Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disconnect hkc quantum 70

Options
  • 22-11-2016 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have a hkc quantum 70 alarm panel and a bell box ( no idea what this is). I keep getting an RF jam error which sets off the internal panel alarm. I don't ever use this as i have a big dog so want to turn the panel off. If I simply disconnect the panel from the mains whilst it is disarmed will the outside bell box go off ?

If so can I then totally remove the internal alarm panel but just leave the bell box which I assume is connected to the mains elsewhere ?

Grateful for any advice

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You will need to disconnect the mains & the internal battery. If the outside bell rings it will time out in about 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hkc70user

Thanks do you know if it's possible to disable the RF jam error so that it doesn't go off so that i can leave it on for now ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hkc70user wrote: »
    Thanks do you know if it's possible to disable the RF jam error so that it doesn't go off so that i can leave it on for now ?

You could remove the batteries from the devices one by one and see if it clears.

Advertisement