and take his place or he will attack James Ellsworth (or someother low card superstar) and takes his place in the match. A returning Finn Balor or an interfereing Triple H will cost rollins the match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Honestly they could put in 8 jobbers and this would be the strongest line up ever cant remember one like this before.

Advertisement