If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another UHD TV Query (40in)

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

JimmyL wrote: »
    Hi,

I am looking for a 40in UHD TV. Ideally, OLED or Quantum Dot but I don't think these are available for 40in. Anything coming in the new year?

Assuming not, I have an eye on http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201897-viera-tx40dx700b.aspx with it's local dimming, and also on http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202131-ue40ku6400.aspx because of the dual tuners. But I am not sure if you deliver the Samsung to Ireland.

Of course, I could save some money with http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201943-viera-tx40dx600b.aspx. Would I miss HDR?

What do you recommend and your best price (GBP) delivered?

Thank you,

Jimmy.
    Hi Jimmy,

apologies for the delay - bit of a mental week ( and its only Tuesday :eek:) - Ok if you are chasing OLED I wouldn't go mad spending lots on a TV now and I would go for the 40DX600 - it really does have great PQ and at £579 / €529 its great value:
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201943-viera-tx40dx600b.aspx

If you want to take the same logic and push it a bit further - why don't you really save and buy again when OLED come down into smaller panels and just go for the Samsung UE40KU6020 which is now down to just £349 / €449:
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202314-ue40ku6020.aspx

For under £350 I honestly think you would be hard pushed to find a better value branded 40" out there at the moment!

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭JimmyL

No problems, John. I can imagine you're all busy preparing for Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

Thank you for the advice. While researching the Samsung, I came across your recommendation of http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202276-43quot-4k-smart-tv.aspx which has a free-to-air satellite turner. I don't suppose the Samsung has one too since the LG is just 3in's too big and I will have to get extra clearance for that. 

I will definitely take one of them. What is the stock level like? I am wondering if I should wait until Friday in case something else pops up.

Best Regards,

Jimmy.

No problems, John. I can imagine you're all busy preparing for Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

Thank you for the advice. While researching the Samsung, I came across your recommendation of http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202276-43quot-4k-smart-tv.aspx which has a free-to-air satellite turner. I don't suppose the Samsung has one too since the LG is just 3in's too big and I will have to get extra clearance for that. 

I will definitely take one of them. What is the stock level like? I am wondering if I should wait until Friday in case something else pops up.

Best Regards,

Jimmy.
    No problem on stock of the LG 43UH603 and I think its an amazing TV for £369 - at that price its a no-brainer :D

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

We're getting very close...

Now that I have started looking at 43in, this http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202093-43uh661v.aspx is looking very tempting. Can you please deliver this or can I arrange a courier to pick it up? Though I am sure you don't allow that in the past.

Jimmy.

Apologies for the delay getting back to you.. its been a bit mental over the last few days...

The 43UH661 is an in-store only model at the moment as stock is tight and unfortunately for lots of reasons including security and damage in deliveries we don't do courier collection from our stores.

We do have some stock locally and we can reserve one for you if you are coming in-store - just keep us posted :)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

Apologies for the delay getting back to you.. its been a bit mental over the last few days...

The 43UH661 is an in-store only model at the moment as stock is tight and unfortunately for lots of reasons including security and damage in deliveries we don't do courier collection from our stores.

We do have some stock locally and we can reserve one for you if you are coming in-store - just keep us posted :)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

No problems, John. I thought so as much but it was worth a try.

I think I forego upgrading to OLED soon and just get something decent now like http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201925-43uh750v.aspx. What is your best price delivered (to South Tipp.). Feel free to PM me :D

Thanks,

Jimmy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭AlanG

just to butt in <Snipped by Mod>

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Hi AlanG,

I've sniped your post above - please take a moment to read the Charter which includes the following :

If you see a post which is looking for a quote or advice from RS, please resist the urge to offer your opinion ! Such queries are not an open invitation for posters to make suggestions etc, these queries should be left to RS to answer. If queries or requests for quotes attracted everyone's opinion, the forum would be unworkable. This is not intended to prevent the usual chat and banter which you will regularly see on the RS forum.

If you have an opinion on some matter related to the items that Richersounds sells, or you wish to give people the benefit of your advice on some related issue, Please do not post it in this forum ! There are other fora on Boards in the Tech section on Home Entertainment or TV related topics, or in the Consumer fora, which are suitable locations for endowing Boardies with the benefit of any advice or opinion you wish to offer. Bearing in mind the purpose of this forum, posts along the lines described here are not appropriate and will be suitably snipped or deleted without warning. This approach is taken to ensure the workability of this particular forum and to ensure that general advice and discursive posts are made in the appropriate forum. This is not intended to prevent the usual chat and banter which you will regularly see on the RS forum.

Thanks,

Ritz

Thanks @ Ritz / Thanks @AlanG..

Jimmy - apologies for the delay getting back - its mental at the moment :)

That 43UH750 is a stunner of a TV but its as scarce as hens teeth at the moment - we just about have them available and they are £549 / €699 including our 6 year warranty - check them out here:
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201925-43uh750v.aspx

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]( Please excuse us over the next few days if responses are a little slower than normal!)[/font]

• Advertisement

OK. I'll take one (http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201925-43uh750v.aspx).

You couldn't throw in a decent HMDI cable and free delivery, could you?

I'll PM my contact details to close the deal.

Thank you,

Jimmy.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

OK. I'll take one (http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201925-43uh750v.aspx).

You couldn't throw in a decent HMDI cable and free delivery, could you?

I'll PM my contact details to close the deal.

Thank you,

Jimmy.
    Hi JimmyL.

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

I would not be able to to throw any a free HDMI or delivery on this screen unfortunately.  We always try our best for boardies but there is just nothing I can do one this one.

It is already discounted and leaves us no margin for a better price.

If you would still like to go for one let me know.

That's OK.

I've placed the order on the website (106007). Can you make sure the courier contact me to arrange delivery time.

Thanks,

Jimmy.

Hi,

Excellent service as always but that cannot be said of your courier! I was given a two day delivery window. So, I rang them to see if I can get an actual day because I need to organise someone (namely me) to be at home to collect it. They said it was going to be today and they will ring in the morning to confirm the time. No call this morning and I've just finished talking to them. Well, you probably guess the rest.

I do appreciate that at £6.99 is a great value service and I don't mind the wait, I just need to know when.

Again, thank you for your excellent service. I am looking forward to my new TV - tomorrow - hopefully.

Jimmy.

Hi,

Excellent service as always but that cannot be said of your courier! I was given a two day delivery window. So, I rang them to see if I can get an actual day because I need to organise someone (namely me) to be at home to collect it. They said it was going to be today and they will ring in the morning to confirm the time. No call this morning and I've just finished talking to them. Well, you probably guess the rest.

I do appreciate that at £6.99 is a great value service and I don't mind the wait, I just need to know when.

Again, thank you for your excellent service. I am looking forward to my new TV - tomorrow - hopefully.

Jimmy.
    Hi JimmyL.

I really do apologies for the hassle with the courier :(

I will have this investigated from this end to what has went wrong to try and ensure it doesn't happen again.

I'll also have it chased to make sure it does go ahead tomorrow.

In all fairness, I was just very annoyed (at not getting the TV, yesterday - I was really looking forward to it) and needed to rant a bit. I don't think any courier calls to arrange delivery.

Anyway, I've just finished talking to them and apparently, it will be out for delivery today. Just to need to find someone to be at the house, now.

Thank you,

Jimmy.

Hurray! It's delivered.

Just have to wait until I get home now...

Thanks,

Jimmy.

Hurray! It's delivered.

Just have to wait until I get home now...

Thanks,

Jimmy.
    Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for letting us know! If you need anything else let us know!

Stunning TV indeed ;)

I haven't really had the chance to watch much but the rest of the family are very happy and that's what counts :) 

Picture quality is amazing - once I turn all the image and motion processing off! Black isn't quite black but it's bright. Fireworks is almost like being there!

Though, WebOS 3.0 was a slight let down. It seems to have problems saving settings include favourite channel changes. Oh and there are ads (on the interface)! It's quite unobtrusive but still annoying. I will have to try to get rid of it. Apart from that it's pretty good.

Thanks again for a great service, especially the call backs.

Regards,

Jimmy.

Thanks for the update Jimmy - I have had a word with the couriers today :mad:

Great you are enjoying the TV :) - thanks for the biz - we really appreciate it!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.