Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Sober' Podcasts

• 22-11-2016 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for podcasts worth listening to ? I spend a lot of time on the road and have always been an audiophile. I am currently listening to a lot of stuff from here http://silkworth.net/freestuff.html
    In particular Joe and Charlie Big Book study. Have to say I love it. I appreciate its not for everyone but I would suggest anyone attempting to 12 step to give it a listen. I have also downloaded http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/617702.In_the_Realm_of_Hungry_Ghosts on Audible.com and am hoping to get stuck in soon.
    Any other thoughts/suggestions?

regrds:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bikubesong

Hey Eamor, have you tried The Bubble Hour podcast? TBH it does feel like it's aimed towards girls rather than guys, so it might not be your scene, but I really like to dip in and out of it. Especially if I'm at home of an evening and can't make it to an AA meeting!

The only gripe I have with it is that the audio quality is pretty shoddy. I'm not au fait with these kind of things but I find it baffling that they're putting the time and effort into making a podcast that sounds like it's being recorded in the boot of a car. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭eamor

bikubesong wrote: »
    Hey Eamor, have you tried The Bubble Hour podcast? TBH it does feel like it's aimed towards girls rather than guys, so it might not be your scene, but I really like to dip in and out of it. Especially if I'm at home of an evening and can't make it to an AA meeting!

The only gripe I have with it is that the audio quality is pretty shoddy. I'm not au fait with these kind of things but I find it baffling that they're putting the time and effort into making a podcast that sounds like it's being recorded in the boot of a car. :p

Thanks for the recommendation. I will definitely check that out. I love listening to people's experience of getting sober. What worked, what didn't etc... More importantly I love hearing how people are happily staying sober. (This was an alien concept for me for a long time).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Goldmine on here ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Lady Mac

Hi there,

I listen to The Bubble Hour and Home Podcast but do agree that they are more geared towards women. You might enjoy Since Right Now and The Recovery Revolution podcasts. Both are run by men. If you google both of those names they should pop up. I'm on the road a lot too and find its an ideal time for getting some recovery time in.

Advertisement