Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good GP's in the Waterford/Kilkenny area

Options
  • 22-11-2016 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

hi there,
    Im currently looking for a good GP in the Waterford/Kilkenny area who is willing to actually listen to me and not laugh when I mention different tests I was interested in getting. Alot of GP's think they are hierarchy but at the end of the day they offer a service and if the client is not happy then go and find someone better.
    Does any one have any suggestions? A GP that is open minded would be great.
    I hope you have some suggestions!
    Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,464 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I'm sure there are some excellent GPs around, but it depends on what tests you want, to some extent. You appear to have an interest in Naturopathy, and I'm pretty sure that most gps would not be able to help you with those.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Aisling.lola

hi thanks for commenting, i'm sure there are but I cant locate any which are willing to do vitamin D, c-reactive protein or homocysteine as yearly blood work. I have my reasons for wanting these that my particular GP in the locality thinks are not relevant in clinic, however i'm paying and will pay extra for these and I think it should be within their interest to help a client with whatever is worrying them . I have research papers to prove the tests relevance and there not exactly naturopathic but I can see how you would think that. Im basically looking for someone more cooperative in the area, I know a good few in Dublin which I attend from time to time and am very happy to travel but it would be nice if there was someone in the locality as you need a local GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Morning Aisling,
    My sister lives in the KK/Wat area, and she constantly moans abt lack of good GP.s in the area. I.v heard her mention
    Dr Triona Sliney as being excellent, but I think she is hard to get into.
    If you go onto Patrick Holford.s website, and go into Test Kits, you can get the Homosysteine test, and a vitamin test done through some company in the UK I think. Rgds,

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Aisling.lola

Hi there,
    Thank you so much for the reply, I heard this GP is very busy and it can be hard to get hold of her, but Ill give a ring and see what the situation is.
    Many thanks for your response

Advertisement