Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are the connectors/terminals on a heated mirror (Golf Mk5) called (pic attached)

• 22-11-2016 3:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Dopey question I know, but the heater in my driver's side wing mirror has never really worked. I didn't bother with it but in replacing the wing mirror turn signal today I noticed one of the connectors/terminals has been broken and is hanging loose/not connected. I've attached a pic from the internet. What are the connectors called? I'm talking about the ones that the wire goes into and then are pushed down onto the two heating terminals on the rear of the mirror glass.

03.jpg

And if people know what they're called, are they VW specific, or can they be gotten in any motor factors?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭the merchant

They are called female spade connectors. Mirrors usually have the small type.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭brophs

They are called female spade connectors. Mirrors usually have the small type.
    Brilliant. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Melodeon

They're also known as Lucar connectors.
    Widely available in a vast array of sizes and types from all motor factors, farm machinery places, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭brophs

Cheers lads. Popped to the motor factors down the road and 15 mins later both mirrors have new connectors (checked and the other side was broken as well) and are heating as normal.

Thanks again.

Advertisement