Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre Speed

Options
  • 22-11-2016 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

Hey guys was just wondering if someone can help me on the speeds i am getting on fibre.
    Currently i'm getting 38meg speed butthe person a few doors down from me is getting 68meg and as far as i am aware we are on the same exchange. I'm in Longford by the way. I wont post any address or landline UAN etc. can someone contact me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

davehey79 wrote: »
    Hey guys was just wondering if someone can help me on the speeds i am getting on fibre.
    Currently i'm getting 38meg speed butthe person a few doors down from me is getting 68meg and as far as i am aware we are on the same exchange. I'm in Longford by the way. I wont post any address or landline UAN etc. can someone contact me?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]davehey79,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem, can you PM me your name & account number? I can check what your line is testing for.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭the rock29

His have the same problem use to get 80 meg now lucky to get 30 living in Dublin Crumlin 

the rock29 wrote: »
    His have the same problem use to get 80 meg now lucky to get 30 living in Dublin Crumlin 
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear this [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]the rock29,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]if the speed has decreased this could indicate a fault on the line or your speed profile could need to be adjusted. Have you contacted technical support in relation to this?[/font]

I have contacted  them they can't figure it out I think the pole out side needs to bensure replaced it is so old

I have contacted  them they can't figure it out I think the pole out side needs to bensure replaced it is so old

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you PM me your name & account number [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]the rock29 [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]& I'll check this.[/font]

• Advertisement

Yeah did reboot modem  no change  on speed

Yeah did reboot modem  no change  on speed
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]the rock29,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]this can take 24-48 hours to take effect. If you do not notice any improvements by then let me know.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

I got a notice in my door a couple of weeks ago saying fibre broadband is now available on my street. Unfortunately when I checked my address online it seems 7mbs is the maximum speed I can get.   Wonder is this likely to improve at any stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭davehey79

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem, can you PM me your name & account number? I can check what your line is testing for.[/font]

Did you get a chance to check out the PM i sent Pamela?

Did you get a chance to check out the PM i sent Pamela?

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]davehey79,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Apologies for the delay, I'm going through my PM's now & will be back to you shortly.[/font]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭davehey79

Just like to say a big tanks to Pamela for getting all sorted for me.
    Very very appreciative of the swift actions.

Just like to say a big tanks to Pamela for getting all sorted for me.
    Very very appreciative of the swift actions.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem at all [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]davehey79 [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]more than happy to help. :D [/font]

Advertisement