Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike path on O'Connell St

Options
  • 22-11-2016 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭

Any idea why the barriers (to the motor lane) were removed from the bike path on O'Connell St.

It was one of the few places where you could relax for a few moments in the city centre and feel safe? V disappointed its gone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

It was one of the few places where you could relax for a few moments in the city centre and feel safe?

True, if you can magically flow through a pedestrian....

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Whole area is being redesigned for luas BXD if I remember the plans correctly. "Monument" has some whopper posts on the plans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

I would imaging cash transit companies kicked up a fuss that they couldn't hop on the kerb outside the BOI and UB branches.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

As mentioned by Alek, they seemed to have provided a 'safety zone' for pedestrians. I prefer that they're gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

As mentioned by Alek, they seemed to have provided a 'safety zone' for pedestrians. I prefer that they're gone.

But they don't pay any taxes Joe.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Moflojo

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    But they don't pay any taxes Joe.....

Road tax. They don't pay road tax. Along with all the others. Everyone, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Thank god, more bikes less cars I say.:)

Advertisement