Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Rumble 2017 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Fantastic booking by wwe in setting up this years rumble. I have no idea who will win it but im gonna have a guess and say finn balor to return and get the win. He was pushed to the moon until hie injury so i reckon if hes fit he will enter and win it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

You doubt it? seriously? I think he's got a great chance. Top 3 favourite at least.

Please be joking.

The ONLY reason he's on TV is because he's good friends with some NFL player. That's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Mojo Rawley winning the Royal Rumble? Hmm

ddb.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

He will used as cannon fodder for lesnar !

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

He will used as cannon fodder for lesnar !

Or Goldberg..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I think this is the perfect year for somebody to enter at #1 and go all the way and win the whole thing. Considering how star studded of a line up it is this year nobody will expect somebody to go start to finish. It would instantly make somebody a full on superstar to go from #1 and win in the most star packed Rumble ever in front of 60,000 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,134 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

As long as The Miz is in, then I'm happy. Would be a joke if Ellsworth is in. Not because he's Ellsworth and a waste of a spot, but because Mojo had to earn his spot on Smackdown

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Miz is definitely there. You'd easily argue he is a top 3 guy on smackdown at this stage.

I can see Corbin being the ironman or a least finishing in the top four. He really seems to have clicked in the last month. His entrance/presentation is one of the best in the company.

I can see Corbin being the new Reigns. Being booed out of every building.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,134 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah Corbin has come a long way since NXT. Being on Smackdown has been good for him. It could actually be what Reigns has the potential to be if he turned heel.

Was trying to think who would be the underdog who's in there to near the end? Miz should be close, I'd say. And Ziggler to be the Michaels of the Rumble in nearly getting eliminated a hundred times or so.

Edit: Do you think they'll somehow get the match up they teased on Raw with Brock, Goldberg and Taker?

What year was it that only 1 guy was in the ring about halfway through? May have been Punk

• Advertisement

Punk started one in 2011 when he was head of nexus and destroyed by horns waggle and cena

He also started one with sets rolling and made to the final four.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

I can see Corbin being the new Reigns. Being booed out of every building.

Which would be fantastic as he is a heel unlike reigns

• Registered Users Posts: 60,700 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I can see Mojo being in the last 4 or 5 guys though especially with his mates team in the Super Bowl the following weekend and with the Gron injured and going to miss it he may well turn up at the RR for a nixer off Vince.

With go away heat, not from being a good heel. He's been picked for a push, because of his size, he's a terrible promo and very basic in ring.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

CastorTroy wrote: »
    As long as The Miz is in, then I'm happy. Would be a joke if Ellsworth is in. Not because he's Ellsworth and a waste of a spot, but because Mojo had to earn his spot on Smackdown

It will get worse; I'd put money on at least one other guy from that Battle Royal making an appearance in the Rumble match, in spite of losing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

the sick part of me want ellsworth to come in and brock and goldberg keep trying to out do each other with how much they beat him up

• Registered Users Posts: 38,458 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Randy Orton
    to win it is the latest rumour

A bit meh if he wins

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Randy Orton
    to win it is the latest rumour

A bit meh if he wins

Ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Wouldn't mind that if I'm being honest. Beats Strowman winning it anyway, I like him but he's definitely not ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

what if roman loses to owens he enters the rumble and wins.

this actually wouldn't surprise me and tbh for the meltdown of some fans i would kind of enjoy it but mostly not.

• Advertisement

I love Rusev!

Orton is going to win I feel. I find it hard to see Orton vs Bray Wyatt for the title as it would mean Cena/Styles will lose the title at the EC

Cena or Styles vs Orton would be cool

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Orton is going to win I feel. I find it hard to see Orton vs Bray Wyatt for the title as it would mean Cena/Styles will lose the title at the EC

Cena or Styles vs Orton would be cool

I don't find anything about another Cena vs. Orton match exciting tbh. Has to be the triple threat with AJ if anything, now that's a quality main event.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

martyos121 wrote: »
    I don't find anything about another Cena vs. Orton match exciting tbh. Has to be the triple threat with AJ if anything, now that's a quality main event.

It would be easily done too if Orton won the rumble and Cena won the title for AJ in the chamber so AJ can get his rematch as part of a triple threat at Mania.

It would be easily done too if Orton won the rumble and Cena won the title for AJ in the chamber so AJ can get his rematch as part of a triple threat at Mania.

I think it's the best option with Cena vs Taker pretty much ruled out this year. Some of the best WWE matches in the past few years have been triple threats, and this one would honestly have 5 star potential I think.

Only question is what they have planned for the top guys on Smackdown already. Hardly any leaks this year for WM plans, which is nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

I cant wait till either Goldberg or Lesnar are already in the ring and the other comes out , it will be a brawl and a half me thinks.

I reckon Aj will win, then Cena wins the chamber but sets up Cena/Joe for Mania. Leaving AJ free for Shane.

It's your only man.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Balor at number 27 would be worth a chuckle.

I reckon Aj will win, then Cena wins the chamber but sets up Cena/Joe for Mania. Leaving AJ free for Shane.

It's your only man.

Can't get my head around the idea of another Shane McMahon match, esp with a brilliant worker like Aj Styles ,a heel Dean Ambrose or Miz vs Shane would be much better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Shane beating The Miz with help from Daniel Bryan at WM could be a fun feel good moment.

Advertisement