Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brian Fallon Facebook Q&A

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Robotito

Was gutted I couldn't go to the gig last night, would love to hear any reports/reviews from any of ye who were there

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭villa2008

Great gig, Brian was on top form.

Setlist:
    Painkillers
    Nobody Wins
    Among Other Foolish Things
    Red Lights
    Open All Night
    Ladykiller
    Honey Magnolia
    Steve McQueen
    Smoke
    Romeo and Juliet
    Sugar
    Mojo Hand
    Rosemary
    Mary Ann
    Crush
    Behold the Hurricane
    A Wonderful Life
    National Anthem

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dinosaurtommyjr

Brian was great last nite, but that Swedish guy in the audience wrecked my head and I'd say Brian's aswell. It was a surprise he played national anthem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lc180

What was ticket sales like?

I didn't rrally see any promotion for this gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Brian was great last nite, but that Swedish guy in the audience wrecked my head and I'd say Brian's aswell. It was a surprise he played national anthem.

I reckon that's why he cut down on the chat as the gig went on. Was also a guy towards the back who was determined to have his moment and get a chant going but it none of the attempts caught on and the crowd pretty much told him to STFU. Fallon's handling of the Swedish guy was Jimmy Carr-esque though. :D

The gig itself was very good. Sound for Alex/Dead Swords was pretty sh!t I thought, but I have been listening to the EP on Spotify the last few days and they sound like some decent demos. Chris Farren's not my type of act but a great act to get the crowd going, and has some great crowd interaction...also his cover of bamboo bones was brilliant. Fallon was great as usual, find that at gaslight gigs a lot of people are waiting through most of the songs for 59 sound or Great Expectations so was expecting a lot of ppl shouting up requests for them but the crowd were really into it.

Dunno how well the seating sold but the floor was as packed as I can remember in the Olympia. Got stuck behind a group of 5-6 proper dicks from the arsehole of the bog who spent more time talking to each other, looking on set list fm to see what song would be next, and snap chatting the whole thing as there wasn't really room to move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

I saw the setlist for Portsmouth on Twitter. It's quite different and I think we got the better deal :D

THEY GOT:
    Long Drives
    I Witnessed A Crime
    Cherry Blossoms
    Black Betty & the Moon
    Tin Pan Alley

INSTEAD OF:
    Red Lights
    Open All Night
    Sugar
    Crush
    Mojo Hand
    National Anthem

(none of which I'd have wanted to lose from ours!).

Was a great show last Wed. He dealt with that Swedish twat very well all things considered. My highlights were Smoke, Sugar & Rosemary - and of course National Anthem. The sound was excellent (for Fallon's set anyway) and the band definitely looked like they were enjoying the gig too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I'd have taken Cherry Blossoms or Black Betty and the moon over Mojo Hand, really don't like that song.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I'd have taken Cherry Blossoms or Black Betty and the moon over Mojo Hand, really don't like that song.

Fair enough! It's not that I don't like the first batch of songs, but I wouldn't have wanted them instead of the ones we got!

Advertisement