Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Rumble 2017 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,458 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

LeeJM wrote: »
    Shane beating The Miz with help from Daniel Bryan at WM could be a fun feel good moment.

or as i said earlier in the week, Bryan turning heel and costing Mizs opponent the match

as of now i am gone dark on all spoilers for the rumble

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Miz to enter the rumble roll under the bottom rope and join commentary till the end

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

What's the "Remember the Rumble"tagline supposed to be about? Is it a reference to something specific or just because it's the 30th?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

oneilla wrote: »
    What's the "Remember the Rumble"tagline supposed to be about? Is it a reference to something specific or just because it's the 30th?

I think it's a play on remember the Alamo as it's in Texas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Did somewhere say if I sign up for the WWE network now, I get it free from the Rumble through to Wrestlemania?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Did somewhere say if I sign up for the WWE network now, I get it free from the Rumble through to Wrestlemania?

Not sure, i saw that offer was sent to some former subscribers. Did you the network site to see the current prices/offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,134 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think on tv it said Takeover, Rumble and Elimination Chamber

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

DM_7 wrote: »
    Not sure, i saw that offer was sent to some former subscribers. Did you the network site to see the current prices/offers?
    Yup, googled that info and it seems that offer was only for former subscribers. Which is a move that is surely for no reason other than to bolster the WM number (people who have cancelled before are a lot more likely to cancel again, surely? Especially if Mania is the end of their free period.)

Meh, I'll go to bed and find it somewhere in the morning.

going to head up to the Waterford Rumble party shortly

didnt look at a spolier since yesterday lunch time, cant wait for it

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Meltzer mentioned on his recent audio show his fear that Dillinger coming in at ten as many people are hoping for could end up becoming another 'What?' situation where fans start hijacking things by saying it over and over. He was thinking it might be best to avoid that.

I've been thinking the same thing. Might not be a popular opinion but I really don't want future Rumbles being ruined by fans shouting 'ten, ten' over and over for every countdown to an entrant. That will get old FAST just like the 'What?' stuff did.

I think it would be best to stick a heel like Miz in the number ten spot than risk this becoming an irritating trend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

PTH2009 wrote: »
    going to head up to the Waterford Rumble party shortly

didnt look at a spolier since yesterday lunch time, cant wait for it

In fairness I haven't seen much seems like they don't really know what there going to do

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Lads, I'm fierce excited for this! Been looking forward to it all week. I haven't watched a live PPV in years! The missus is away with work and I'm working from home tomorrow to allow for the lie in to recover :D

Starting to get a bit impatient now though.

Do I head off for a bit of sleep? Do I power through? Will I order food later? How will I manage my disappointment when Kurt Angle doesn't show up?

The best part of all though is I haven't the slightest notion as to who's winning this!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users Posts: 29,134 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Be great if we knew when the Rumble will be on. First? Last? Before 1 or 2 of the title matches?

Actually, just looking at the card and why is the SD women's champ in a 6 person tag match on the preshow? Especially since they have 4 hours to fill on the main show with only 4 matches and the Rumble. And the tag title match in the preshow as well

If it was first I would sit up and watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

x43r0 wrote: »
    Lads, I'm fierce excited for this! Been looking forward to it all week. I haven't watched a live PPV in years! The missus is away with work and I'm working from home tomorrow to allow for the lie in to recover :D

Starting to get a bit impatient now though.

Do I head off for a bit of sleep? Do I power through? Will I order food later? How will I manage my disappointment when Kurt Angle doesn't show up?

The best part of all though is I haven't the slightest notion as to who's winning this!

I am in work at 7 which means I gotta leave home at 6 and I have no intention of sleeping. Caffeine will get me through this.

Staying up watching, safe in the knowledge I don't have to be in college until 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yep I don't have work till half 11 :D

https://twitter.com/ProWrestlingMag/status/825803732336119809
    WRESTLEMANIA SEASON BABY! #RoyalRumble

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭JamieHP

Just on paddy power and noticed that Sheamus is the same odds to win as Conor McGregor haha

Can't wait too see how many times guys will point to the mania sign

**** me what a scene it will be if Finn Balor returns and wins the rumble, fireworks going off as he points to the sign (then they show new universal champ Roman Reigns looking at a TV Screen)

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Can't wait too see how many times guys will point to the mania sign

**** me what a scene it will be if Finn Balor returns and wins the rumble, fireworks going off as he points to the sign (then they show new universal champ Roman Reigns looking at a TV Screen)

3d5.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Sadly I see only one of those things happening and it's reigns as champ.

I have a feeling the winner will be disappointing, I haven't seen any spoilers I'm just farming the worst

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

€5 on Finn to win!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,700 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Midnight or 1 am start?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Midnight or 1 am start?

Midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Ellsworth to eliminate Goldberg at 33/1, I'm absolutely all over that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,181 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Kick off on now with 3 match, it would be a very long night if you watched all that in one night, i already had to catch up with NXT and then watch NXT from last night

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭seoirsem

Orton 1/25!!!!!!

I was gonna wait til tomorrow to watch, would it be possible to navigate the network tomorrow evening without seeing results or is it spoilerific?

• Advertisement

Good luck to anyone watching the kick off show and the main show back to back.

Advertisement